Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 5, 2010 10:16:25 PM PDT
duke4711 says:
We already know that there are not many people buying the existing release because it is not the extended edition. Why would anyone buy these separate discs?!?!?!? It is STILL not the extended edition! Just how stupid do the bureaucrats at Warner think we are? It's bad enough they wanted us to buy the existing release, and then double-dip when the extended editions come out. Now they want us to triple-dip? This is completely ridiculous! Just release the extended editions and be done with it already!

Posted on Jul 24, 2010 7:23:34 PM PDT
Pretty unreal, I know. This and the other two will probably be the worst selling single blu-ray releases of the year. Unfortunately that's the only thing that gets the studios' attention, they obviously have no perspective of the consumers' viewpoint in this matter.

Posted on Aug 3, 2010 12:37:12 AM PDT
John D. says:
I think they're just mixed up. Matrix sold well in single-disc release because the second and third in the series were terrible flicks -- I only bought the first on Blu-Ray. Having seen subpar sales on the LOTR trilogy, maybe they figure one at a time will get folks buying.

I concur with you guys, what it'll take is the extended editions. :)

Anyone else unimpressed by Amazon sneaking in the old DVD comments for this release rather than exposing the unfavorable reception the Blu-Ray trilogy actually got here? ;)

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 9:54:35 PM PDT
XBOB says:
+1. Listen up studio. People are using the internet to help you - release the extended versions and then we'll buy. Breaking up the theatrical set is just another disappointment. I'm holding out with the other fans.

Posted on Sep 12, 2010 1:55:23 PM PDT
pitman9 says:
I agree. I was excited to see the trilogy out on blu-ray and disappointed to discover it was the theatrical release. Just found out the singles were coming out and damn if they aren't theatrical too. I'm more than willing to part with the green, but only for the extended versions.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2010 3:27:04 PM PDT
Kahren says:
There are very few movies that have deleted scenes worth watching. This trilogy had one of the best, if not THE BEST, added (deleted) scenes EVER. They made already excellent movies even better. Buying a regular, non-extended, release of this set is just doing yourself disfavor.
Like many, many others, I will be waiting for the Extended Blu-ray release of this set.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2010 2:54:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2010 2:58:38 AM PST
Sam I am says:
Because people ARE BUYING these releases, and will buy the extended editions AS WELL. It's not ridiculous, it's supply and demand. Studios make films TO MAKE PROFITS, pure and simple. No other reason whatsoever to make a film.

If you owned a studio and had stockholders to deal with, you too would double/triple dip as well. Or, you would not have a job for long.

Good things come to those who wait. I couldn't pass up the $7.99 blu-ray "black Friday week" purchase of these theatrical films. I am sure to sell them and get the extended version when they come out, or a little later.

And to answer your question: Studios will learn when it matters to their bottom line (cash) like always.

Posted on Nov 25, 2010 3:09:44 AM PST
M. narula says:
well its avaliable at tarrrget for 8 bucks all three

Posted on Nov 25, 2010 7:02:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2010 7:03:34 AM PST
tjm01572 says:
even though i want the extended editions as well i ponied up $20 for all 3 single editions, as cheap as they are right now, why not? even knowing i will rebuy later

would not have even thought about it at full price, but with the black friday price drop, cant pass it up

just my opinion, had it not been for the reduction i agree with you 110%

Posted on Nov 25, 2010 9:45:56 PM PST
C. B. Wagner says:
Because most people don't care about the extended. And once they find out they will buy again you obviously don't own a business do you?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2011 12:25:09 AM PST
I don't agree. Most people have either read the books & really WANT the extended, or once they saw the movies, it inspired them to read the books, so then they ALSO want the extended. I think that it was a HUGE mis-step. There is absolutely no way I'm buying the theatrical version on Blu Ray. I also advise everyone I know not to buy them, but to wait for the extended version, as they are much better & explain the story much better. What a waste of money to get the theatrical version!

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:06:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 7:08:01 AM PDT
JNagarya says:
Some film watchers like the opportunity to compare editions -- in this instance theatrical and extended. Indeed, I'm not certain the double-dipping of putting out "extended" and "director's cut"s are worth it. It's like buying a reissue of a novel with a chapter or two added by the author so he can sell the same thing a second time.

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 5:04:20 PM PST
I don't think it's a waste to get the theatrical version -- to me, that IS the movie. The extended edition is just a consumer-oriented ploy to sell DVDs.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jul 5, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions