Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > For Your Entertainment forum

Whattaya Want From Me? (music vid !)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2010 5:00:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2010 5:08:49 AM PST
Deb says:
Here it is, and it is beautiful.
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2010/01/whataya-want-from-adam-lambert-the-official-music-video/

Youtube version...you can expand the screen on this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ARjfU75k9I

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 5:07:26 AM PST
Fantastic says:
They are showing the WWFM video on VH1 every hour on the hour until 10:00 AM, and it says "Watch and Discuss".
It's at their website too, and you can add comments.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 5:12:47 AM PST
Deb says:
M. Golden....thank you for the info. I know carolb57 was saying it would be on VH1 but did not know which hour. So....it is on each hour, meaning that I don't need to record all five hours? I want to make sure because my dvr is nearly full, and if I can cop a break here, that is great. I definitely want to record it !
Have a nice Friday. Heading out to work shortly....dang it.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 5:22:15 AM PST
carolb57 says:
D. Jerome: I posted to you on the "Adam on VH-1" thread at 6:00 a.m. Theresa saw it again at 7:00 and I saw it again at 8:00 a.m.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 5:26:06 AM PST
Deb says:
Hugzzzz....thank you, carolb57. Off to the rat race.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 7:54:49 AM PST
tess says:
D. jerome: All three of ADAM's videos are at VH1.com and you can view vote & comment all you want. I've kept all three repeating since 6AM EST and will keep them going all day. God ... does that kid get any more GORGEOUS? With or without make-up, etc. he is BEAUTIFUL ... wish he would realize that so he'd stop doubting himself. He;s on VH1.com right now ........ WOW! ttyl

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 8:09:25 AM PST
tess says:
Everyone: Backstreet Boys are ready to overtake ADAM at musiqtone.com/music/musiclounge .... we need some heavy voting from all fans ... spread the word to all fan sites and go vote 50x before we have to catch up ... we're still ahead but not by much!

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 8:32:09 AM PST
Voted all I could on musiqtone. I am also voting in the Phillipines where both FYE and WWFM are on the charts. Also voting in Singapore where WWFM is now at 6 but we will have it back to 1 soon. I haven't been posting much but enjoy reading what all of you have to say. The WWFM video is beautiful. He looks so young in it---definitely needs to be in movies. Must go to VH1 and comment

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 8:37:41 AM PST
tess says:
Asia: Spread the word on every fan site you can ... also see if someone can get it on twitter if you can't yourself ... we're starting to make progress but we can't let up. I think the WWFM video is on every hour on the hour on VH1 TV ... just saw it again at 11AM EST here so that makes 6x for me ... I have to catch my breath when I see that tear rolling down his face.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 9:06:28 AM PST
tess says:
Another ADAM WWFM sighting at noon EST on MTV ... they've moved off VH1 .... will check MTV from here on ........... keep voting guys ............ keep ADAM #1 where he should be.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 9:08:32 AM PST
JMac says:
Here's the link on VH1 where you can go in and comment on Adam's new video! http://www.bestweekever.tv/tag/adam-lambert/
So exciting!!! Love the video because it is showing several sides of the Adam we all know and love. The song is so good and he looks gorgeous and so sweet. He did a great job!!

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 10:46:43 AM PST
tess says:
Looks like MTV is now showing WWFM on the hour now if you want to see it on a regular basis .... he looks about 22 yo in parts of it ... so lost & so vulnerable ..... poor BB.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 12:36:53 PM PST
HEPHAESTION says:
ADAM LAMBERT at his best.......very simple but yet so powerful,his voice is so strong and images you catch are at times very haunting......comments from another site shows this video is bringing him some new fans,one comment read they never liked ADAM before but have fell in love with video and the song,the power of ADAM LAMBERT.....the video simply brings that to forefront in such a good way!!WELL DONE.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 12:50:01 PM PST
Spiceyone says:
What a Doll. His face is so cute. I love the video and him.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 1:45:44 PM PST
S. Clark says:
fantastic video - draws u in - such emotion - awesome......best video ever............

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 1:55:55 PM PST
MarKy - MoCo says:
I know that this is slightly off topic, but did any of you see this commercial that Adam had posted on his twitter account? It is really adorable:

http://blog.vevo.com/adam-lamberts-hotel-party/

Oh, and I thought that the WWFM video was absolutely amazing!!

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 2:36:16 PM PST
Gini says:
Adam will be different on each and evey one of his videos - just like he did on American Idol. Just wait the viewing audiance will be wanting to see what kind of video will he'll do next! What will he do on American Idol? Watch their rateings go up! What kind of perfromances will he do for his tour. He isn't going to stop. Isn't it great we all got into Adam from the very beginning?

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 10:40:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2010 10:42:34 PM PST
Fantastic says:
This is what MTV said about the WWFN video.

It's not easy being Adam Lambert.
That seems to be the message behind the music video for Lambert's "Whataya Want From Me," which premiered on VH1 on Friday morning (January 15). The brand-new video showcases the glam rocker in a sparse industrial apartment. But instead of the "glittery alien from Planet Fierce" persona we've come to expect from the showman, we're seeing an emotionally raw and exhausted man, uncomfortable in a cold, new-looking home and torn between the different roles he's forced to play in his very public life.
The various "Adams" are all represented in the video, and the one thing they share in common is that they're all miserable. There's slick-artist-in-a-tailored-suit Adam, seeming happy in front of the paparazzi but depressed once the limo door shuts. We also meet plain-James Adam, clad in a simple black T-shirt and jeans, who spends his time lounging on a couch and crying. Of course, there's also rock-star Adam, who pops up with his band to sing the chorus of the song.
Which "Adam" persona is the real deal? The "Whataya Want From Me" video suggests that all of them are. Lambert's a lonely emo kid, a frustrated superstar, a glam-rock glitter addict and a guy who orders Chinese takeout when he's depressed, just like the rest of us. He can be all those things, so don't try to pinpoint him as just one thing.
At first glance, one could interpret this video as Adam's "fame isn't all it's cracked up to be" statement. Although most of the video takes place in a private apartment, Adam is always reacting to the ever-present camera that lingers, harasses and, at one point, slams the door on him. Adam's relationship with the intrusive camera runs the gamut from trying to ignore it to getting violent with it. Sometimes he wants it to be close; other times he's giving it death stares from across the room.
So what does the camera represent? Is it the point of view of his lover, upset with Adam's newfound fame and the baggage that comes along with it? Maybe. Or perhaps the camera represents his fans. Adam's relationship with his obsessive fanbase is complicated, particularly after Adam recently tweeted begging his followers for a little privacy.
A case could be made that the camera represents everyone - his fans, his lovers, even his detractors. Early in the video, Adam cradles a television remote, which could either be a wink to his reality-show past or a nod to the controversy that surrounded his American Music Awards performance. The suit that "angry artist" Adam wears later in the video looks an awful lot like the outfit he wore on the red carpet of the AMAs, just hours before he became defensive and lashed out at ABC for censoring his awards-show debut.
Lambert performed "Whataya Want From Me" (co-written by Pink and Max Martin) during his post-AMA media blitz. The song's chorus - in which he's literally asking the listener what they want from him and begs them not to give up on him - seemed all the more poignant coming from a star in the midst of a public firestorm. One can't help but think that veteran music-video director Diane Martel was at least partially inspired by Lambert's complicated situation.
In the emotional video's final moments, the camera returns to find Adam Lambert sitting up in the bed he hasn't made. He's relieved that the camera/ his lover/ his fans/ the attention of the world took the song's meaning to heart. Despite all the drama, we haven't given up on him. In fact, we're happy to get back in bed with him.

Posted on Jan 16, 2010 1:14:19 AM PST
leeskerette says:
That idiot Robin Guha is at it again, insulting his favorite target, Adam Lambert, in what is supposed to pass for a blog. This particular piece of crap is called HEIDI MONTAG, THIS YEAR'S ADAM LAMBERT. One person's comment was better than, but similar to, the one I posted after another of Guha's anti-Lambert rants. It appears that, like the cubicle, Guha gets off on provoking the ire of fans of Adam.

If you are so inclined, join the fun in telling this poor excuse of a writer how you feel at:
http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/heidi-montags-superficial-debut-this-years-adam-lambert/15025

Posted on Jan 16, 2010 5:26:56 AM PST
ForeverCliff says:
Just posted on that rag. It'll be Monday til the moderator posts anything now. Changed names from Jay to Me. There's another Jay making good comments about Adam all over Cyberspace, so I figured I'd change. They only write junk like that knowing its the only way anyone will read anything by them. They are only looking at hits to justify their existance, not quality. And Adam brings the hits.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2010 7:18:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2010 7:19:51 AM PST
M. Golden,

Interesting review of Adam's new video. Thanks for posting it.

The article does mention lots of possible scenarios. So, they don't seem to know exactly what the video is about.

Reminds me of the hit song from the Mommas and the Poppas.
"MONDAY MONDAY".
People speculate what that song was written about. It wasn't about anything !!!
They needed a song and just threw that together in a pinch.

That's been my point about songwriting and many listeners not really having any idea just what a song is really about. Often times singing the wrong words to the song as well.

I just wish they spoke about his incredible voice in the video in addition to everything else mentioned.

There are many out there that still like to criticize his voice.
For what reason, who knows?
If a major music channel like VH1 or MTV could at least comment on his amazing voice, perhaps some attitudes would change.
Since he hasn't been getting the air play that we have all been hoping for, even though that seems to be increasing, a mention of his voice in a positive light from MTV or VH1 might be a tremendous help.

Posted on Jan 16, 2010 7:35:01 AM PST
carolb57 says:
So what gets a bigger audience--a music video premiere on VH-1 every hour on the hour from 6:00 to 10:00 a.m. on a Friday or a music video premiere on the VH-1 Top 20 Countdown on a Saturday? Against my core principles regarding VH-1, I started watching the Countdown at 9:30 this morning and there have been two music video premieres. Can't remember who was the first one (wasn't paying close attention since I am on the computer) but the second one just aired by a young black girl I never heard of before, Angel Taylor. I still don't get it what is going on at VH-1. I'm too old I guess to understand the modern music industry.

Posted on Jan 16, 2010 7:36:49 AM PST
Deb says:
I also posted on that piece of crap article. (debi). As many said, he used Adam's name to lure in hits. I feel dirty.

Posted on Jan 16, 2010 7:55:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2010 7:57:39 AM PST
carolb57 says:
At least we can understand clearly the lyrics to Adam's single and music video, "Whataya Want From Me"--I defy anyone to understand the lyrics to Rihanna's new single, "Hard." I looked them up and wanted to post them here but there are too many. If you want an education about the true crap that is making the music charts these days, take a look at THESE lyrics--they make the lyrics to "For Your Entertainment" look pretty mild: http://www.metrolyrics.com/hard-lyrics-rihanna.html

Folks, I think all of the negativity towards Adam is definitely because he is gay--PERIOD!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2010 8:51:31 AM PST
Fantastic says:
Hi leeskerette,
I read Robin Guha's awful article and posted a reply. My reply is awaiting moderation. Who in the world is that Robin Gooey Haha???
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
For Your Entertainment
For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars (901)