4.0 out of 5 stars Flap books are very engaging for toddlers
Published on March 26, 2008 by S. Bolanos

3.0 out of 5 stars 5*'s for the book But What Gives Amazon?
Published on March 26, 2012 by S. Marquart

4.0 out of 5 stars Flap books are very engaging for toddlers, March 26, 2008
This review is from: Where Are Baby's Easter Eggs?: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Karen Katz Lift-the-Flap Books) (Board book)
Karen Katz is whiz when it comes to entertaining babies and toddlers. The writing is short and simple enough for a child to follow, my 16 month old daughther loves to lift the flap (which is sturdy and has lasted through several toddler attacks) and discover whatever we are looking for and while I read the short text she doesn't have to wait too long and can easliy understand it. The shiny and colorful pictures keep her interest and she learns new vocabulary as we look for easter eggs and point at what we find. I have several of Katz's books and they are an excellent way at teaching body parts and new words. I recommend these lift the flap books for any toddler.

3.0 out of 5 stars 5*'s for the book But What Gives Amazon?, March 26, 2012
S. Marquart (Carpinteria, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The book is great and the kids love it even my five and six year old. I buy at least 80% of what i need through Amazon. I did a lot of comparison shopping and very rarely found things at a lower price. This is especially true if you are a Prime member. What is throwing me is that Amazon, on more than one occasion, is selling their books for more than the book's retail price listed on the back cover. Check it out for yourself! Now I'm worried about my other purchases. This is not the first book I have seen that they have done this with. I have sent them an email on some of the others but did not receive a reply. I decided the consumer should at least know this before deciding to buy books through Amazon. I gave the book a 3star rating because it is wonderful and some of you might not mind paying an extra $1.00 or 20% for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, July 19, 2011
I got this for my grandson for this past Easter but he was too young to understand it or open the flaps. Just recently he has been looking at it and can now open the flaps. He tore one of them off, but I taped it back. The book is well made, but he is at the age where he likes to take things apart and usually manages to do so. He loves this book, and its the first one he picks up out of many.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit by Karen Katz!, March 15, 2010
My daughter is 9 months old and just got this book from her Grandma in anticipation of Easter. She loves it, just like she loves all of the Karen Katz "Where Is/Are Baby's ____?" lift-the-flap books. She also loves the Karen Katz touch and feel books, but not as much as the lift-the-flaps. (Incidentally, she's not that into "Counting Kisses", which is neither touch/feel or lift-flap, but maybe she will be when she understands counting better.) We've been making it sort of a holiday tradition that she gets a Karen Katz book for each corresponding holiday (Xmas, Valentine's, Easter ...), and it's so much fun!

2.0 out of 5 stars Confused, April 1, 2012
I am confused, I am not sure whether all the pages were supposed to have glittery pictures or just some of them. I am disappointed because the pictures under the flaps have the appearance of fotocopies of the actual glittery pictures. There is only sparkle on the cover and the last page. Do I just a defective book or is that how it's meant to be? It is such a shame because the book would have been really cute.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!, April 18, 2011
This book is cute in a very basic way; however, I have to say, I was very disappointed with the lack of detail. The cover of this book is very deceptive... The ornate eggs lead me to believe that the book would be filled with shinny and glittery objects. Unfortunately, the only sparkle is on the cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for everyone, April 20, 2008
Lisa T. (Woodstock, GA USA) - See all my reviews
We love all Karen Katz books! My daughter has me read them over and over, and even though she is almost 4, she still enjoys them. She also "reads" them to me, and she thinks it is hilarious when I pretend not to know what is behind all the flaps. We have a book for every occasion!

5.0 out of 5 stars They're pretty cute and he still picks it to read at ..., July 12, 2014
Sarah M. Brower (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My son loves "flap" books and we have several by this same author. They're pretty cute and he still picks it to read at bedtime at 4.5 sometimes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 5, 2014
Thank u love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Karen Katz, June 17, 2014
Both my girls love Karen Katz books. They are perfect for babies and toddlers to get them engaged and interested in reading. Though you will definitely find yourself trying to repair the little flaps more and more as your baby grows into a very strong toddler.

$7.99 $7.19