Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

33%
67%
Format: Audio CDChange

VINE VOICEon October 12, 2011
This is really more Erasure than we could hope for, considering the bonus disc on the deluxe edition of Tomorrow's World is loaded with remixes and bonus tracks. Let's `Break it All Down", shall we:

1. The original mix of "When I Start to Break it All Down" is a classic Erasure synth ballad with soaring vocals by Andy--I'm just surprised they wouldn't have released a more dance-oriented track as the first single. (3:34)

2. Tomorrow's World: This non-LP song, which is, ironically, the same title as the album, is CLASSIC Erasure bouncy synthpop dance--but it's INSTRUMENTAL. 4:18)

3. The Steve Smart & Westfunk Main Room Mix Edit--this takes the original ballad into total Erasure dance territory, with a heavier modern beat to bring them up to speed with the times. LOVE this mix. But it has the dreaded `edit' in the mix name, which means it's a shorter version of a longer club mix. Argh! (4:23)

4. Kris Menace Mix--this mix has a hypnotic, trancy feel, with a steady midtempo beat, pulsing bassline, and Andy's vocals mixed down. (5:24)

5. Little Loud Remix--the only way to describe this mix is whimsical synthpop. It's upbeat, but not a floor burning dance track. (4:36)
33 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2011
While at first listen, I haven't totally fallen head over heels for this album... yet. But, it is a logical next step in erasure's evolution. I can't wait to get to know these songs over the next few weeks. As always, thank you Vice and Andy for always looking ahead while not forgetting where you came from!
on November 5, 2011
At times, I find the autotune a little unnecessary, then at other times I just can't get the songs out of my mind. I have never not loved anything Erasure has released. This is not one of my faves yet but it's getting there!