Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 30, 2012
When You Wish Upon a Star by Ned Washington, Leigh Harline and Eric Puybaret is a beautiful illustrated book of the classic song.

The book is filled with beautiful illustrations featuring multicultural children from all over the world and my class enjoyed seeing kids who looked like them in the illustrations. The song is included on a CD sung by Judy Collins and although the song is beautifully performed it was a bit classical for my students who said that they would rather that I sang them the song instead of playing the CD (and normally they're excited to hear CD's because they hear me sing every day).

This is a book that can be enjoyed by kids of all ages in a classroom format and kids 4-8 who are reading independently.
on May 27, 2014
Unfortunately the version of the cd sold with the book does not match the wording in the story book exactly. As a side note, this book is used in the Let's Play Music sound beginnings curriculum and the Gold Stars Cd purchased with this curriculum has the perfect version that follows the book pages exactly. We love using it at bed time.
on March 16, 2016
Magnificent book! All three songs are beautifully performed, illustrations are amazing - great book to instill in your child sense of beauty and develop imagination. My three years old daughter loves this book very much, so am I!
on February 12, 2013
This lovely book is one your grandchild will keep forever and includes a CD with Judy Collins' haunting voice. Great gift idea!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 16, 2011
This book (with CD enclosed) is follow-up to the "Over The Rainbow" collaboration from singer Collins and Illustrator Eric Puybaret. The song is of course from Disney's "Pinocchio" and won the Oscar for best song in 1940. (Surprisingly, the film is never mentioned in the book or the fly leaf.). The illustrator makes the "wish" one of world peace and the illustrations show an international array of clothing.

The CD inserted in the back has Collins recording of "When you wish...." Plus two other performances, recorded exclusively for this book. The first - "The Other Side of My World" was written by Collins. The second "All My Pretty Little Horses" - despite it being credited as a song "that Judy Collins wrote" on the flyleaf - is (as correctly noted in the credits of the book) a traditional song. Collins recorded a version of this song in 1990. But this version is still beautiful.

I do wish that the publishers had included the lyrics to "The Other Side...." In the back, so that parents - as well as their children - could follow along.

This book one that children are sure to enjoy and maybe introduce them to Collins' five decades or more of recordings.

Steve Ramm
"Anything Phonographic"
on March 17, 2015
Bought this book for my grandson when he was 18 months old. He loved it and it became a nightly favorite. The colors and simple story, really a song, are very appealing. He is now 2 years old and still enjoys this book. Bought a second copy for my other grandchild.
on March 2, 2013
Bought to play a few pieces when I got married to my wonderful wife. She enjoys Disney and I wanted something to play at our wedding. Hard to find piece of music at a reasonable price.
on January 17, 2013
I have always loved this song. This book is a beautiful way to express the song through words and captivating pictures. The CD is a nice touch as well.
on November 6, 2011
This book and cd have my music students requesting it again and again! They love Judy Collins voice and the illustrations are awesome!
on March 6, 2012
I got the book as a gift. I know that the child will enjoy reading it. The book is very colorful and it's really a beautiful book.