5.0 out of 5 stars This is ther real deal! Spin that wheel!
Published on November 6, 2010 by Photo Geek

3.0 out of 5 stars It's "OK" but not great
Published on December 26, 2010 by Angela

5.0 out of 5 stars This is ther real deal! Spin that wheel!, November 6, 2010
This review is from: Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
My wife and I were very impressed with the graphics and the gameplay! The Pat and Vanna characters look just like the real thing (except their heads are disproportionate to their bodies, as well as the contestants' heads). You even hear Pat announce the players and the opening of each round! And you hear Charlie O'Donnell announce the prizes! (BTW, I just heard Charlie passed away today, after 28 years as WOF's announcer. My condolences go to his family!)

The game plays JUST LIKE the modern day TV show, with toss-ups, jackpot round, million-dollar space, prize puzzle, mystery wedge ($10,000/bankrupt), and even the Free Play wedge! And the bonus round is right on! If you're a Wheel of Fortune fan and own a Nintendo DS, this is the game for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Addictive, November 7, 2010
This review is from: Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I totally agree with what has been said byt those who have voiced their opinion. I have no idea why the heads were made so large but that aside it is really great fun.Watching it on Tv can sometimes be boring. Playing it like this brings a totally new dimension to it. Worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Wait!!, November 18, 2010
David R. Lorenz (Auburn, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
Ever since Nintendo came out with their DS system, I have been waiting, and hoping for Wheel Of Fortune; and, as long as the DS has been out, that's a long time. That's why I say, Wheel Of Fortune for the DS is very much worth the wait!!

Just like I envisioned it would be, you use your stylus to choose an option; SPIN, SOLVE, BUY A VOWEL. Use the stylus to spin the wheel. And use your stylus to select a consonant or vowel.

As the game begins, you create your person; face, hair, clothes, etc. And as you build up money, you can purchase outfits for your Avatar, as well as buy outfits for Pat and Vanna. During game play, you can unlock outfits for your avatar.

You can also unlock other playable locations:
Hawaii
Las Vegas
New York
Washington D.C.
Hollywood

Game play is simple. If you choose a single player game, you face two computer opponents.
Select the difficulty:
Easy
Normal
Hard
Custom (this allows you to set somputer controlled intelligence levels and keyboard response time when selecting a letter or solving)

Then you select location. You automatically start with Classic, unless you have unlocked other locations.

Beyond that, it's pretty cut and dry. On your turn, spin the wheel; select a letter; solve the puzzle.

Multi-Player
You can play with up to 3 people. The first player chooses the options for the game in the Game Setup menu. Human players are able to each use their own custom settings and character customizations by selecting different saved profile data. Once the game has started each player takes his/her turn on a single Nintendo DS, and passes it along to the next player when it is his/her turn. Other wise the game plays just like the single player experience.

Over 8,000 puzzles. Very addictive. Lots of fun!! Very much worth waiting for!!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's "OK" but not great, December 26, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
My 8-year-old son and I have been playing this for a day now and are underwhelmed. While the graphics, hosts and create an avatar feature are really cool, the play itself is a little frustrating. There doesn't seem to be a way to control the spin of the wheel - its spins at a set speed for almost a full rotation. So if you or one of the other characters get a bankrupt, you end up with an entire round of bankrupt after bankrupt after bankrupt and it gets a little boring. My son doesn't like that the others seem to guess "dumb letters" like "z" so they are no help in filling in the puzzle and just extend the endless nature of the rounds (though that does help eliminate letter). And since none of the other characters ever buy a vowel, it's even less competitive (of course in our games they have no money to do so since they are always bankrupt). So if you aren't into action and like a slow pace, this game is for you. We'll probably trade this in for something else in the next week or two. For reference, we're not big gamers - in fact BookWorm is the only other game I play.

I'm giving this three stars because it's better than doing nothing and I like that the keyboard tracks the letters guessed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheel Of Fortune Of Fortune On Ds., November 3, 2010
Trekkie Man "A-Man" (Strathroy, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
It has really cool graphics. It makes me feel like I'm a real player on the game show. I especialy like for 5 other things like. Winning the Jackpot round, Trying to the $10000 dollars on the mystery wedge, winning the special prize on the wheel, the Prize Puzzle & My absolute favourite is winning the 1 Hundred thousand dollars or the 1 million dollars in the bonus round. (I've won the 1 million dollars 4 times.) Good luck playing the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, June 21, 2011
Sundancr12 "Sundancr12" (Red Bank, new jersey, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
Plays just like the real game show. Can play classic, or earn your way around the US. I never get tired of playing the game, and it's fun to earn money and pay for different outfits for not just yourself, but Vanna's dress and Pat's woredrobe. Can't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spin That Wheel!: A Kid's Review, May 18, 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
This game is very easy to play and it is a lot of fun! It has the same avatar features as JEOPARDY! Choose from a tall head or a round head. You can also choose the hair color. Some hair colors are: Pink, Purple, and Green. Choose from different skin colors including: African-American skin, and white skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Fun!, January 25, 2011
This review is from: Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
We love playing this game with pass the Ds mode. Great for teens and adults. We love to spin the wheel!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, but would be even better with online game play, December 28, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I got this game for Christmas as I'm a big fan of wheel of fortune and this seemed like a great way to waste time while sitting in airports or during long flights and car rides. I have played Wheel of Fortune type puzzle games as part of the Touchmaster game, but that game didn't integrate any of the wheel spinning our special features that are part of the Wheel of Fortune game show.

This game does a phenomenal job of recreating the television game show experience, almost to a fault. You select an avatar for yourself and you can customize the head, face and outfit. You can also select the outfit for Pat and Vanna, although the options are limited and really this feature doesn't add much to the game. Each game is exactly like the television show - there are 2 toss up puzzles, then a prize puzzle with jackpot, another puzzle, a 3rd toss up puzzle, and a final puzzle where Pat spins the wheel once. The wheel features many of the special wedges from the television show like the $1 million dollar sandwiched between to bankrupts, the free play, wild card, prizes, and that wedge that is either $10,000 or bankrupt.

There are 8000+ puzzles so hopefully there won't be any repeated puzzles anytime soon. You can also customize the difficulty by choosing how smart the other 2 players are and how fast they will solve regular puzzles and toss ups. Although this realistic gameplay is great for those hardcore tv fans, it can make the game a little slow to play as you have to watch the computer players spin the wheel each and every time. I think the biggest negative aspect of this game is the lack of online game play capability. This game would be perfect to challenge 2 strangers from the internet, but instead you're forced to play against computer opponents or against other humans that might be in front of your DS.

I would have given this game 5 stars, but had to take away one star for the lack of online gameplay.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the FRUSTRATION!, September 2, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I'm a fan of Wheel of Fortune, and truly enjoy doing the puzzles. My family & I have played the w.o.f. ds game a total of 243 times. We have hit BANKRUPTCY 867 times. It is so frustrating. I get that bankruptcy is part of the game but this is ridiculous. The game has to be set up this way. If you are a Type A person, like me, this game just gets your blood pressure up. This is my 1st negative review I've ever done, but I really want to express how frustrating this game is. I have given the game away. Sure there is a lot of puzzles, there are many other ds games out there you could have fun with. Not this one! I apologize for the negative comments, but it is the truth!

Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS
Wheel Of Fortune - Nintendo DS by THQ (Nintendo DS)
$29.99 $10.09