Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing

on May 22, 2008
Losing a spouse is never in your life plan. But when death happens, it's good to have a book that explains what needs to be done and the emotions surrounding the experience.

This book walked me through the day to day issues that needed to be done. The pain of losing a spouse and the 101 details and emotions that surround the death makes it hard to sort through the stuff. This book helped me.
on January 18, 2009
The author whilst well meaning and educated is fixated on the same old type of grief work that has been available for years. There is nothing new or interesting; Kubler-Ross covered this tired old patch of ground and everyone takes her approach as gospel including these authors. I am dealing with the imminent death of my second spouse from lung cancer, the previous one died from breast cancer I hoped that this book would have helped it did not, it just filled in the time doing laundry. There are other far more imaginative ways to deal with grief and each person needs to find the courage to decide what they need regardless of the so called "proper ways."
Save your cash and buy a cup of coffee it will do you more good.
on May 25, 2013
Highly recommend to all those who are struggling with the death of a spouse. Very practical advice in all chapters.
on September 6, 2013
I bought this book to share with clients whose spouse passed away. Overall it is not a bad book, but you can find the exact same information online. There were also many, many typos, which makes the book look very unprofessional. The main problem that I have with this book is that it was OBVIOUS that either Dr. Seiden or Dr. Bilett had a terrible experience with a lawyer/accountant/financial advisor. Their distaste of these professions are made very clear, and I feel hurts those of us who are honest, hard-working, and genuinely care about our clients. I will not be sharing this book!
on July 21, 2014