Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: When Washington Crossed the Delaware
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 13, 2009
Beautiful artwork. Definitely the kind of book where an adult will need to sit and read it alongside the child. The more the child has a natural interest in history, the more they will enjoy this book.
on January 6, 2014
This has become a beloved book for the home-schooled grandchildren in my family, who are avid readers & becoming such history buffs, and their Mother-teacher learns more & more along w/them.
on December 17, 2013
BOUGHT FOR CHRISTMAS, WANTED TO PASS ON SOME REAL HISTORY TO OUR
NEPHEWS, NEVER KNOW WHAT'S BEING TAUGHT IN THE SCHOOLS ANYMORE BESIDES
SOCIAL LIBERALISM. THANKS AMAZON.
on May 19, 2014
This book tells about Washington in the most well known and important fight in the revolution. For my grandkids in Boston, it could be an overnight trip to see where it happened.
on June 28, 2014
We gave it to our grandson who had gone to Washington DC with his parents over spring break. He is very interested in history and our founding fathers, Presidents and travel.
on August 18, 2013
Lynn Cheney is one of the best thinkers and ultimate patriots. She has written a series of beautiful books for young people.
on April 12, 2014
I love this book. Beautifully written and the illustrations are beautiful. I love American history and want to pass the stories of our history on to my grandchildren.
on January 5, 2012
My 6 year old son loves this book & I enjoy reading it to him. It is both entertaining and informative. I'll be purchasing another for his elementary school library. Every child should read this book.
on June 2, 2009
I purchased this book to read to my granddaughter's 1st grade class, having taken her mom 26 years ago to see Washington's Crossing Pa. on Christmas morning to see the reenactment of the crossing. I go there each week to read a story to the class and in April their school program featured all patriotic songs. The story covered Washington's retreat across the Delaware, the crossing and Battle of Trenton, and the subsequent Battle of Princeton, as well as ending with a one page tribute to the patriots. The children stayed with me through every page and asked several good questions, though the book was perhaps better targeted for 3rd or 4th graders. I would recommend it for anyone trying to pass on to youngsters an appreciation of this important chapter in our history and the sacrifice of our forefathers.
on December 8, 2013
Definitely worth having. Easy reading. Tells the story of what really happened without all the PC of today. A great history lesson.