Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on March 26, 2012
The book is great and the kids love it even my five and six year old. I buy at least 80% of what i need through Amazon. I did a lot of comparison shopping and very rarely found things at a lower price. This is especially true if you are a Prime member. What is throwing me is that Amazon, on more than one occasion, is selling their books for more than the book's retail price listed on the back cover. Check it out for yourself! Now I'm worried about my other purchases. This is not the first book I have seen that they have done this with. I have sent them an email on some of the others but did not receive a reply. I decided the consumer should at least know this before deciding to buy books through Amazon. I gave the book a 3star rating because it is wonderful and some of you might not mind paying an extra $1.00 or 20% for it.
33 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2008
Karen Katz is whiz when it comes to entertaining babies and toddlers. The writing is short and simple enough for a child to follow, my 16 month old daughther loves to lift the flap (which is sturdy and has lasted through several toddler attacks) and discover whatever we are looking for and while I read the short text she doesn't have to wait too long and can easliy understand it. The shiny and colorful pictures keep her interest and she learns new vocabulary as we look for easter eggs and point at what we find. I have several of Katz's books and they are an excellent way at teaching body parts and new words. I recommend these lift the flap books for any toddler.
on July 19, 2011
I got this for my grandson for this past Easter but he was too young to understand it or open the flaps. Just recently he has been looking at it and can now open the flaps. He tore one of them off, but I taped it back. The book is well made, but he is at the age where he likes to take things apart and usually manages to do so. He loves this book, and its the first one he picks up out of many.
on March 15, 2010
My daughter is 9 months old and just got this book from her Grandma in anticipation of Easter. She loves it, just like she loves all of the Karen Katz "Where Is/Are Baby's ____?" lift-the-flap books. She also loves the Karen Katz touch and feel books, but not as much as the lift-the-flaps. (Incidentally, she's not that into "Counting Kisses", which is neither touch/feel or lift-flap, but maybe she will be when she understands counting better.) We've been making it sort of a holiday tradition that she gets a Karen Katz book for each corresponding holiday (Xmas, Valentine's, Easter ...), and it's so much fun!
on April 1, 2012
I am confused, I am not sure whether all the pages were supposed to have glittery pictures or just some of them. I am disappointed because the pictures under the flaps have the appearance of fotocopies of the actual glittery pictures. There is only sparkle on the cover and the last page. Do I just a defective book or is that how it's meant to be? It is such a shame because the book would have been really cute.
on April 17, 2013
I purchased this book for my 2 year old great-niece. I think she will have fun looking for baby's Easter eggs. The illustrations are bright and colorful. My only concern is if the flaps are sturdy enough to withstand alot of lifting and pulling. I guess time will tell. This is my first Karen Katz book purchase. I plan to purchase a different Karen Katz book for my granddaughter.
on March 23, 2016
My daughter is obsessed with "Where is Baby's Belly Button", also by Karen Katz. I just know she will love this book we bought for her Easter basket. The drawings are cute and the colors are super bright. I know she'll enjoy this one just as much as the other. Definitely worth picking up!
on May 7, 2014
I have noticed that all of the "Where Are Baby's" series have downgraded in the past few years. They used to be touch/feel pictures under each flap, but now they are only flat 1D pictures. I wish they would start making them more sensory friendly. We used to love these books, but now they aren't so special.
on March 22, 2016
Cute book! We love all the Katz books! Just a heads up to others ordering this book, make sure you're selecting a "NEW" book. I must have selected a used version because the one I got was in horrible condition. The story itself is the typical story with flaps and a cute little baby searching for something.
on April 5, 2015
I ordered this as an Easter gift for my 9 month old niece. The book is very colorful and easy for little hands to turn the pages and lift the flaps. I gave one less star because there wasn't much to the story. Other Karen Katz books have more of a plot and rhyme a little better as well.