4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad independent film
When we made this film some twenty years ago, we thought it would be released within a year or two. We finally get to see the finished product. Not as good as a big budget film, but, for a little, almost no budget production, it was pretty good. I got to see myself before I had any grey hair and had more lines than I remembered.

The film itself was three...
Published on September 14, 2012 by Dave

3.0 out of 5 stars Different
Looking to find horror movies I have not watched before. Not quite what I thought but was okay in its own way.
Published 23 months ago by tomtbird

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad independent film, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Where Evil Lives (DVD)

The film itself was three separate horror stories as told by Claude Akins, all connected to this old mansion in Florida. When you see it, judge each one separately because there are definite performance differences. But you have to take into account the actors, for the most part, were true newbies. That fact alone adds a facet of interest.

There are the required blood and gore scenes as well as some skin for the "Did you see that?!?" effect.

I believe this is worth the the cost to own. Especially if you like seeing how a creative filmaker can make due with a low budget and an inexperienced cast. With today's technology, a lot more filmakers are putting together films. They would do well to pay attention to the resources available to even beginning movie enthusiasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where Evil Lives, June 26, 2012
Stephen A. Maier (Pompano Beach, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where Evil Lives (DVD)
Finally a 80s horror film that is not a retro but the real suff! Glad to see this finally released thru Troma.This movie has all the makings of a 80s cult horror film.1st it has Veteran actor Claude Akins who is well known to have made many B horror films in the 1980s.2nd itfs shot on 16mm film which gives us that distinct look of the 1980s.3rd it has plenty of 80s camp and sleazy sex.4th it was shot in Florida were most of H.G. Lewis films were shot,and 5th you have 3 stories to choose from.If you want the real thing,then this is the film to own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where Evil Lives, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Where Evil Lives (DVD)
This movie has the makings of a cult classic, buy it if you like campy movies. They did a great job with the special effects and makeup.

3.0 out of 5 stars Different, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Where Evil Lives (DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Basically, they did not have enough money to make this movie., May 19, 2013
This review is from: Where Evil Lives (DVD)
It was so poorly funded it doesn't even look like a movie. Claude Akins is a long way from Rio Bravo in this disastorous failure. He's only in it for a few minutes but the mystery is why he would be involved at all. Troma is perfectly capable of making entertaining movies but this has nothing going for it at all. Don't buy this.

Where Evil Lives
Where Evil Lives by Kevin G. Nunan (DVD - 2012)
$14.95
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.