Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 18, 2012 1:01:28 AM PDT
NLee says:
More info please!!

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 1:53:24 PM PDT
NLee says:
from amazon.co.uk
Judas Priest marks the 30th anniversary of their seminal platinum-selling album, Screaming For Vengeance with an expanded CD/DVD.
Featuring all the killer tracks including "You've Got Another Thing Coming", "Take These Chains" and "Electric Eye", the album contains four extra live tracks from the US leg of the Screaming For Vengeance tour (San Antonio Civic Center show, September 10th 1982).
The bonus DVD boasts the first ever commercial release of the band's awesome 1983 US Festival show. It's a storming set of 12 songs and showcases a band at the top of their game. The CD/DVD release also includes sleeve notes by Eddie Trunk (the long-standing and well-respected US rock journalist, author and TV/radio presenter) plus photos from legendary rock photographer Mark Weiss.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 6:29:51 AM PDT
I can't wait for this release! My fave JP album, and an Epic new album cover to go with it!!!!

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 6:52:14 AM PDT
Meh, I don't feel this is very 'special' or 'expanded'. The remaster is probably the same as the 2001 and the live tracks on the CD are probably the same as the bonus tracks featured on the last remastered CD's. The US festival DVD is a nice addition, but we already have Live Vengeance '82 from this tour. Overall I think I'll pass and wait for the new album.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 12:57:47 AM PDT
And another thing, why only do special editions of certain albums? Completely and continually ignoring Point of Entry, how will new fans or any fans in general find out the gems it has on it? How many more copies do we need? Of course it's a classic and a masterpiece, but give us an expanded version of Staind Class or Defenders of The Faith(so you can fix the horrible 'remastering' done on the later). I know the band can only do so much when the record companies execs need another yacht, but they could at least for once NOT go along for the ride.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 11:51:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2012 11:52:37 AM PDT
My Name says:
I have been waiting 30 years for the release of the US Festival video! I am buying this for the DVD. The remastered CD is a bonus. I was there, and it was an awesome show. I think anyone who was there will want this, and I hope the Scorpions and Ozzy release their US Festival shows on DVD or bluray, too.
This makes Triumph, Quiet Riot, and now JP from that epic day in metal history. Motley Crue and Van Halen aren't worth releasing.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 11:56:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 11:57:18 AM PDT
bass boy says:
Hey My Name,

So what was Van Halen's problem, other than some (or all) of them being drunk? Were they that bad? Just curious. I saw Van Halen in 2008 and they were great, and then I caught them again in May (before they cancelled a bazillion dates) and the band sounded as strong or stronger than in 2008, but Roth had some pitch problems. I don't mind him coming in a little late here and there on some verses - some fans really hate that in concert - but he struggled with the pitch on "Dance the Night Away" and a couple others. The 2012 show wasn't awful, but Roth was a bit slippery here and there. Eddie, apparently now free of drugs (he's a little thick in the middle now, which is OK) and cigarrettes (he never touched a cigarrette the whole two hours the band played, was on fire at the 2012 show in particular.

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 4:23:15 PM PDT
My Name says:
They were extremely drunk, especially DLR. He kept forgetting lyrics, and was rambling in the middle of songs, and I think he may have been charged with inciting a riot. LOL But they were awful. And that was after waiting a ridiculous amount of time for them to come on stage. I walked out on them. They were that bad. I've chatted with other people who were there, and most everyone agrees with how bad they were. And I was a VH fan.
Motley Crue was just their usual awful self. Tommy Lee has to be the worst drummer I ever saw, and Neil is the most annoying vocalist.
Even Quiet Riot was entertaining, compared to VH and MC. Scorps, Priest, Ozzy, and Triumph all rocked.
Joe Walsh was originally slated to play. I think he was replaced by QR.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 4:24:31 PM PDT
My Name says:
I remember as I was walking out, along with many others, Roth was saying, "This Van Halen crowd is..." and I yelled, "Leaving!" I got a better response than he did.

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 8:20:57 PM PDT
Captain Nemo says:
Think I will be getting the Screaming For Vengeance 30th anniversary since my LP is long gone....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 9:11:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 9:19:09 AM PDT
bass boy says:
The DVD is great to have. Apparently, it's the entire Judas Priest set from the US Festival. The mix is very strong - bass and drums are prominent, not buried beneath the guitars. The guitars sound balanced in volume, and Halford gives a strong vocal performance. It's nice to see quite a few shots of bassist Ian Hill. Lots of shots of drummer Dave Holland are in this video, too.
The set list is about bullet proof, with hits and diehard fans' favorite like "Victim of Changes." Overall, the video tape source is in good shape. It's only about the last four songs or so where the tape shows minor flaws. Now let's hope JP releases concert DVDs of their tours supporting "Stained Class," "Hell Bent for Leather/Unleashed in the East" and "British Steel." This DVD is a great companion piece to the 1982 show that was put out on DVD three or four years ago. Some late 1970s concert films would be the icing on the cake. :)

P.S. That's too bad about VH/Roth at that same festival. I saw them in early May of this year and they were good. Roth was a bit wobbly here and there (very pitchy on "Dance the Night Away"), but overall he was OK. The band sounded great, especially Eddie. Ironically, Roth was at his most convincing and best at that May 2012 concert while finger-picking a very moving acoustic guitar part, alone on the semi-dark stage, while discussing the competing sheep dogs he raises and owns before "Ice Cream Man." There was this great black and white video footage on the big screens of Roth, with a goatee (!), training his sheep dogs to compete, and he was at his most serious talking about it. He then started playing the acoustic guitar into to "Ice Cream Man." I remember thinking, wow, when Roth wants to be serious, he's really interesting.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 9:44:26 PM PDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw51MNAp9IY

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 10:27:24 AM PDT
TC says:
Scorpions was the best band of Day 2. My friends and I walked out before Halen was finished too. I was living in Victorville at the time. We went to all 3 days, and i was exhausted when it was all over......and i was only 21 at the time!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012 3:34:40 PM PDT
My Name says:
7 friends and I drove down from SF, in a van. I was only 18. Good times! Wish I had gone to the other days, too, but I was completely into metal at the time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jul 18, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Screaming For Vengeance - Special 30th Anniversary Edition (CD/DVD)
Screaming For Vengeance - Special 30th Anniversary Edition (CD/DVD) by Judas Priest (Audio CD - 2012)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (87)