Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 8, 2012
I was at Barnes and Noble looking for self help books and I was looking for a bench to sit on. Every bench was taken except for the bench in from of the magazine rack. What the hell right? Go sit down and start "sampling" the contents of what I picked. As I was skimming through the books I happened to look at the stack of magazines and books that people leave behind when they're done reading. There it was, laying on top of a magazine, this book that slapped me in the face.
Upon looking at the table of contents, it was or was not coincidence that I was looking for something around the topic addressed in the book. I flipped through the pages and read a couple of paragraphs and I knew I had to get this book. Why?

IT MAKES SENSE.

The root of our insecurities and fears are from our childhood. Don't get me wrong the book does not bash on parents because if we go back a little further, they were children once and their insecurities and fears were rooted somewhere around that time.
What this book did for me was slap me in my face to wake me up from my insecurities and fears. It addressed the root of our insecurities as the six life themes. It's like a movie of your life, and the root of your fear has a theme. You can probably guess what they are because they are pretty common. I'll give out the first two and they are rejection and abandonment.

The author points out in short what it looks like, how it makes us feel when we are in it, and why does it occur repeatedly and we have no idea why. That was me. Wondering all the time what the hell was wrong with me and why I can't seem to get off this "cycle". The book is not just a reading book, it contains exercises that are practical and makes sense. It's not a thick book so it's a fast read but if you are going to read, absorb it. You want to know how to fix those fears, do the exercises. This goes for me and this is my experience, the way this book presents the root of our fear and insecurities to me was clear as day. The book did not make me loathe and hate my parents or my family for my fears, instead it gave me a new perspective as to why it occurred. It is much more complicated than what I have believed all these years but the book made it simple enough to understand the issue that took me to the perspective that it is much more complicated than me thinking my family are a bunch of douche bags and I hate them. Nope. This book gave light and constructed a different path of thinking for me.
I hope when you read it you get something positive out of this book. I know I did.
on March 18, 2013
She has crystal clear thinking, a loving disposition, and a fantastic mental role model. I am a counselor and have taken her perspective in counseling others many times. For people heading towards divorce, I highly recommend her book, "Coming Apart".
on December 14, 2015
Loved this book! I enjoyed the exercises as they really shed a lot of light on why I made the decisions that I did. I feel like it allowed me the freedom to break from old thought patterns, and to look at my situation with new eyes.
on August 11, 2013
I thought it was a good book for the situation I was looking for myself. Speaking out and making choices was an important part of the book and learning to love yourself. It is to accomplish on behalf of yourself totally responsibility. It about opening the door to warmth, intimacy and love in all our other relationships.
on July 24, 2014
the best book to really understand what self love is about...
on August 7, 2014
This is a fantastic read! Very well thought and communicated. The writer encourages you to look deep within to see where issues may have developed, and then built on throughout our lives. She also asks thought provoking questions to apply and assist us in overcoming.
on April 25, 2014
This book was great to read and hit home in a lot of chapters. Defiantly recommend reading to any one.
on April 6, 2016
Quite basic and redundant information......no really helpful tools to apply to ones life.
on February 9, 2016
Very insightful book specially when it comes to how to deal with low self-esteem.
on March 30, 2016
Very helpful, and easy read filled with great advice on the path to self-love