What's the most difficult puzzle in this game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2009 9:22:51 AM PST
Harmonybee says:
I'm finding a lot of these puzzles to to be difficult I've solved a total a twenty one so far. I admit the first puzzle in the game was a breeze.

Posted on Apr 6, 2009 1:54:12 PM PDT
SMM2571 says:
For some reason, certain kinds of puzzles really get me..such as the matchstick ones,LOL. I'm about 18 puzzles in. But, some of the harder puzzles with higher points have been ok..I have a block about the matchstick puzzles, apparently.

Posted on Apr 13, 2009 7:08:11 PM PDT
Teresa Lopez says:
how do you do puzzle #100 seven squares

Posted on Apr 14, 2009 10:14:29 AM PDT
beachmb says:
How do you do puzzle 10 Alphabet for the bookshelf?

Posted on Apr 15, 2009 6:36:54 AM PDT
I have not played this game in a while, but I recall a "Princess in the box" puzzle toward the end being quite challenging. There are more than one of this kind of puzzle, and things get insanely hard toward the end of the game.

Posted on Apr 17, 2009 12:46:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2009 12:47:22 PM PDT
BobcatFan says:
answer to the question on puzzle 10 at the bottom (scroll down)

spolier, do not read if you don't want to know the answer

the last letter of the alphabet is 't'. it refers to the word 'alphabet'. same as sayig what is the last letter of 'the engine' would be e

Posted on Apr 21, 2009 8:45:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 21, 2009 8:50:40 PM PDT
jr_Tech says:
If you get REALLY stumped, A "walkthrough" which includes solution to all of the puzzles can be easily found on the web. I had the most trouble with the "sliding pieces" type of puzzle.

http://professorlaytonwalkthrough.blogspot.com/

Posted on Apr 25, 2009 1:58:25 PM PDT
Diana says:
PLEASE help this dumb fool...lol. How do I get those stupid chicks and wolves to the other side.....I dont know how to solve it and it wont let me go without doing it.....please...someone...take pity .....pppllleeeease....

Posted on Apr 26, 2009 12:08:26 PM PDT
jr_Tech says:
Detailed solution from the link I posted above:

http://professorlaytonwalkthrough.blogspot.com/2008/02/puzzle007.html

Posted on Jul 13, 2009 11:34:05 PM PDT
R. Grayhat says:
The hardest was probably the one near the end, the one with the Princess In The Box. After getting the 3 clues however, I was able to figure it out, but it still took a while.

Other than that, the other hard puzzles are the ones in the Bonus content that are called something like, "Professor Layton's Challenges" or something.

Posted on Sep 23, 2009 12:05:33 PM PDT
There was a puzzle around 107 that was a sliding 3x3 puzzle that I despised. Sliding puzzles are lame anyway but this one was particulary annoying because it had a 'gimmick'.

The blog cited above is great for looking up the puzzles that absolutely stump.

Posted on Dec 19, 2009 9:30:27 PM PST
please help me get passed "seven squares" please!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2009 9:31:56 PM PST
please let me know if anyone has responded. ive been stuck for a long time on this puzzle and i cant go on!! help!!

Posted on Sep 9, 2010 6:39:57 PM PDT
D. Williams says:
The hardest puzzle has got to be Princess in a Box 3 (located at the Puzzle Master's house). The fewest number of moves you can make to complete the puzzle is 81!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Nintendo DS
Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Nintendo DS by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (429)