Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Platform: Nintendo DS|Change

on November 6, 2010
My wife and I were very impressed with the graphics and the gameplay! The Pat and Vanna characters look just like the real thing (except their heads are disproportionate to their bodies, as well as the contestants' heads). You even hear Pat announce the players and the opening of each round! And you hear Charlie O'Donnell announce the prizes! (BTW, I just heard Charlie passed away today, after 28 years as WOF's announcer. My condolences go to his family!)

The game plays JUST LIKE the modern day TV show, with toss-ups, jackpot round, million-dollar space, prize puzzle, mystery wedge ($10,000/bankrupt), and even the Free Play wedge! And the bonus round is right on! If you're a Wheel of Fortune fan and own a Nintendo DS, this is the game for you!
on November 7, 2010
I totally agree with what has been said byt those who have voiced their opinion. I have no idea why the heads were made so large but that aside it is really great fun.Watching it on Tv can sometimes be boring. Playing it like this brings a totally new dimension to it. Worth the price.
on November 18, 2010
Ever since Nintendo came out with their DS system, I have been waiting, and hoping for Wheel Of Fortune; and, as long as the DS has been out, that's a long time. That's why I say, Wheel Of Fortune for the DS is very much worth the wait!!

Just like I envisioned it would be, you use your stylus to choose an option; SPIN, SOLVE, BUY A VOWEL. Use the stylus to spin the wheel. And use your stylus to select a consonant or vowel.

As the game begins, you create your person; face, hair, clothes, etc. And as you build up money, you can purchase outfits for your Avatar, as well as buy outfits for Pat and Vanna. During game play, you can unlock outfits for your avatar.

You can also unlock other playable locations:
Hawaii
Las Vegas
New York
Washington D.C.
Hollywood

Game play is simple. If you choose a single player game, you face two computer opponents.
Select the difficulty:
Easy
Normal
Hard
Custom (this allows you to set somputer controlled intelligence levels and keyboard response time when selecting a letter or solving)

Then you select location. You automatically start with Classic, unless you have unlocked other locations.

Beyond that, it's pretty cut and dry. On your turn, spin the wheel; select a letter; solve the puzzle.

Multi-Player
You can play with up to 3 people. The first player chooses the options for the game in the Game Setup menu. Human players are able to each use their own custom settings and character customizations by selecting different saved profile data. Once the game has started each player takes his/her turn on a single Nintendo DS, and passes it along to the next player when it is his/her turn. Other wise the game plays just like the single player experience.

Over 8,000 puzzles. Very addictive. Lots of fun!! Very much worth waiting for!!
on December 26, 2010
My 8-year-old son and I have been playing this for a day now and are underwhelmed. While the graphics, hosts and create an avatar feature are really cool, the play itself is a little frustrating. There doesn't seem to be a way to control the spin of the wheel - its spins at a set speed for almost a full rotation. So if you or one of the other characters get a bankrupt, you end up with an entire round of bankrupt after bankrupt after bankrupt and it gets a little boring. My son doesn't like that the others seem to guess "dumb letters" like "z" so they are no help in filling in the puzzle and just extend the endless nature of the rounds (though that does help eliminate letter). And since none of the other characters ever buy a vowel, it's even less competitive (of course in our games they have no money to do so since they are always bankrupt). So if you aren't into action and like a slow pace, this game is for you. We'll probably trade this in for something else in the next week or two. For reference, we're not big gamers - in fact BookWorm is the only other game I play.

I'm giving this three stars because it's better than doing nothing and I like that the keyboard tracks the letters guessed.
on May 20, 2014
It's just like the TV show. Spin, choose a letter or buy a vowel, solve the puzzle. In this game u are able to make ur own avatar & select the following....5 different locations (which have to be unlocked), 4 different difficulties....Easy, Normal, Hard or Custom (which allows you to set computer controlled intelligence levels & keyboard response time when selecting letters or solving) & the game can be played by 1 to 3 players. For those that may have complained about the game not being challenging enough it may have been b/c they haven't changed the difficulty level from "easy"! If ur a "Wheel" fan u'll really enjoy this...even if u aren't, this will still provide satisfying (& fun) game play. Caution... it can be addicting!!!
on June 30, 2016
I bought this for something to do on the plane heading out for vacation. I did not realize when I bought it that it is a 2 player game (which was great so I could play with my spouse). When you play against someone else you get the option to solve and then you give it to the 2nd player to try to solve (same puzzle). At first we did not realize that was how the game was played (didn't read the directions), but we caught on quickly. It was a little awkward the first game, but once we got the hang of it, it was fun. Liked the fact you did not need 2 games to play someone else (though if you did then you could play in real time vs having to each solve). I do like this game better on the Wii, but it is still a fun travel game.
on June 21, 2011
Plays just like the real game show. Can play classic, or earn your way around the US. I never get tired of playing the game, and it's fun to earn money and pay for different outfits for not just yourself, but Vanna's dress and Pat's woredrobe. Can't put it down.
on May 21, 2015
I have owned this games for about three years and am quite disappointed that the final round NEVER lands on the $5,000 space! I have played over 300 games at all levels, and it has never once landed on it. Also, after I buy a vowel and spin, it almost always lands on Bankrupt! Pretty frustrating when none of the other players ever buy vowels. Has anyone else had these issues? Maybe I just got a lemon...
on February 4, 2013
Mom had a handheld WOF game that she played so often, the letters wore off. We got her the Nintendo 5 years back and she loves using it with the Brain games. I knoew she missed WOF, so this was a pleasant Xmas gift surprise!
on April 25, 2012
I love playin the game. I play as I am using the eliptical machine. The time flies by!!! The graphics are not the best, but the puzzles are what they say they are. I use it for the challenge of doing puzzles so I don't care too much about the graphics. I like the challenge and going to the different cities is also nice. The Game is totally worth it!!!

See 1 answered question