Customer Discussions > Revolver (Mixes) forum

When will the US version of this maxi-single be released?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 21, 2010 11:41:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2010 11:42:33 AM PST
akchan67 says:
It was announced on madonna.com that the Revolver mixes will be released on CD in US as well as UK, but there has been no info on amazon.com for the US release, other than the MP3 of the mixes.

Posted on Jan 22, 2010 8:27:07 PM PST
iPod Fan 3 says:
Right now it says it will be released on February 2nd.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2010 11:22:11 AM PST
akchan67 says:
For the US version??

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2010 1:08:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2010 1:39:44 PM PST
Jake Wallace says:
I would assume this is actually the US version, this same thing happened on Amazon when the "Miles Away" Maxi was released, they listed it as an "Import" for months, despite it being the domestic version.

Posted on Jan 29, 2010 10:49:17 AM PST
akchan67 says:
Ok, but the domestic version usually retails for $7.49, not for $10.98...

Posted on Feb 2, 2010 5:53:23 AM PST
Dogville says:
looks like an import...

WBR must have realised its folly to release this so they halted production...

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 12:57:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 3, 2010 12:59:58 AM PST
Sean K. says:
According to the WB official site store, the Revolver Maxi CD will be released on Feb. 16 with the usual price of $7.49. I guess it was pushed back a few weeks.

http://store.warnerbrosrecordsstore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=1961994&sid=B41BD7E8B9D4487A9D9DDE5797E10C21

I'm guessing Amazon will put up a separate order page soon.

Posted on Feb 5, 2010 7:26:49 PM PST
Dogville says:
buy it as a keepsake... not so crazy about madonna's recent endeavors after confessions

Posted on Feb 10, 2010 8:56:52 PM PST
Mike Penn says:
The single was supposed to come out in January, then it got postponed to February 2, 2009 when I ordered it and now it got postponed until the 16th... This is why I am disappointed with Warner. They wait too long to release her singles. I think Madonna's singles started declining when "Ray of Light" came out in 1998. For some reason she would release a song for example "Nothing Really Matters" was released in late January, with the video in early February. The Maxi Single did not come out until April and the single barely charted the top 100 on Billboard peaking at a miserably 93 I think. I believe if Warner would have released them as she put the songs out they would have made a lot more money for Madonna. 2 examples "American Pie" and "Beautiful Stranger"... 2000 for American Pie and 1999 for Beautiful Stranger respectively no single was released, but an import. They charted because of the huge radio play, but didn't make the top 10. Warner just disappointed me by doing this. I have been collecting her singles since 1989 with "Like A Prayer" and now I understand why she left them. I love "Celebration", but they could have done a lot better with it. For example, with "The Immaculate Collection" and "GHV2" a small biography was written about Madonna's career. Warner did not even do this on this CD!

Good News, Madonna is currently doing a new studio record to be released in late 2010 or early 2011 and she said that she will release the Maxi's when they come out to radio so maybe she will start having more top 10 hits on Billboard! There was no reason why "Revolver" should not have been released back in late December or early January. Oh well, Warner lost its top employee!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2010 8:00:07 PM PST
Mad Fan says:
Thank the lord she is leaving Warners, those whom refused to release Impressive Instant as a single, delayed the US release of Dont Tell Me, rejected her ideas of working with Massive Attack and Aphex twin on American Life, pushed her to a backseat position on Hard Candy and INSISTED JT and Timberlake write and produce it (she wanted the Pet Shop Boys and Stuart Price), withdrew the Miles Away video and refused the release of the fan made Celebration video and scrapped a physical release of Revolver plus its video... dont get me started on her live tours which failed to materialise on DVD!!!!!! Warners are rubbish, its all about the money with them, they hate her risk taking but love the money she rakes in and it compromises her obvious artistic integrity, im so pleased she is departing them.

Posted on Mar 11, 2010 3:24:34 AM PST
Dogville says:
And this isn't the US version. It's some Argentinian import. I just received it in the mailbox. Such a lazy freaking job... that the US WBR didnt bother to print some.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Revolver (Mixes) forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jan 21, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Revolver (Mixes)
Revolver (Mixes) by Madonna (Audio CD - 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (30)