Whats with Amazons preorder bonus

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 172 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:26:40 AM PDT
Me too. I used to regard amazon credit as good as cash: now I'm buying one game here just to use it up. They used to have the best deals, now just pricematching is like pulling teeth. Even for buying schoolbooks, it's pretty sad that the University Bookstore has better deals. My only incentives now are I have Prime until January and they don't charge tax yet.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:44:59 AM PDT
A. Galvan says:
Was thinking of pre-ordering here but the bonus on Amazon here stinks. Going to pre-order Halo 4 from the Microsoft Store then use the 25$ credit on 3 months Xbox live code.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 2:43:23 PM PDT
Boose C. says:
Instead of whining, just take your business elsewhere. Newegg has been getting 100% of my video game pre-orders becaue they are giving me the cheapest bottom line. (IE Halo 4 for $44.00, Any pre-order I want for $47.99). At $47.99 I pre-ordered every game I could think that I would want in the forseeable future. If I decide I don't want a certain release then I can always cancel. $47.99 is now my pricepoint for new-releases thanks to newegg. Just go where your best deal is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 3:09:49 PM PDT
If you read the comments, you'll see most of us are doing exactly that. Many of us have been loyal customers for years - I bought 90% of my games, textbooks and miscellaneous items from this site - and we're disappointed at how far downhill amazon has gone. Now they don't even price match. Companies these days like to blame everything else - the economy, the customer, rivals, etc - when keeping customers often comes down to 2 key things: customer service and prices. We post our dissatisfaction hoping amazon will notice and go back to their old ways. If not, they'll only lose more money.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 3:24:41 PM PDT
Boose C. says:
Amazon definitely reads the Halo 4 message board, well done guys. Amazon has had more money from me in the past 3-4 years than just about anyone on here, but my loyalty only goes so far as they are the best deal around. They aren't providing that anymore so my money goes elsewhere. Complaining about it on here isn't going to get them to change. We're not magically going to get the gaming deal of the day or great pre-order promotions back because we are posting on the the message board of one particular product out of millions.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 4:11:29 PM PDT
Do Newegg and the Microsoft Store offer release date delivery?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:41:35 PM PDT
gmerdude says:
They offer overnight but there is no guarantee that it will arrive on Release Day. The only place that is offering that is Walmart. I think Microsoft has the best deal with free 3 day shipping with a $25 credit.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:42:27 PM PDT
A. Galvan says:
Pre-ordered from Microsoft Store today and I'm pretty sure they don't at least not for free.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 2:12:06 AM PDT
Philip Brown says:
Well for $25 back from the MS store. And free shipping I will go that route. Just canceled here at amazon. Hell the servers are gonna be hammered and if not blacked out on release day anyway and really wont be smoothed out till the weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 7:39:59 AM PDT
Andrew says:
Bye bye Amazon? This is the first game is a long time I am not preordering or buying new from Amazon, don't let one game make a judgement.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 8:01:00 AM PDT
M.B says:
I really hope nobody preorders this game from amazon. Because they going think people like there 10 dollar movie credit. They also gave the same deal for assassin creed 3. I just preorder some where else.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 8:14:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 8:15:14 AM PDT
gmerdude says:
They are getting the sales if you look on the front page Halo 4 is #1 right now.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 9:41:41 AM PDT
Buckeye H says:
Newegg has $12 off select pre-orders $49+ (including Halo 4), for this weekend.The promo code is EMCJJNH48.If you can wait a few days, their 3-day shipping is free as well.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 12:54:01 PM PDT
If i were to preorder halo 4 form ms store, would i get the $25 credit in time to preorder black ops?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 2:07:54 PM PDT
Thanks, I missed out on the previous code that ended a couple of days ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:35:17 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 2, 2012 3:45:48 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:37:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 3:49:23 PM PDT
Amazon does charge taxes. At least they do here in KY. Posting on their forums complaining about their lack of deals will not make them change. If you look at the top 100 in video games, they've figured out that they don't need to offer those nifty gift credit promotions because the game will sell without it. Not only are they not having trouble selling it, but the LE is sold out.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:32:34 PM PDT
greyt dog says:
Just ordered it from Newegg. Use code EMCJJNH48 for $12 off.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 12:36:31 AM PDT
A. Post says:
Count me as another person to cancel their pre-order on amazon and order elsewhere. just bought on newegg for 12 off, i haven't had the game yet so I can handle waiting a couple extra days. I don't want their video credit anyways, i paid for prime already. I too have touted the merits of amazon loudly to many but will agree their "deal" on this, as compared to elsewhere, is bad.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 12:42:23 AM PDT
Taylor Marsh says:
This is the END to Amazon's Game Profits:

Consider: $59 + Tax + $5 for Release day Shipping = ~$70
Consider: Me...going down the street to Walmart, Target, or Gamestop = ~$65
Consider: That this game has the Reach engine, and uses many Reach features = Price drop after Christmas to $40 or less.
Consider: It's not made by Bungie, no idea if it will be good or not.
Consider: Promotions are a Joke "$10 in movies?" You can stream/download any movie for free, or hit a $1 dropbox nearby.
Consider: Promotion "Armor" is given away by many places (Including Gamestop)

I'm an amazon prime member, and am very unhappy.

Does anyone remember the time where new games like this were: $58 + No tax + Free Release day shipping + $10-$20 Giftcard (without being Amazon Prime!)

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 2:00:05 AM PDT
Taylor Marsh says:
Newegg.com with the promotion code ->[Halo 4] EMCJJNH48
= $12 off, No Taxes, Free 3 day S/H (to all) = $48
In conclusion: I saved $22...but will get the game 3 days later than most.

First time, I've ever had to do this...and it makes me a little sad, that amazon failed so badly with their promotions. Talked to 3-4 Sales Representatives, and got nowhere on this, so I am literally forced to direct consumers to a better site for the sake of human justice.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 2:35:52 AM PDT
If it wasn't due to the fact that I have Amazon credit and Amazon Prime from being a student, I wouldn't of order from Amazon. I do like the spider armor that you get though. I'd probably just go to Gamestop at midnight and get it.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:13:07 AM PDT
C. Odom says:
I just pre-ordered from amazon because i like the web skin.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 11:38:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 11:38:58 AM PDT
The main reason I'm not switching to Newegg is because of the web skin, as shallow as that may be. Plus I get this feeling that I'll get the game later if I switch since I'll be bumped to the end of the preorder list.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 3:17:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 3:18:01 PM PDT
gmerdude says:
For those wondering if the game is any good the review embargo lifted on Thursday. Halo 4 sits at a 90 on metacritic with a 9.8/10 from IGN and a 10/10 from Examiner.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  67
Total posts:  172
Initial post:  Sep 19, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 4 - Xbox 360 (Standard Game)
Halo 4 - Xbox 360 (Standard Game) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (2,476)