5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed with the Level of Detail and Size!!!
Published on April 24, 2012 by Max Power

3.0 out of 5 stars The antenna was broken, otherwise ok.
Cool car, hard to find. The antenna was broken when I opened the box. That was a bit if a bummer. Still a really cool car.
Published 16 months ago by Castle12

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed with the Level of Detail and Size!!!, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Hot Wheels Elite Cult Classics 118 Die Cast Vehicle Ghostbusters Ecto 1 (Toy)
Received my item today and I'm lost for words on how happy I am with this product. It has exceeded my expectation and then some! To say the least, I will be buying the ECTO 1A 1/18 scale from Hotwheels when it comes out...Their product is that good. Furthermore, I'll go on and say that this is the Sideshow Collectibles of die cast vehicle models and anyone that collects knows that that is HUGE compliment!!!

The vehicle details are beyond words-it truly is an awesome replication of the on screen ECTO 1 in Ghostbusters. The vehicle is heavy and very sturdy although the windows are a bit light and flimsy so when opening the doors use the doors instead of the window frames. The paint and chrome details are some of the best of seen. The shear size is incredible, it towers over my 1/18 scale Delorean from Back to the Future as it should, after all it is an ambulance. I'm so impressed with this model that for sure I will buy their other ECTO and Knight Rider vehicle when they come out; I had no idea that Hotwheels made anything like this. Everything about the vehicle is perfect the size, paint, and the doors open nicely and not loose like on some other models. If you are a Ghostbuster fan or just a collector of model vehicles this is truly a must buy and worthy to be displayed on a shelf, desk, or curio. Now stop reading and buy this before it sells out and no longer is available-you will not be disappointed at all. Happy shopping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome blast from the past !!, January 2, 2013
Being born in 1979 predisposes one to certain tastes in life, one of the more ridiculed of which being addicted to the amazing string of blockbuster movies released in the decade of excess!

I have been a long time collector of die cast toys, GI Joe, Transformers, etc. and The Elite ECTO-1 does not disappoint!

ECTO-1 totally dwarfs my Ertl K.I.T.T. on the glass shelf below it, this sucker is 1/18 scale but remember it's a Cadillac ambulance, no standard 1/18 scale plastic case will contain it's sheer Cadillaciness.

The detail is on par or better than the best I have seen, the attention to detail in the engine bay alone is really impressive with the correct blue Cadillac valve covers and detailed battery terminals, etc.

The only slightly dissapointing thing is the lack of proton packs in the slide out gurney, which I was aware of when ordering but as far as photos show will be included with ECTO-1a which I also have on preorder and which will be rotated out with ECTO-1 when it arrives so I can display this one at I.T. company I work at full of nerds, who upon the sight of ECTO-1 will bow to me as king of the 80's raised nerd toy addicts.

I say don't even consider not buying this if you are a Ghostbusters fan, and when you do buy it, PLEASE put it on display for all to bask in it's ghostbustery glow!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecto-1, June 6, 2012
I'm more than happy and very pleased with this 1:18 scale Ecto-1. It's a beautiful and very detailed car. It's also a very nice display car to show off to your friends. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Wheels Elite Ecto 1:18 vs ERTL Ecto 1:21, March 30, 2012
There is a lot to note.
To begin with the Hot Wheels ecto is aprox 2" longer and 3/4" wider.
Detailing on both is exceptional but the Hot Wheels is an Elite edition and in the end there is really no comparison when it comes to detail and Hot Wheels Elite.
The top Rack has far more detailing on the Hot Wheels.
The Interior is also superior in detail including accessories and all opening doors.
The doors open wide to give you a good view of the equipment inside.
There are external acessories you will need to put on your self.
The car is awkwardly huge in 1:18 scale, I have struggled to find an appropriate place to display it.
It is too big for my 1:18 display case.
The intricute shape would collect too much dust left in the open.
That leads to some of the cons about this model. One is no display box, They could have took a hint from Sun Star platinum packaging, which uses formed foam packing and built in window display.
The next shocker is that there is no base.
You have to sit this model on it's wheels.
The doors are plastic and the windows are very thin and easy to pop out if you pick it up the wrong way.
Be careful not to put pressure on the windows when attaching acessories.
Like the ERTL version there are two whip antennas on the car.
Unlike ERTL they are not thick nor attached on both ends. They are extremely thin almost dental floss thin.
There is a third antenna on the car not found on the ERTL on the front fender.
There is also a license plate on the rear of the Hot Wheels Ecto where it is conspicuously missing on the ERTL.
The plastic used for the lights is brighter on the Hot Wheels whereas on the ERTL the emergency lights were very dark.
There are different versions of the Ecto license plate on the cars.
There is also extra detailing on the hood, fenders and grill of the Hot Wheels Ecto.
The ERTL version came with the accessory "slimer" Hot Wheels added a wheel cart for the inside of the Ecto instead.
Wheels on cart don't roll.
This 1:18 scale makes the 1:21 scale look like a 1:24.
Displaying both versions side by side is a eye opening experience.
The size is a consideration with the Hot Wheels but it really looks good. It is beautiful and highly detailed, any collector would be pleased with it.
Prices are perculating with this diecast model.
I expect prices to skyrocket on this Ecto as they sell out.
These are Elites limited in initial production to make them rare.
I predict prices to climb from $100 to $150 to $200 by December.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome details, May 16, 2012
Love this piece. It is expensive but ih man...was it worth it. Totally. Amazing details. I suggest you get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 3, 2014
Great detail, the recipient of this present was thrilled!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great item for Ghostbusters fans or movie enthusiasts., April 28, 2014
This is a great item. The details and quality great and I'm glad I went with the 1/18 scale rather than the 1/24 scale. I have it sitting on a shelf next to my movie collection and it looks fantastic.

A few small things: There are a few small pieces that snap into holes and are a bit too easy to accidentally knock off if the car isn't handled carefully. You should also be careful when handling it as when I was taking mine out of the box I actually popped one of the windows out by gripping it too hard on the windows (which is hard not to do when taking it out of the styrofoam). The car is actually screwed into the styrofoam underneath, which is great for shipping but makes for a bit of a headache when getting it out to set it up. Make sure you have a screwdriver ready.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghostbusters Elite Ecto-1 1/18 Hotwheels, November 13, 2013
DonsGinny (Rockledge, FL) - See all my reviews
This is just what my grandson wanted when we saw it at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Palm Beach, Florida. I couldn't afford the nearly $200 they wanted for it there, so Amazon came to the rescue (no pun intended).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Collector Car, May 13, 2013
This was a bit pricey but well worth it. I'm an adult collector and this is the centerpiece of my movie cars display. Other than those flimsy plastic windows, it is beautifully detailed and well made. You'll have to do some assembly, once you find the missing parts hiding in the styrofoam packing, but it's not difficult if you take your time and use the pictures. Yes, it's big and heavy, so what did you expect for a '59 Caddy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible detailed!, April 2, 2013
Perfect in every sense, a real must have for all ghostbusters fans around the world. Who ya gonna call? :)