Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
When the hell is this camera going to ship? Nobody seems to have any firm idea - not a good representation for Leica.
asked by Aphonic on January 8, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
You are very right. It is not good for Leica brand...Either Leica doesn't care about its customers or there must be something wrong with its development/manufacturing...
mr. jc answered on January 8, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The changed plants from what I can gather, which put a kink in getting out x1, m9 and s2's. Some European people are getting orders (trickling) - I'd guess amazon will be able to begin shipping at the end of feb beginning of march. I called Leica USA and they said 6 weeks - that was about a week ago. They also suggested there would be no benefit in canceling with amazon and buying from a local shop. "Amazon are as likely to get them as anyone else" which begs the question though - how many preorders does amazon have on this thing?
Aphonic answered on January 28, 2010

A
Ok we are almost in march and nothing about shipping dates! I read that the dealay was due to a firmware fix to solve auto-focus issues (Too slow!). I was thinking in buy a Nikon d5000 with the wide-angle DX format 35mm f1.8 and save a $1000.00 dollars. I think with this solution I can have the same image quality in a much bigger, but cheapper, gear. And is in Stock!

Not a good representation for Leica. I am changing my mind about this brand.
R. D. Guariento answered on February 23, 2010

A
Wait for the sigma's that were just announced at PMA... they look like they fit the bill - fixing previous issues.. google dp2s. As far as the X1 - I cancelled. I'd rather have a 7d for less money honestly. Leica killed my desire with all the flipping delays.
Aphonic answered on February 23, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product