When will the pre-order ship?
asked by Lewis G. Holloman on October 22, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 34 answers
A
Update Oct 29: order placed Oct 21, delivery November 2

UPDATE OCT 26: Several stores are now backordered into December, clearly google failed this product launch. Best bet is to check your local best buy.

UPDATE OCT 24: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!category-topic/chromebook-central/discuss-chrome-os/e8ImDB8L8pk Information about availability to retailers (from google)

I just asked Amazon via live chat, and they don't know. They have not received any Chromebooks yet.They said it could be a week or it could be more (or less). Essentially what the page says, but they confirmed that Google did not give them a set release date (which is really annoying)
I believe that Google rushed the announcement (before availability) so they would get at least some press before the apple/windows week (This week)
Michael Perez answered on October 22, 2012
Comments (6) | 21 of 22 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
TigerDirect is not being truthful. Beware. Their website says "usually ships in 2-4 days". In actuality, it is on backorder status. Sales agent says they "hope" to have them in "soon". I advised that their website is misleading but he stuck to his guns that its not, due to the word "usually".
Bryan M. Weiss answered on October 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Bestbuy's system says they should have gotten them the 21st. Today the 25th they have still not gotten any in.
i Braren answered on October 25, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I pre ordered on 10/18. Delivery date of 10/31/12
treasuries answered on October 25, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Whoa. I just went to upgrade to overnight shipping and it shows estimated delivery as end of Nov to early Dec. May have to find a different source and not use prime. I'm going to check it again Sunday. Hate to pay for shipping somewhere else.
Anonymouse Amazon Customer answered on October 25, 2012
Comments (4) | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I ordered mine on Oct 19th and now have an estimated Delivery date of Nov 6th.
Hillz - VA answered on October 30, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I ordered mine on TigerDirect. Site said it'd ship in ~2 days but no such luck. When the invoice email came it said it was on backorder. Chat rep tells me they're supposed to start shipping between 11/9 & 11/17
Dorothy of Oz answered on November 8, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I placed an order on the 24th, just got notice from Amazon that it's shipped out today. Guess the wait won't be so long
Sean Paeth answered on October 31, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I pre-ordered on Amazon Oct 19, still nothing; placed another order with Tiger Direct on Oct 24 which shipped yesterday, 2 day delivery will arrive tomorrow. Tiger Direct beat their delivery promise (at checkout) by about 3 days, first time Amazon has had such a poor performance for me.
Ronald Clark answered on October 30, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I stopped by a SF Bay Area "Best Buy" this PM and asked about this Chromebook. No stock, but they said they have 7 of them coming; they don't have a date, and won't hold one for a person. Those 7 will likely be gone in the first day or few hours. I wonder what a "typical" AMZN shipment is like in numbers? There clearly is a supply problem.
VisualOne answered on October 29, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product