Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 2, 1999
This is the best Christmas album I've heard in a very long time! "It Must Have Been Ol' Santa Claus" is a great toe-tapper, and should become an instant classic. That's just one of many original songs on this CD, all of which are fantastic. "When My Heart Finds Christmas" really captures what is supposed to be the spirit of the season The traditional songs are great new renditions. "Ave Maria" gives me chills every time I hear it. And just hearing Harry sing "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" makes me melt! No one could sing it better. It's the most romantic rendition of the most romantic song! It's fabulous. Buy this CD, and listen to it all year 'round!
on November 25, 2008
This was Harry's first Christmas album, recorded 15 years ago. And to me, it is still the best. It's pure, it's fun and not overdone. Harry incorporates some original Christmas songs, which are simply wonderful. I feel that his more recent holiday efforts do not live up to When My Heart Finds Christmas. If you're looking for classic Harry, performing Christmas in his classic big band style, you need to purchase this album.
VINE VOICEon December 14, 2002
Indeed, it's the big band sound which is the high point of this CD. From "Sleigh Ride" on, we're treated to the orchestral and choral arrangements so prevalent during the '40's. And this works for most of the cuts, including the strong originals presented here.
However, it does fail on the two most spiritual offerings, Schubert's "Ave Maria" and "O Holy Night". The former starts with a beautiful piano accompaniment, but Harry's voice just doesn't deliver "Ave Maria" well, nor does it work on "O Holy Night".
The rest of the album is great, especially for those who appreciate the old big band sound.
on November 29, 1999
This is my favorite Christmas CD. Connick has come up with the perfect blend of traditional Christmas music and his classically hip sound. He doesn't overdo it with swing and he obviously recognizes the need for a level of reverence and solemnity in a Christmas album. His "Ave Maria" is an absolute classic. Nonetheless, some of the numbers bounce along with a great, carefree holiday spirit. My kids just love the "Santa Claus," "Sleigh Ride" and "Little Drummer Boy" numbers.
There's not a bad cut on this album. All in all, its the perfect balance for a Christmas CD.
HALL OF FAMEVINE VOICEon December 11, 2001
Great compositions by this talented musician and composer sprinkled with some fun Christmas pieces, foundationed by some wonderful Spritual songs along with traditional Carols.
The title song along with "The Blessed Dawn of Christmas Day" and "I Pray on Christmas" are his works and are marvelous in their words and performace.
On the lighter side, "It Must've Been Ol'Santa Claus" and "Parade of the Wooden Soldiers" are such fun!
Traditional offerings of Rudolph, Sleigh Ride and O Holy Night are well done and very pleasing to enjoy.
His final track of "What Are You During New Year's Eve" is so great, a Sinatra like voice but smoother. His piano on "Ave Maria" is so delicate and majestic, what a talent!
Buy this one for some variety in your holiday sounds!
on December 15, 2002
...as my husband has limited me to playing this between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This a truly wonderful Christmas album, as well as just being a great Harry Connick, Jr. cd.
There is a delightful mix of serious and silly songs, jazzy piano pieces and rollicking traditional songs and gospel-inspired songs and inspirational classics.
My favorites include It Must've Been Ol' Santa Claus, which tends to lead to dancing around the living room, O Holy Night which is heart-breakingly beautiful, the Little Drummer Boy (one of the only versions of this song that I really like), and What Are You Doing New Year's Eve, a wistful song which is the perfect ending to the cd. There really isn't a bad song on this CD.
If you like Harry Connick Jr, you will love this cd. And buy the soundtrack to When Harry Met Sally, which also contains a lot of holiday songs.
i remember a few years back seeing Harry on the David Letterman show performing "It must have been 'Ol Santa Claus". It was a jazzy fun new christmas song. I immediately went out and bought the CD the next day. "When my Heart finds Christmas" is a collection of 14 songs that has become one of my favorites.

The songs range from the foot-tapping, big band sounds of "Sleigh Ride", "Let it Snow", and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" to the smooth croonings of the title track, "Ave Maria" and "What are you Doing New Year's Eve". There's even a very catchy gospel-like song called "I Pray On Christmas".

Conniick's Orchestra is in top form as he captures the spirit and feel fo the old 40's big band era in this great collection, and Harry's voice was never smoother.

This really is one of the best Christmas CDs to come out in years and better, I think than "Harry for the Holidays", Connicks second Christmas CD.
on November 28, 2004
It is often said that Harry Connick Jr.'s greatest strength is his versatility. And on no other of his CDs does that come across. This album is especially careful to point out the variety of styles Connick and his piano and an voice can support. From the big band smash swing cut of "Sleigh Ride" to the stirring piano solo in "Ave Maria", to the rolling Stride of "I Pray On Christmas," the variety is endless.

To make the package better, the CD has almost unlimited replayability. Connick arranged each of these in a completely unique way-- I have yet to see any other versions which are as individual as these. Because of this, the CD is an instant classic--It's hard to replace the X-mas masters like Crosby, Perry Como, and Mannheim Steamroller, but this comes as close as any.

This CD's so good, you really do wish it was December 12 months of the year!
on January 15, 2000
I purchased this CD sort of on a whim. I was only familiar with HC jr's work in WHEN HARRY MET SALLY. The first time I listened to this CD I knew it would become one of my favorite holiday CDs. I love every song on it. My favorites are two of the ones HC wrote, Track 2, the title song, and track 3 the lively and fun SANTA CLAUS(IT MUST HAVE BEEN OL'), the latter had my 6yr. old dancing and singing to it. Also, Harry won over my husband, who is very cynical about any music I buy. I caught him sneaking the CD to play at his Christmas party at work! It's hard not to love it! Wish the radio stations would give more airplay to some of these during the holiday season. They would become instant classics, and give us a break from some of the overplayed holiday tunes. My next CD will be one of Harry's. It's just too bad I've been neglecting him for so long!
on November 3, 2003
This cd never leaves the cd player during Christmastime. The adults love it, the kids love it. It has a good mix of slower songs and quicker ones that we dance around to. I can listen to the cd, or it plays well as background music during a party. Excellent mix of classic songs and original music.