5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first book about space...
Published on March 29, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars okay for an older kid
Published on February 7, 2011 by Christy Long

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first book about space..., March 29, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: What's Out There?: A Book about Space (Reading Railroad) (Paperback)
What a GREAT book! I was looking for a book for my 3 1/2 year old that would introduce him to space in a simple way, "What's Out There" is exactly what I wanted. He is so captivated by this book, it is short, simple and easy to understand. It is perfect for him now and will be for the next several years. All of the basics are covered such as the 9 planets and their relation to the sun, how the earth travels around the sun and spins, the moon, gravity, the make-up of all the planets, asteroids etc. Each topic is explained in a fun and easy way for a child to understand and the illustrations are wonderful. Highly recommend as a first book about space!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, January 6, 2008
excellent, up to date book about space/solar system. lots of words, but my 2 yo still enjoys it and will grow with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to introduce the Solar System, September 26, 2011
Jami L. McConnell (Southern New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my 4 year old son to begin talking about the solar system. To my surprise, he had already learned quite a bit from Bubble Guppies! lol. This book was a great addition to his knowledge base and loves to share what he learned with various family members. The information in the book is up-to-date and written clearly and developmentally appropriately.

3.0 out of 5 stars okay for an older kid, February 7, 2011
I bought this with the intention of reading it to my 3 yr old son who loves space and the discovery series on TV about the universe. However, in this book, the amount of text and and density of info on every page (which could be far more concise) is just too much for his age. Maybe in three more years or so this will be a good book for him. For now, it's just overload and it takes too long to read each page. He loses interest and begs for his other space book instead. It's a cute book, just not for this age.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice illustrations, but needs to be updated, November 14, 2010
My husband and I purchased this book for our daughter who is fascinated with astronomy. We were disappointed that it still lists Pluto as a planet and there are not rings around planets that have rings in some illustrations. I thought I had read in the description that it had been reprinted since Pluto was downgraded, but I guess it hasn't....

5.0 out of 5 stars My son LOVES this book!, August 16, 2011
This book is both informational and fun! My son loves learning all about space and requests this book each night at bedtime. Super pleased with this purchase! Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, June 13, 2011
Karin Jennifer Beatty (Virginia Beach, Va- USA) - See all my reviews
Purchased this book for my sons 4th birthday. He loves all things space and this book was a perfect fit! We have enjoyed reading it together and we both have learned so much. Our adult friends are always impressed to hear him spout off facts he learned thru this book about space that even they didnt know! I definitely recommend this book for children who are interested in space.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring with bad pictures, December 14, 2012
I bought this book to use with my daughter's co-op preschool class. After reading it to my daughter, I knew would never use it in a preschool class. It makes something as magnificent and exciting as outerspace seem boring. It basically just tells the names of different objects in space, and very boring facts about them. It also has too many words on each page, and the pictures are pretty mundane, too.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good book, February 5, 2011
This was bought for our space obsessed 3 year old. The books content is a bit more than a 3 year old needs but he enjoys being read this book anyhow. the information in this book is very good and would be very appropriate for children who are more than 3 years old, probably the target audience is school age children.

4.0 out of 5 stars What's Out There great read for kids interested in space, January 11, 2009
dldinsd (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
Got this for my 3 yr old grandson who is fascinated by space. Great read.

What's Out There?: A Book about Space (Reading Railroad)
What's Out There?: A Book about Space (Reading Railroad) by Lynn Wilson (Paperback - March 24, 1993)
$3.99