Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 6, 2006 11:28:42 AM PDT
K. Mazanec says:
anyone know when this book will *finally* be coming out?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2006 7:28:56 AM PDT
Kurt Stein says:
I was at B&N last night to try and pick a copy up and they told me that its release date was June 2007. I hope that I don't have to wait that long.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2006 10:17:47 AM PDT
response today from Hofstadter:
"Hello, and thanks for your interest. Writing this book was more complicated than I thought it would be -- a typical example of Hofstadter's Law ("It always takes longer than you think it will take, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law."). I have essentially finished the text now, but there remain a number of other things to take care of (illustrations, notes, index, etc.). You can count on it appearing in early 2007. That keeps this one consistent with all my former books, which appeared in odd-numbered years -- a curious coincidence. Best wishes -- Douglas Hofstadter."

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2006 3:01:30 PM PDT
Evan Moore says:
amazon says March 7, 2007. so much for this being my summer reading this year....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2007 7:17:30 PM PST
Dan T. Davis says:
Still not out yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2007 4:10:27 PM PST
Today it says March 5. I am so glad that I have just now learned about this with only a month+ to go.

GEB was a life-changing experience for me; it made me really weird. ;) But rather than fading away, it keeps coming back to me in unexpected ways. So much has happened in complexity science since GEB. I've really wanted to see what Hofstadter would bring to it. I'm really excited to see this book coming...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  I Am a Strange Loop forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 6, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 28, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
I Am a Strange Loop
I Am a Strange Loop by Douglas R. Hofstadter (Hardcover - March 26, 2007)
3.6 out of 5 stars (153)