Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: When Night Falls
Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick

on October 31, 2009
This is quite possibly the worst book I have ever read. I have read short stories by high school students that were far superior to this. If this were a 10th grade writing assignment, I'd give it a "B". There is no plot development, no mystery, no originality. Even the title has been used several times. I cannot imagine a publisher ever accepting this novella for publication. The story is shallow and the dialogue is downright comical in most places. Does anybody really talk like this??

My only comfort is that I downloaded it free on Kindle so I'm only out an hour or so of time. I'm not sure, though, that I'll ever recover from some of the sappy dialogue in this book.
66 comments|407 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2009
free? yes. worth it? no.
This book seems like the kind of book they would pass out in a church youth group. It has no development, a mediocre plot, and odd religious undertones that seem out of place. look at who the publisher is and it makes sense.
0Comment|248 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2009
Feels rushed, more of a short story than a novel. No character development at all. Free but not even worth the time.
0Comment|187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2009
I think odd would be a good word for it. Stilted, short, practically plotless, random christian parts (not through the whole thing, but pieces thrown in like an after thought), and absolute lack of any reason for the conclusion other than the author got bored.
on November 16, 2009
I am an avid reader and love that the Kindle gives me free peeks at writers and series this way. But I have to say that this book compared to all the others that Amazon has gotten me hooked on has fallen very short of it's mark. The short story was very unimaginable and the characters were undeveloped as well as the background for all the characters. I have nothing against a story about people finding their way back to God, but this story seemed to insert it out of no where. Kind of like they wrote the story and then went back and added the sentence "lost their way with God" wherever it would fit. I am in the habit of recommending books and series in particular when I read a good one and so far I have recommended quite a few that I have read from here and this will not be one of them. Do not waste your time. I would find another book.
on May 5, 2010
This is one of the cheesiest books I have ever read. It takes place over the course of two days, yet the main characters create this whirlwind romance like they've known each other for years. The plot line is ridiculous, incomplete and very lacking in creativity. The main character is portrayed as this damzel in distress (a phrase the book actually uses) and despite being well-educated, still feels like she needs a man around to protect her.

And don't get me started on the lame Christian references...if you're going to write a book with religious undertones, do it! Don't half-ass it like this book did, trying to diguise the message of the Lord under an unrealistic, easily-solved, every-is-happy in the end storyline.
on April 14, 2010
You do not find out until the end that it is an EXCERPT from a book, not the entire book. I was then left wondering what happened and what is missing? Very disappointing since I was expecting a whole book and have yet to find the book that it came from. At this point I have no interest in finding the rest of the story. Not a big fan of christian FBI mysteries either, not a good combination. I want to hear about the crime going on, not how these two idiots are so nice. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

It should be clearly stated that it is an excerpt from a book and not an antire book!
on May 13, 2010
This book actually started out fairly well. I was momentarily tricked into thinking I was reading a thriller and then somewhere in the middle it appeared that the author was making sure the readers got their daily dose of religion. After that this book tanks. It's almost as though the author just gave up. I'm glad this was a free book, I won't feel guilty about deleting it.
on November 1, 2009
This little offering is free, so certainly it's not overpriced. The sense I have after reading it is that it's an OK little pass-the-time story for a 20-minute wait in the doctor's office or similar. Daley could have taken both the characters and the time to develop the story further. It had some decent suspense in it, but the writing level was rather adolescent. Both the beginning and the the ending were ragged and choppy. The ending came very suddenly, giving me the impression that Margaret decided one day to write a book, that she spent all day writing, but when her mother called out, "Margie... time for supper!" she decided she didn't want to write any more, so she quickly came up with an ending for the story then hightailed it off to the supper table.
Even though I felt that the Christian tidbits tossed in were a bit stilted, I for one am glad there are writers who realize that a great book does not need expletives, graphic sex, or other material that is offensive to some readers in order to be a best seller. Daley can write "really clean" -- it remains to be seen whether she can write "really well."
on March 20, 2011
Sorry, being an author myself I try to give others the benefit of the doubt...I can't here. The story bouces around--almost seems like whole sentences or phrases are missing. There is no ending...but there really isn't any beginning or middle either. Best thing about it--it was free!

Philip Nork