Customer Discussions > Resident Evil 5 - Playstation 3 forum

What's your favorite RE game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 9, 2010 7:00:41 AM PDT
T. Frye says:
Out of these RE games, which is your favorite?
Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil 5.

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 2:57:22 PM PDT
h crowther says:
R E 3

Posted on Aug 1, 2010 3:15:40 PM PDT
T. Frye says:
For me, I think Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 2 and 3 were good (especially Resident Evil 2) . Resident Evil Zero scared the crap out of me, and is very hard, but it's fun. Resident Evil was scary, but not very fun (I'm talking about the original, not the Gamecube remake. The Gamecube remake was awesome.)

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 11:20:35 AM PDT
R. Hawkins says:
which one was the one with the big , scary guy wearing the trench coat that just kept showing up from out of nowhere? That was my favorite.

Posted on Sep 1, 2010 8:17:03 PM PDT
whatever says:
RE 4 by far. That game was creepy & its the first one I can remember that didn't have controls frustrating the heck out of me.
I didn't even get RE 5. I like horror games, not just action. I watched some of the walkthroughs' on this game & it doesn't look anything like a horror game. I took a pass.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2010 1:30:46 PM PDT
T. Frye says:
That was Resident Evil 3. Scariest game ever.

And the "Big, scary guy wearing the trench coat that just kept showing up from out of nowhere" was Nemesis. The entire game I would do anything to blow his head off with a rocket launcher.

Posted on Oct 4, 2010 6:35:24 AM PDT
Resident Evil 4. I heard amazing things about it, so I tried it and I loved it. Must have played it twenty times. I never played a Resident Evil game, so I went back and player a few... doesn't compare to the controls and feel of RE4

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 7:54:20 PM PST
Definitely RE4. No Question. Such an evocative and memorable experience. I preferred the Wii version, which included all the bonus content from the other versions (PS3, Gamecube), as well as motion controls, which actually made the game better. Since RE4, I basically compare all other survival-horror games against it as the benchmark.

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 8:15:52 PM PST
LeMU says:
Both Resident Evil 3 and 4. Considering that RE 0-3 (+ Veronica) are puzzle games and RE 4 and 5 are action games, I don't feel it fair to include both when deciding "which is better".

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 10:25:02 AM PST
T. Frye says:
Resident Evil 4 BY FAR!!!!!!!!!! Out of the classic ones, however, I'd have to say either Resident Evil 2 or Resident Evil Code Veronica X....

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 1:22:00 AM PDT
@T. Frye you liked the RE1 remake, but not the original??? there almost identical, except for a few added areas/features and updated the graphics. The gameplay and mechanics are EXACTLY THE SAME. how/why do you like that one so much more? For me, I have yet to play 2,3 and code:veronica (I know you didn't list it, but it is part of the cannon series), but when it comes to game play, probably 4, 0, 1. When it comes to story on the other hand its 1+0 only. The story for 4+5 was NOT resident evil. 5 Ruined Wesker by turning him into a cliched villain AND killing him off, and 4's story was completely unrelated to ANYTHING in the series. 4 actually had a decent story that kept me entertained, but again, its not RE. 5 basically took 4, striped off most of the mechanics (the merchant, being able to move+shoot, the lack of night or darkness in general, thus eliminating any and all scares, removing all monsters except lickers) added a BS co-op character to escape BS claims of racism, made the story completely ludicrous, and ruined one of the greatest villains of all time (second perhaps only to Sylar from Heroes).

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 10:31:47 PM PDT
moogle11 says:
RE2 then RE4.

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 10:13:41 AM PDT
BeastNYC says:
Resident Evil Nemesis is my favorite. Code Veronica is my second favorite. Resi 1 & 2 are Classics! RE4 was good and RE5 was okay.

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 7:42:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 10, 2011 7:50:53 AM PDT
I agree with LeMU on this one. 4 and 5 were made out of a completely different mold than the others (with 4's gameplay being just a tiny bit more connected to the original gameplay than 5's).

If we're going by the number of playthroughs, I'd have to say RE4. I must have played that game 1 million and a half times by now and still have considered getting the Wii remake. However, it was not so much the story or the ties to the series that dragged me in as it was the actual gameplay. I really enjoyed going around as Leon demolishing hoards of "zombies" with the new control system. That was it...

If we're going by favorite game as far as what actually qualifies as a survivor horror and nostalgia sake, I'd have to say RE3. This, by far, is one of my favorite games of all time. Nemesis scared the crap out of me time and time again. Every time I would turn a corner and hear "STAAAARS" my heart rate would jump about 20-30 bpm. This game had all the elements of a good survivor horror game, and I hope that they create more like this one in the future. I seriously doubt they will, but I can still hope. ^_^

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 5:00:13 PM PST
Jesse Cortez says:
The Resident Evil Outbreak series

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 11:35:27 AM PDT
C. Burpee says:
Resident Evil 2

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 3:55:58 PM PDT
phoongdan says:
RE5 - guess I'm the only one who likes it best! LOL. RE4 was a great game, but RE5 was on the PS3 so the graphics were just better. And I thought the storyline was much better developed in RE5 than RE4. I wasn't a fan of the earlier games.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Jun 9, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Resident Evil 5 - Playstation 3
Resident Evil 5 - Playstation 3 by Capcom (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (459)