5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Nostalgia
I just got my copy in the mail today after a short delay of the release. I watched this series as child when it was still airing on FOX in the mid 90's and the show is still just as good as I remembered it. The show is very kid friendly and has a bit of an educational theme. Now let's get to the specs of this DVD.

Approx Runtime: 14hrs and 20 min
Aspect...
Published on February 27, 2012 by MoonLiteStar88

3.0 out of 5 stars Certainly better than most children's cartoons.
I enjoyed this as much as possible for a 66 year old man watching something for his 9 year old grandchild.
Published 10 months ago by LARRY BAINTER

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Nostalgia, February 27, 2012
This review is from: Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego? - The Complete Series (DVD)

Approx Runtime: 14hrs and 20 min
Aspect Ratio: 4:3/1:33:1
All 40 episodes on 4 DVD's

The image quality is a bit of a disappointment since they crammed 10 episodes per DVD as well as some bonus features. That said, when I play this on my computer, my DVD fan will run very high because so much space was used on the DVD's. In my opinion, it would've been a lot better if they released this on Blu-Ray. As we all know, Blu-Ray DVD's can hold a lot more space than regular DVD's. Personally, I gladly would have forked over $50 for the complete set (as long as it's in airdate order and uncut) on Blu-Ray either that or they should have put them on more DVD's but I suppose this release will do for now.

The packaging is pretty piss poor. The DVD's come in 4 paper sleeves and a single DVD case. Whoever thought that was a great idea to hold DVD's that way should be fired. This puts the DVD's at risk for scratching and plenty of finger prints. Whatever happened to the days when companies released complete series in actual box sets or thinpak releases?

Episode Guide

29. Follow My Footprints
30. Curses, Foiled Again

Disc 4:
31. Just Like Old Times
32. The Unsinkable Carmen Sandiego (Retribution Part I)
33. In Memoriam (Retribution Part II)
34. Maelstrom's Revenge (Retribution Part III)
35. The Trial of Carmen Sandiego
36. Trick or Treat
37. Timing is Everything
38. Cupid Sandiego
39. Can You Ever Go Home Again? Part I
40 [END]. Can You Ever Go Home Again? Part II

Unfortunately, this is not in the original airdate order. Is it really that hard to put all the episodes in the correct airdate order? I know I'm just nitpicking but I want to watch the series the same way as it was airing in the 90's. On the plus side, the openings and endings are included on every episode. Overall, this is a decent release and worth picking up for the nostalgia. Hopefully one day, another company will give the series a proper release in the future.

5 stars for the series 1 star for the release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carmen Will Steal Your Heart....Again, September 1, 2012
If you happen to be a child of the 1990's, you probably watched "Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?" on Fox Saturday Mornings or Fox/ABC Family.

A fun fact is this show came into creation from the Children's Television Act that wanted more educational programming for kids. The entire series run is included on these four discs and to be fair, almost all of them are in pretty good condition. (Only true issue is with the audio for "By A Whisker" but is minor at best)

The show stars ACME detectives Zach and Ivy as they tail Carmen Sandiego across the world attempting to catch her. There are plenty of twists and turns along the way including Carmen teaming up with them to foil criminals not as classy as herself.

Plenty of talented voice actors adorn this series including Scott Menville as Zac, Rodger Bumpass as "The Chief", Jennifer Hale as Ivy, and the timeless Rita Moreno as Carmen Sandiego. It is one of those series that stands the test of time and while giving you a history lesson, it doesn't throw it in your face.

My only issue is that the series was sadly cancelled before its time and never truly had the ending that it deserved. The best part of the entire deal here on Amazon is that you get nearly 15 hours of video for less than $10 dollars and since it is the entire series run, that can't be under sold. You can find most of the episodes on the Internet but no one truly has the full run of episodes.

What are you waiting for, "Buy it now!"

4.0 out of 5 stars An Old Classic, October 2, 2013
As a homeschooler, Im always trying to find something my daughters can watch while I finish cleaning the kitchens breakfast catastrophe. This oldy but a goody is a great find for those that want something old school, clean, and educational. I used to have the game but I cant find it so I'll have to purchase it again when they get old enough! Enjoy these wholesome shows...they dont make them like this anymore!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Educational, December 24, 2012
Amy (Wailuku, HI, US) - See all my reviews
My six year old and my four year old love the video. It is not only fun but educational so I do not feel so bad about them watching it for more than 30 minutes. Each episode gives a good lead into discussions into history and geography.

4.0 out of 5 stars Carmen Sandiego's Still the Best Ever., June 18, 2013
This show is as good as I remember it, and, being that I grew up on the original computer games, the game shows, and this cartoon, that's amazing to have as much fun and joy as an adult as I did when I was a child. Full of fun facts, edge of your seat action, and family values, it is something that all parents can watch with their children of any age, and have no regrets, or worries, about, whatsoever. I highly recommend it to any and all that like good family shows, and good, fun, action packed shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids that love history and geography., April 2, 2013
My kids love this series. My kids are 9,7, and 5 and they all find something that sparks their intrest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good series, August 15, 2013
Love they are learning geography of the world. My son (7) seems more interested in the "gadgets" they use but is spouting off facts about the world too - just not as often as the "stuff". My daughter love the story part and catching Carmen. She's more into the locations. Good Series. They've even asked to play the board game my younger sister left at my parents house from her childhood.
The packaging is lacking. The DVD's come in little what I think of as CD paper sleeves. Not great in a car trip across the country as things in the back seat don't always get put back where they belong. At the house it's only been an issue a few times. I tend to keep an eye out to see if it's left out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kid approved, September 15, 2013
My kids enjoy watching this series while taking long car rides. They don't even realize they are learning at the same time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Edutainment Done Right, April 25, 2013
Where On Earth Is Carmen Sandiego is a cartoon that ran on Saturday mornings from 1994 to 1999. Based on the popular Carmen Sandiego games, each episode has the titular thief committing grandiose crimes as Acme detectives and siblings Ivy and Zach track her down and try capturing the former Acme detective. All the while they occasionally receive help from other detectives and support from Acme chief, appropriately named Chief (who is voiced by the same voice actor that voices Spongebob's Squidward and also looks like a certain Real Ghostbuster...)

As someone who grew up watching the cartoon, it was great to finally get the chance to own it on DVD. The packaging itself I'm not entirely crazy about, as another reviewer also mentioned. The case itself looks great and then when you open it, the actual DVDs are stacked upon each other in cheap paper sleeves. For less than $5, not counting shipping, I suppose you can't expect a whole a lot, but it still would have been nice to have them packaged slightly better. I remember the show Archie's Weird Mysteries, also put out by the same company (which I reviewed last year), was given the same treatment. It's not a big gripe, but nonetheless...

The show itself is still very enjoyable. Not only still entertaining in its own right, but it also has its educational value as well, which is great for young kids. As I said about David the Gnome, the the ability to balance the entertainment and educational aspects seems to have been lost on people responsible for these shows. You have shows like this and David the Gnome and then you look at some shows of a similar nature and it's very noticeable. Such shows now have become "let's shove it down kids and treat them like idiots' throats!" But I digress.

I think the show has aged very well.

Bottom line is if you were a fan, the show is still worth a buy, especially with its current pricing.

4.0 out of 5 stars worth it, December 15, 2012
My 11 yr. old daughter has learned a lot of geography from this series. She watched episode after episode until she watched all of them.

Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego? - The Complete Series