5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone Can Benefit From This!, January 11, 2011
This review is from: Where Do Broken Hearts Go?: Healing and Hope After Abortion (Paperback)
I just finished reading a powerful book written by Jane Abbate about how to gain healing and hope after the choice and experience of an abortion. The format for the book allows for anyone to benefit from the lessons learned because each chapter is an attempt to address some very specific and universal emotions (fear, confusion, numbness, regret).

But Jane takes the risk of sharing her own story through the fabric of these emotions.

She very openly discusses the background behind her choices to have several abortions and then goes on to explain how these choices devastated her life and relationships. She manages to do this without condemnation or compromise.

This issue is such personal and politically charged issue that it would be very easy to offend. But this book is not about politics. It's about a personal journey of pain and how God can restore by His grace. Each chapter provides insights into the emotions that go with making painful life choices. But it doesn't stop there.

Each chapter then outlines a path to process these emotions both healthily and Biblically. At the conclusion of each chapter there is some type of reflection exercise or application step to help work the truth of God's Word into the soul of someone struggling with pain (specifically the pain that goes along with the choice of abortion).

I would highly recommend this book for anyone who has had an abortion or knows someone who has. I would also recommend this book to anyone who is walking through a painful experience. It has tremendous cross-over value and personal application.

5.0 out of 5 stars A question that deserves an answer!, December 15, 2010
Jane is not hesitant in going to the core of the soul to answer the question, "Where do broken hearts go?" THE QUESTION everyone asks at sometime during heartbreak and despair. The question is timeless! The book is not overwhelming for someone in the grief process but written in a practical self-study guide. The book was written for interaction and response. Healing comes one step at a time and one process at a time! She uses great metaphors and word pictures to bring truth right the heart of everyday living.

Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing Book, December 7, 2010
Although I know the author of this book, I am not writing a five-star review because I know Jane, but because the book deserves it. This book needs to be read by anyone who has had an abortion or anyone who knows someone who has. I have not had an abortion but I know women who have and I am now much more aware of how profoundly it affected their whole being. Truly, I had no idea of the depth of the ongoing pain and implications for one's entire life.

The book completely holds your interest. Jane is an excellent writer, and each chapter tells the reader about specific emotions and feelings that one is likely to experience as well as how to deal with them. Many of those emotions surprised me. The exercises at the end of each chapter are thoughtfully written and will bring about changes in many lives.

I fervently hope that anyone who is considering an abortion, or has had an abortion, or knows someone who has, will read this life-changing book. I also hope that churches or groups involved in abortion counseling will learn of this book. It needs to be read by many.

5.0 out of 5 stars WRITTEN FROM THE HEART OF ONE WHO 'GETS IT' TO THE BROKEN HEART OF ONE WHO'S BEEN THERE., January 21, 2012
This book is written in such a way that, even after reading other books on the subject of healing after abortion, brings a deeper level of understanding to the many emotions tied with abortion. I, myself, have gone through the Forgiven and Set Free program as well as attending a Rachel's Vineyard Retreat, both that have brought great levels of healing for my own journey. 'Where Do Broken Hearts Go' is another great resource to bringing understanding, heavily focusing on the emotional 'traumas' many experience after abortion. Jane has been there and really gets it as shown thoughout her book. She articulates each emotion, tying each to personal experience which clearly helps one to better understand each emotion, an important step needed for healing. She's very real about it. Until we come to recognize the 'underlying' issues surrounding our abortion(s), we cannot begin to heal in those areas. Throughout the book, I found myself thinking, 'Yeah, that's what I felt.' 'This woman really gets it.' 'I'm not alone.' She helps to put words to some of what was experienced/felt.

One significant difference that I see between WDBHG and FSF is that FSF is much deeper biblically and requires more 'homework' so to speak, than WDBHG. Depending on where you are spiritually, one resource may be a better fit than the other to start with. However, I personally recommend reading both due to each having a different primary focus. Both acknowledge that true healing can only come through Jesus Christ.

This book is written in such a way as to easily be used in a group setting. May I suggest that anyone considering reading this book, take it to the next level by doing so with others. I will soon be using this book in group settings for women in my church. I, along with many others I've spoken with agree that opening yourself to group study has potential for a greater depth of healing.

So to sum this up - I highly recommend this book for anyone desiring healing after abortion as well as for those who want to better understand and/or lovingly support those who are grieving theirs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The bottom line is that unresolved emotion results in dysfunction, January 9, 2011
I am thankful for this rich masterpiece of truth and compassion for those who are hurting from an abortion experience or know someone who is. I am one of those hurting women and this book has really helped me to see clearly how all of the emotions I experienced did in fact surface in many dysfunctional ways in my life. I am relieved to know that I am not alone in the battle of these feelings. Each chapter covers a bite size nugget of a specific emotion that I can chew on a little bit at a time and process as I am ready to do so. The scripture verses at the end of each chapter have provided an encouraging anchor of His truth to help me through my healing journey. Jane's beautiful, heartfelt and transparent prayers have enabled me to just be real with God and grow in my relationship with Him. Where Do Broken Hearts Go? is a true blessing!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope for broken hearts, November 26, 2010
Jane Abbate's profoundly stirring book is a must read for all those who have broken and hurting hearts. Jane's honest and compelling testimony of her own story weaved in with reflections, scriptures and creative exercises will lead others in the path of healing, restoration, and transformation.Congratulations, Jane! This book is a winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book written by amazing, spirit filled woman, October 22, 2010
This book will fulfill its title in full, that is, to offer healing and hope for those who are suffering post abortion. Congratulations on this accomplishment Jane! Please read if you are hurting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, February 7, 2014
Where Do Broken Heart Go is a wonderful book with a biblical message that God loves you and forgives you. It examines the guilt and shame that occurs whether consciously or unconsciously post abortion. This book is about forgiveness. Forgiving yourself and the never ending forgiveness of God. Post abortion guilt and shame manifest itself in many ways. Where Do Broken Hearts Go is a story of God's love. The author gives an account of her own personal experiences. It's a very good book for women who feel post abortion emotional pain. Biblical support is interspersed through out the book. Helpful exercises that challenge your beliefs are found in this book. Well written, this book is a must read on a very personal subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, May 24, 2013
This book is excellent. It was recommended to me to begin the healing process. I love how easy it is to shop on Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by a Counselor, November 15, 2012
Very thoughtful, candid, and helpful. For anyone who has suffered from having had an abortion, or knows someone who does.

Where Do Broken Hearts Go?: Healing and Hope After Abortion
Where Do Broken Hearts Go?: Healing and Hope After Abortion by Jane Abbate (Paperback - September 24, 2010)
$14.95 $13.46