Good for Wheatgrass Juice? I've seen mainly "manual" juicers for wheatgrass. Will this one do the job just as well or better?
asked by Enzo on January 28, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
votes
Not really, You need to place the wheatgrass in something that the blades can grab, such as lettuce, cabbage, or spinach.
Carline R. answered on January 30, 2014

A
votes
Nope, forget about anything as little as Parsley, Wheatgrass etc. . You are just going to waste the product
Marliese answered on January 9, 2013

A
votes
I use Vitamix to do my wheatgrass juice. I added half a lemon juice, ice cubes, water and some honey. Then sieve it out with a really fine sieve bag. You will see some white grass fiber in the bag. It tastes really good and refreshing.
Wen Wen answered on April 21, 2012

A
votes
You need either an all-purpose single-auger juicer, a dedicated wheatgrass juicer, or a Champion with the new greens attachment. Don't even waste your time trying to juice grasses with something like this.
MacGuffin answered on April 18, 2012

A
votes
This is a centrifugal juicer, not good for leafy greens, especially wheatgrass. I would shoot for a masticating juicer AKA wheatgrass juicer, these are a bit more expensive but they last for a long time and you get more juice so it pays for itself in the end. Here is a full list of wheatgrass juicers: http://www.homejuicing.com/shop-by-type/wheat-grass
Jusmicrus answered on March 20, 2012

A
votes
technically it can but not meant for wheatgrass and will you troubles...I recommend against it...get a manual juicer or real expensive one to do wheatgrass or get wheatgrass powder and add to your juice...or tablets...you will end up with a hassle and added expense to make yourself...unless thats your thing
The alkalizer answered on September 24, 2011

A
votes
You might try this, I haven't tried it myself yet. I read if you wrap wheat grass tightly inside of a spinach leaf (or other large leaf) and feed it through it will work. But then again I've also read it doesn't do leafy greens well. - Might be worth a try either way.
K. Hawthorne answered on April 19, 2011

A
votes
I buy small bell peppers from Walmart. They come in red, yellow and orange. I cut off the top and stuff wheat grass into the body. I then juice it with little waste.
hisblueskies answered on June 28, 2010

A
votes
I tried it. I own two Breville juicers (one I bought as a gift for my niece). I own the Ikon 900w and the Fountain Elite - 800JEXL. We tried to juice wheatgrass in both. It's not an ideal juicer for wheatgrass as it tends to fly away when you put it in the shoot even on the lowest setting. So lots wasted. However, I was able to juice some wheatgrass along with other vegatables...like red bell peppers (put the wheatgrass inside of it). But if your goal is to do just wheatgrass...I recommend you look at juicers made especially for wheatgrass. Some of them can do more than just wheatgrass. The model I purchased was an Electric Heathly Juicer by Lexen. I was able to purchase a demo model (one they used for a couple of weeks at stores to show how it works). Usually they are $150 and up. I was able to get it for under $100. The model I purchased has attachments (it's great for little berries like blueberry, rasberries, etc.; it can make pasta, baby food, soy milk and a few other things.) I had purchased this one based on a recommendation from a friend who owned a juice bar. And, it does a good job on making wheatgrass. The only downside is storing it. It's heavy and a bit larger than most countertop appliances! In hindsight, I think I should have purchased a manual Healthy Juicer by Lexen it's light weight and easier to store in my small kitchen. Hope this helps.

There are manual ones...but I'm lazy. I hear that lots of folks really like the
R. Mercedes Parker answered on June 18, 2009

A
votes
a year and a half later and no one has answered this question..??
i too am interested in knowing if this juicer can make wheatgrass juice.

anyone..??

thanks!

~karrie
Amazon Customer answered on June 13, 2009
‹ Previous   1   Next ›