Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on May 11, 2001
I enjoyed this book. It was an easy read book that gave good examples and good advice. Many times there were situations mentioned that I would have never thought would have mattered in a business environment. I learned many things on how to handle myself and appearance in a professional way. Many of the things mentioned in the book are easy to implement and take little time, others are larger. I would recommend this book to every student before entering the business work place.
0Comment42 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2008
I just finished this book while flying to Chicago to work with a client. While I think I am on top of my game from a business manners perspective, I found myself running a checklist on me and how I handle myself in certain business situations and yes I found some holes in my armor.

This is one of those books you need to have in your reference library. We all need help in handling ourselves in business situations that require that we put our best foot forward. Just remember to refer to this gem before you make a fool out of yourself and loose a very important client or worse in our highly competitive business world.
on June 8, 2008
This book gives 601 little things that you probably already do know, but I bet that if you have to stop and think about them, you will realize that you do not remember them. A very good book that reminds us of the way to do things a little better than we were doing them now, and a reminder for the other 599 things that we were doing to keep on doing. This book gives something for everyone. I am glad that I bought it, and I will read it more than once, you can be sure of that.
on October 28, 2009
This is trully well worth buying and reading! I needed this information 30 years ago. How nice to see something to help people be more successful by doing and saying "the right thing"!
on July 12, 2014
I am a communication and etiquette coach. I often purchase books just to update myself on what is being said by etiquette authors. This is a wonderful reference. Every person, particularly our young employees should read this book. Having job skills is one thing; having the social skills to keep a job is another. I read every word and have already recommended it to several people.

Janet Cherry
on June 21, 2013
I use this for students who haven't ever had the opportunity to learn about business etiquette. It's an easy and logical read.
on January 3, 2015
Gave as a gift to my nephew who just received his first managerial promotion. He has already thanked me.
on December 9, 2010
Barbara Pachter's advice covers nine major topics from improving your own professional and social interactions to dealing with work place confrontations in a polite manner. She concludes with international business issues and a list containing 20 absolutely essential tips.

I enjoyed this book very much. She writes with clear and concise number points and supports each point with details and explanations as to why. It reinforced my understanding of what I already knew and helped me identify what to do (or what not to do) in the future.
on July 5, 2013
Though many of the points really are common sense, they are presented in a way that reminds one of just how important they are especially in today's world when you must make a good impression in a very short period of time.
on January 18, 2014
The book is a must read to maximize relationships, especially professional and business relationship. The book is fun and easy to read. She includes guidance for improving how you present yourself to others