5.0 out of 5 stars Breath of Fresh Air
This is the first book written by Max Lucado that I've read. It's one of his earlier works. His writing style is a little different than those of most other authors whose books I've read, but it's a good kind of different. The book is written in a more conversational tone. It's kind of refreshing after reading so many books written in a formal, ridged style...
Published on October 24, 2004 by VersKing

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good pointers but lacking real focus and coherency
Did you know that God loves you? That He desires to have an intimate, deeply personal relationship with each of His children? Did you know that it is His desire for us to grow in our faith and grow more and more into the image of His Son?

These are some of the things that Max Lucado writes about in his book, When God Whispers Your Name. In usual Lucado-style,...
Published on October 12, 2011 by A. Amber

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath of Fresh Air, October 24, 2004

This book discusses how to listen and hear when God whisper's your name. The book is basically a compilation of several short stories that all lead to a centralized theme. The author tells a story and then explains how it applies to life. This style results in a great book that aides in your walk with Christ.

When God Whispers Your Name has a powerful message. This book is a breath of fresh air in a world filled with smog. It's definitely worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring And Exciting, November 23, 2005
James Gallen (St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
"When God Whispers Your Name" is an inspirational book based on Biblical stories presented in modern disguises. Max Lucado tells the modern story and then identifies the Biblical original. He does so in a way which holds the reader's interest and is never boring.

My daughter is in a challenging, Biblically based Theology course I had gone into this book in the hope of enhancing my familiarity with Bible stories in order to help her. I obtained what I wanted, and more. Lucado tells Bible stories in ways that make them memorable. I approached this book with some trepidation. As a Catholic, I expected this Protestant minister to overwhelm us with quotes and citations. There is some of that, but they never interfere with the story.

This book provides the reader with a road map to a more intense personal relationship with God. As I went through this book I found myself to be both inspired and excited. It can do the same for many Christians and others too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, August 13, 2003
This review is from: When God Whispers Your Name (Paperback)
Lucado writes in a conversational manner. His strength is in his ability to tell stories. He takes a familiar Bible passage and presents it in a fresh context. Like most writers he also has a gift for creating quotable phrases. An example is "We seldom see history in the making, and we seldom recognize heroes" (p. 33). A second example is "Faith in the future begets power in the present" (p. 44). And a third, which is an epiphany of an observation, "I challenge you to find one soul who came to God seeking grace and did not find it" (p. 53). Lucado's book leaves people feeling good about themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucado has a gift, November 7, 2004
I really enjoyed this book as well as Lucado's other writings. He has such a great gift of being able to take simple stories and make such strong and good points through them which are applicable to our lives.

In the beginning of the book Lucado wrote, "this book has been written for one purpose, to encourage." That purpose was fulfilled. I could have read this book in probably two hours because it is such easy reading. But instead I spaced it out to where I only read a few pages a day so I could ponder what he said throughout the day. I go back to previous chapters almost daily for a quick encouraging word.

There is so much Lucado says in this book that makes you sit back and smile and say, "Our God is an awesome God!" So, if you want some smiles and encouragement and many good things to ponder throughout your day, pick up this book and give it a read. I hope you will enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will inspire you, March 20, 2001
JBS "jendog37" (Richardson, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When God Whispers Your Name (Paperback)
I just finished the book today, and all I can say is wow! When I bought this book about a week and a half ago, I never thought I would enjoy it this much. I picked up this book when I was struggling to deal with some depressing times in my life, and this was God's answer to my struggles. God's love is presented right there through Max's words. He did not tell you to do anything, he simply presented what Jesus did for us on the cross in everyday terms. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is going through some hard times or anyone that wants to feel lifted up!

5.0 out of 5 stars God Seems To Whisper Through This Book, December 27, 1999
This book made me feel so wonderful and loved by the king himself - God! Lucado has a great way of expressing God's love for all people and he seems to be talking to you individually. Awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD, March 1, 2002
By A Customer
Max Lucado does it again! With this book, He portrays a picture of how much God cares for us. If you are not sure how much God loves you, definetely recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Inner Peace, December 1, 2000
This review is from: When God Whispers Your Name (Paperback)
This was the first Max Lucado book I have read and I was completely enthralled by his writing. His continual references to the scriptures and his real-life examples really made me feel like he was talking directly to me. More so, I felt like God was speaking directly to me through the pages of the book. This is a must read for all Christians, but especially for new Christians like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most amazing book I've ever read!!!, April 27, 1997
By A Customer
Max Lucado is an amazing author. I've read many of his books and I must admit that this is his best. The way he makes you laugh and cry. The feeling you feel when you have read this book is so spiritual. You feel so close to God. I read this book in two days. I couldn't put it down. Max Lucado has become my favorite christain author. I will always be his biggest fan. God loves us and Max shows us how important God is in our lives, how much we need Him. Thanks Max for showing me how much God loves me and how much I love God

5.0 out of 5 stars Another one, June 27, 2002
Amy (Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When God Whispers Your Name (Paperback)
Yet another beautifully written, spirit-filled, touching book by Max Lucado. This one is great, the very personal, very intimate touch of God that is upon each of us could be such a comforting and encouraging thing. Thanks for reminding me :)

When God Whispers Your Name
When God Whispers Your Name by Max Lucado (Paperback - June 4, 1999)
$14.99 $12.03