5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for baby and parents!
Published on October 9, 2001 by marared

This book is completely misleading. The entire plot revolves around finding Baby's belly button; the title makes this much clear from the beginning. However, there is no mystery. There is no twist. Baby's belly button is right where it's suppose to be, on Baby's stomach. Right where it clearly SHOWS you it is on the COVER OF THE BOOK.

This plot is a complete...
Published on April 19, 2012 by PacMan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for baby and parents!, October 9, 2001
marared (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where Is Baby's Belly Button? A Lift-the-Flap Book (Board book)
This is a nice sturdy book with colorful drawings of babies with some part of their body hidden. Each page asks, "Where is baby's ...?" Toddlers delight in lifting the flaps to find the hidden pictures. The pictures are bright and cute with eye-catching fabric and wallpaper patterns. A very attractive book, and perfect for that stage when toddlers become fascinated with their belly buttons! My 17 month old has really enjoyed this book. It can be very helpful in getting kids to name body parts, and it's fun for both the baby and the parents to read. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for your baby's first library!, April 7, 2003
Both of my children (now 18 months and 3) learned many body parts from this book, which encourages children to lift the flaps and search for babies' hands (under the bubbles!), toes, and even belly buttons. The illustrations are colorful and simple, which is very engaging for a 12-18 month old. I also love the focus on learning spatial relations (behind, under, etc.), and the great fine-motor skill practice that comes from lifting these oversized flaps. The flaps are as sturdy as most, but they will eventually separate from the book, o keep your wide scotch tape handy!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 10-month-old lights up when he sees this book!!, September 4, 2001
My son loves all books. The only time he will sit still is when I read to him. The rest of the time, he is on the move (even when he's eating). When I got him this book, he absolutely lit up! I had never seen a book elicit the kind of joy and amazement that this book does. So, it is defintely the favorite one in our house. I've read it to him hundreds of times, but he still giggles when I lift the first flap to expose Baby's eyes. He bends down to kiss every baby on every page. (Some of the pages are starting to stick together from all his wet kisses!) Some of the flaps are wearing down a bit from his uncoordinated hands trying to lift the flaps. But, I won't mind spending the extra $$ for a new one if I need to. The look on his face when I read him this book gets me every time!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant "Melt Down" Preventer, October 11, 2004
Thomas Allen (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
First of all, I have NEVER reviewed a children's book, let alone a board book. However, I cannot let this one go unrecognized. My daughter received this from an aunt as a baby gift and I started reading it to her at 4 months. She loved the bright colors and would lay next to me transfixed as we looked at it over-and-over again. She is now 8 months old and LOVES IT EVEN MORE!!! It goes with us on EVERY road trip and let me tell you, when she gets tired of sitting in her car seat, all I have to do is show her the book and her fussy face turns into intant smiles and "babble" and kicking legs become motionless! I am NOT exaggerating. My daughter especially loves the "Where's baby's eyes" page and giggles every time I lift the flap. The book has also become a favorite chew toy now that she's beginning to sprout teeth. I'm ordering the authors other books today so that we have a complete set. From a structure standpoint, the pages are very sturdy and the flaps are very secure. I recommend it to any parent looking to spark their child's interest in books. It certainly beats plopping them down in front of the television to watch Baby Einstein videos (which, by the way, my daughter HATES), but I'll leave my dislike for these for another review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Illustrations, but..., August 15, 2003
By A Customer
I bought this book because it came highly recommemnded and was one of AZ's best sellers. The only suggestion I have is that be careful giving this book to a toddler to look at themselves. Since the book has flaps that reveal "Where things are" they are easily ripped out. My daughter is 11 months old and I thought this would the perfect introduction to books. This may be considered a little young but she absolutely LOVES books and likes turning pages. That is why we opt for board books in the very beginning because the pages can be easily turned and are more durable than regular childrens'[paper] books. My only warning is if you do buy this book and your child likes to tear/pull things, beware. Or just wait until they are older and know not to. Otherwise, you are in for alot of ripped flaps.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT buy this book, you can SEE the ending right on the cover!, April 19, 2012

This plot is a complete mess as a result of it's reliance on the mystery of where the belly button is; everything falls apart the second you realize that the belly button was in plain sight all along. There is no conflict, there is no character development, and there is scarcely any plot. Whoever wrote this book must have a serious error in judgement, because you would have to be an infant to not immediately understand where Baby's belly button is. This is one of the worst pieces of literature I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy this book with your baby!, September 16, 2000
Jane A, Elmore (Rochester, Il United States) - See all my reviews
This a wonderful first book to enjoy with your baby. It is in beautiful bright colors and it's small size is easy for you and baby to handle.
It asks a series of questions of "Where is baby's ..., and when you and your baby lift the flap there is the belly button, or nose or whatever. The baby in the pictures always looks so happy that your baby will laugh and laugh.
This is sturdy book that can withstand lots of handling, and if your baby chews on the book it will just look a little the worse for wear, but won't be harmed.
This is a great book!

4.0 out of 5 stars A little worse for wear, June 28, 2001
D. Walter (Brook Park, OH USA) - See all my reviews
We couldn't wait to get this book. My 18 month old son has this fascination with his belly button! The book itself is sturdy with big flaps and bright colors that my son loved to lift. He knows where on the body the eyes, mouth, etc., are already. This book shows under and behind things and reinforces what he knows. When reading him this book he liked to point to the parts mentioned on himself and me. Although the book itself is sturdy, the flaps are not attached that way. My son pulled some of them off when I left him playing with it on his own. Little ones might pull them off if not watched when they play with the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 16 month old's favorite, January 18, 2003
This is a WONDERFUL book. It satisfies my daughter's great love for peek a boo and naming and searching for different body parts. No matter how many times we read this book, she always acts "surprised" to see what is underneath the flap and finds great fun in searching for her own belly button or hands (or whatever the page says). The flaps are sturdy and have withstood my "toddler's terror" even after reading this book over...and over...and over... You and your little one will love this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book to Teach the Names of Parts of the Body, April 5, 2003
Maximillian Ben Hanan (Sacramento, California, USA) - See all my reviews
"Where Is Baby's Belly Button? A Lift-the-Flap Book" - by Karen Katz.
As an ESL and newcomers classroom teacher (A newcomers classroom is for children who have been in country for less than a year, speak English as a second language and such classrooms use scaffolded methods of teaching in hopes of being able to transition these children to a mainstream classroom), I often have to be innovative in how to teach primary and intermediate children basic language skills that mainstream children of their own grade level would consider "baby" lessons.
Books like this one are a God-send. I can drill this book a few times a week at the beginning of the school year and within a few weeks, all of my students have the parts of the body from this book down pat. My older children (intermediates - 4th to 6th grade) at first objected to the book, but then they started having fun and forgot about the book being a "baby" book.
The book itself is a series of flap pages with big bright easy-to-read text. After one reads the text, they can flip up the flap and reveal the part of the body being taught on the page. It is constructed of cardboard and heavy card stock. The simple language phrases such as "Where is baby's belly button?" are easy for children to memorize and use. The bright colorful illustrations serve to bring out the text and allow easy recognition of the parts of the body.
I highly recommend this book for infants, younger ESL (English as a Second Language) learners, and younger children in general.
Review by: Maximillian Ben Hanan

Where Is Baby's Belly Button? A Lift-the-Flap Book
Where Is Baby's Belly Button? A Lift-the-Flap Book by Karen Katz (Board book - September 1, 2000)
$5.99