Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Kids Halloween

When does it ship for Release-Date Delivery?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 73 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2009 9:46:00 AM PST
S. Roeland says:
So, I purchased MW2 from Amazon with Release-Date Delivery...

Does anyone know when the game should actually leave their facility and be on its way? I have never used Release-Date Delivery before and was just curious. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2009 11:03:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2009 11:05:08 AM PST
J. Mejia says:
The last time i used it was for Batman:AA, the game ships the night before(Nov 9)If i recall amazon still has the option to choose RDD up untill 4pm pst(give or take an hour... i forgot)the day before. It was my first time using RDD and unlucky for me i didnt receive it on release date because it made a wrong turn somewhere in the shipping process and was delayed by a day. But amazon is great and ill give it another shot with CODMW2. It did seem odd to me though that the game ships out the night before from Delaware and is supposed to be in my hands the next day when i live in Southern Cali. I believe the first tracking update was around 1am est.

Posted on Nov 5, 2009 11:06:51 AM PST
A. you says:
i used it for ODST and it ships late the night before(like 10pmEST), i was a bit worried that i wouldnt get it the next day but when i got home from work at 5:30 it was there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2009 1:25:42 PM PST
S. Roeland says:
Since you got the game late, did you get a refund of your shipping cost or anything? That would by lousy if you paid extra to get it on release day, didn't get it when you were supposed to, and got nothing for the effort.

Posted on Nov 5, 2009 4:11:40 PM PST
Cory says:
I ordered it using Release Date Delivery also. I hope it gets here on Tuesday :)

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 1:38:47 AM PST
Mario M says:
Ive Used Release Date Delivery many times before n I always have gotten the games the day they came out

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 2:06:12 AM PST
I used RDD for a game and it came to me a day late, amazon sent me an email letting me know it wasn't on time and refunded my shipping asap.

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 5:56:21 AM PST
Fred Roach says:
All you can do is wait and hope that it gets to you on time, remember its not only amazon it is also the carrier weather and mechanical delays can slow the shipment and could be a day late.

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 9:39:46 AM PST
M. Lopez says:
Who do they ship by? Is it UPS, Fedex or just regular mail? I'm only going to be gone for like an hour on Tuesday and knowing my luck it is going to come during that time.

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 9:46:21 AM PST
J. Mejia says:
They Ship Ups for me not sure about everyone else. Does anyone know if Ups will leave the game on the doorstep because i most likely wont be home tuesday morning? Or Do they require a signature, anyone with experience

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 10:41:26 AM PST
I think im gonna cancel my order and go to walmart to get the game at midnight. just my luck the game would get here the day after releaese. this way i'll have it at 12 midnight the morning of release...

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 10:54:31 AM PST
A. you says:
they ship it ups and in my experience nothing ive gotten from amazon has required my signature for delivery. That includes the release date delivery i got for ODST.

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 11:43:36 AM PST
Fred Roach says:
UPS usually leaves my stuff between my screen door and my house door or in a drop box I have set up for packages they know where the key to the drop box is and is excellent about making things work. So call them and tell them you wont be home and tell them where to put it

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 5:47:48 PM PST
S. Roeland says:
I wish I could go to Walmart, but the nearest one to me is not a 24-hour they will not be able to sell the game at that time.

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 6:06:57 PM PST
Fred Roach says:
Uh the Walmart here isnt a 24hour and it will be open for midnight launch, maybe you should call them

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2009 6:50:19 PM PST
S. Roeland says:
Nice...I'll look into that.

Posted on Nov 7, 2009 4:07:09 PM PST
Gamestop is selling it now. Why can't Amazon at least ship it on Monday?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2009 6:37:12 PM PST
S. Roeland says:
From what it sounds like, Amazon will be shipping it late Monday.

Posted on Nov 7, 2009 11:35:35 PM PST
M. Lopez says:
I hope it comes early in the day rather than later, i'm thinking I should have just got it at wal-mart now :/

Posted on Nov 7, 2009 11:55:38 PM PST
Ryan Bohm says:
I was worried when I hadn't received shipping confirmation yet...glad to hear the positive feedback though that people do get their stuff on time. I don't get home til about 9pm on Tuesday, so delivery time is not an issue....but Tuesday is gonna be one long day!!!

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 8:00:43 AM PST
Im from El Salvador and actually some stores alredy have the game here i think i will cancel it and go look for it, if i dont find it i will order it again.

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 9:27:32 AM PST
Fred Roach says:
@Ryan Bohm dude Tuesday is not coming quick enough man I cannot wait for this game

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 11:21:45 AM PST
u can't wait 2 more days? and u don't care about the $20 credit? i got plenty of stuff to occupy me for 2 days..

Posted on Nov 9, 2009 9:26:16 AM PST
S. Roeland says:
Shipping status has changed...Not Yet Shipped to Shipping Soon!

Posted on Nov 9, 2009 10:16:40 AM PST
Just Shipped!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  36
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 10, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about