Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 10, 2010
This is my first review because I enjoyed this book so much! I as well as my entire circle of friends just absolutely love this book!!!! I also recommended it to a reading group. When I talked to them I was told that they all loved the story. It is something different. It does not have you're usually love story lines that are predictable. It is something different and fresh.
Love story-- To be honest,I usually would have not have purchased this book on its title or cover. It did not look like a great love story title or cover to me. Don't judge a book by its cover. Why did I buy it? Beacause it came highly recommended to me by a friend and believe me I was not disappointed. It is fast reading and once you get into the story line you will not be able to put the book down. I could not sleep at night thinking of this story, that's how good it was!!!
The only problem with this book is-- as soon as you read it, you can't wait until your best friends read it- why?-because you are busting to talk about it. It appeals to all ages groups...It is on my best recommended love stories ever!!!! It is a good read and a great discussion book!
on April 3, 2010
This book is full of cliches and unnecessary minutiae. The writing is that of a young teenage girl. When characters are sad, we don't need to know that the corners of their mouths turn down. The male characters are entirely unbelievable with all their sensitivity sharing as college students. Young males don't talk like that. When our main character arrives in Scotland, we are forced to read about every moment in her first few days, including pages on what she ordered to eat and a full conversation between her and the waitress as to how she took her coffee. Too much detail! Who cares! The last 100 pages are excruciatingly drawn out. The only reason I finished it was because it was under discussion at my book group.
on November 27, 2004
This book is spectacular. An incredibly engaging story that keeps you glued throughout. I think most people have some part of their early life that continues to influence them into adult life. Getting a glimpse into the main character, Annie D'Inard's, life, seeing how she grapples with those early experiences and how they continue to play out decades later is just facinating. The title is meaningful on so many levels and the story possesses equal degrees of depth.

I feel so lucky to have been in the right place at the right time to be exposed to this book. I walked into a local bookstore and there was Barbara Berot doing a book signing.
on July 5, 2010
This was one of the best books I ever read and then I went on to read the sequel as well. We read this for book club- I'll be honest and say that out of the 8 women only 2 thoroughly enjoyed it- me and my daughter. The rest I felt were kind of prudish about it..(not opened minded at all) I found it adventurous and just an all around interesting story line. I sure hope Barbara is going to write another one. I am proud to say I read a great book by a great local author. Why they are not on the bestseller list is beyond me!
trish727@comcast.net from Lansdale, PA--You Go Barbara--2 of the best books ever! Waiting for #3!!
on June 12, 2005
It's June. You need a summer read. What are you waiting for to purchase and pour over Europa? Exciting, fast-paced, and haunting, this book will have you hooked!! It's racy without being trashy. It races across continents without being a travelogue. It introduces you to characters you'll care about and wish you knew in "real life." It's one of those books that you truly hate to see end. Do yourself and favor and join the Europa fan club. Everyone at the beach will be reading it.
on December 13, 2004
If you love the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon the you will love Barbara Berot's "When Europa Rode the Bull". She beautifully captures my two favorite places in the world (Bucks County & Scottland). You will fall in love with Andrew and relate to Annie. The characters are so real and you feel as if you are visiting friends when you read this engaging novel. There is not enough positive words to express this incredible book!
on August 10, 2005
I cried my eyes out on the plane ride home. If you are taking a trip anytime soon... take Europa with you. It's a book that will grab you from the first page. Berot has a true talent for weaving a story. She brings you into the lives and love of Annie and Andrew and into the heart of St. Andrews Scotland -- a place you can't wait to visit after reading this novel. I am waiting patiently for the sequel.
on August 12, 2005
I really enjoyed reading this story - it took me the first70 pages or so to get really hooked but once I was hooked I could not put it down. I experiences a gammit of emotions ranging from sad to excited to hopeful. The main charachter goes through so much and survives her mistakes = reminds me that you can endure anything with the right attitude. What an interesting twist to the ending - I can not wait for the next one!
on October 17, 2009
This book has such depth of character development, along with excellent descriptions of the settings. Both pull the reader into the story as if s/he was living it in reality. Barbara's second book takes up where this one leaves off and is just as good. Her third will be launched in October 2010, and I'm eagerly awaiting the finale to this trilogy!
on April 15, 2005
I have never been to Europe, but I have a beautiful picture of Scotland in my mind. This was without a doubt one of the best page turning novels I have ever read!! I felt everything the characters were feeling, and more. I can't wait for the sequal!!

Erica Poinsett