5.0 out of 5 stars New way to look at prayer
Very interesting view of prayer never considered by me. I have had my doubts about prayer and if it was worth it to pray for my needs, wants, others, thanks or whatever. I have had many times when I gave up on prayer as I didn't think it was worth it. This gave me some new thoughts on praying and the results.
Published 16 months ago by Chris Yancy

3.0 out of 5 stars When GOD doesn't answer your prayers
This book offer some insight into how our prayers are answered. But what do we do with all those scriptures that tell us to ask for... and you will receive? How can we not fall into these misleading scriptures before it is too late? Many have lost faith and trust in God.
Published 18 months ago by L Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars New way to look at prayer, August 6, 2013
This review is from: When God Doesn't Answer Your Prayer: Insights to Keep You Praying with Greater Faith and Deeper Hope (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great writing., July 5, 2014
Everyone should read this book! Get answers to those questions. Great writing.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, April 5, 2014
Cindy (sacramento, ca) - See all my reviews
Goes in depth on why prayers may or may not be answered. Thorough investigation of the disappointment, sorrow and often anger that results in unanswered prayer. Thought provoking and worth discussing with others.

3.0 out of 5 stars When GOD doesn't answer your prayers, June 6, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 27, 2014
Jeff Elliott (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
Excellent, honest, not preachy. From a godly man who has lived it deeply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 8, 2014
A moving and thoughtful story!

3.0 out of 5 stars A Better Title "The Spiritual Maturing Of A Single Father", December 7, 2012
Based on a friend's glowing review of the book "When God Doesn't Answer Prayer" I went ahead and purchased it.

My first thoughts were of disappointment. Having read the first 100 pages, I was about to quit the book and throw it in the garbage. This guy just does NOT get it! He prays to God as if He is some kind of genie and if he does not get what he prayed for then he didn't get an answer to his prayer. Then he says that God changes with persistence prayer. This about pushed me over the edge and the book into the garbage bin. Nothing changes God! God is unchangeable! He is the true and only constant. I felt that this statement was like cold water was being thrown in my face. I had to put the book down for awhile.

I have heard my friend pray. She knows God and how to pray to Him. How could she recommend this book? So far this is the drivel of a child's understanding of God and how to pray to Him.

Only because of my respect for my friend, I picked the book back up and continued to read. Page 100 is the start of chapter 5 'Praying According to God's Will' and a quote from Oswald Chambers "We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties." I thought "He finally has come to his senses. And he is quoting from someone that has a solid understanding of who God is and how to pray to Him."

I did notice a change beginning to take place in his writing, but he still stumbles over a few issues. The rest of the book is a revealing read on his maturity of his understanding of God. He finally grasps what prayer is all about. Page 144 has a paragraph titled "We Pray to Glorify God' and I thought "He truly understands now". The remainder of the book is right on.

The first 100 pages or so I thought could have been deleted and he would have had a much better book on prayer. But then thinking back on it, it covers his personal tragedies and how unprepared he was spiritually to deal with it. I think the book would have been better titled "The Spiritual Maturing of a Single Father".

Personally, there are several books I feel are much better on covering the subject of prayer. Oswald Chambers has a couple and John Piper to name a couple authors that do a much better job on this subject of prayer. But they are for those that have a more mature understanding of God. So maybe this book would be better at bringing someone with a limited understanding of God and prayer to a much more mature and higher spiritual level of prayer.

Christianity is a personal relationship with God. Prayer is central to this relationship. Any way one can improve their prayer life is worth the effort. This book could be a starting book on prayer if you have not studied prayer before and don't have a much of prayer life yet. It is not the end of the line, but the starting point for those wanting to really grasp how to effectively pray with understanding.

Just my two cents worth.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book and great service, October 14, 2010
Judy Kilgore (DUFFIELD, VA, US) - See all my reviews
It was great to get the book so quickly and have it arrive in great condition! Good service!

$12.99 $11.42