Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now STEM

on March 25, 2010
As I read the book, it caught my attention the whole time, the book was full of short stories of his life. It was to nice read a book about a man that has tried to make a differnce for the people in life when society has given up on them. The book is good for anyone who has had trouble with the laws in the past and even for the big fans of the show. Or even for someone that would like to read true life events that are sometimes out of the ordnary. The book talks about his struggles with his carrer and the bumpy road he has been through. I wasn't a huge fan before the book but after reading the book I have gained a new found respect for the guy. The book does a great job of showing what kind of person the dog is, just a geniunly good person that has lot to say.
on April 14, 2010
I read his first book "You Can Run But You Can't Hide" as well. If you are as big of a Dog fan as I am, I recommend both books.
on April 20, 2010
What a great book if you like Dog the Bounty Hunter. It's a continuation of his first book and is just a great story of his life. Fast shipping too!
on November 23, 2010
I enjoyed this book because it covered the person Duane Chapman more than his first book. Although I really enjoyed that book as well.
One has to admire a man who has been knocked to his knees numerous times and yet reaches down inside for strength and goes forward. Duane and Beth Chapman certainly are a very compassionate and caring couple. It is good to know folks like them are around to always extend a helping hand to others. This book is a page turner and well written.
on July 5, 2010
I had just finished Dog's first book when this book came out. I was anxious to read it and picked it up. I could not put the book down. It was one of the best books i have yet to read. It really opens you up to Dog and his life. Makes you understand his life and where he comes from. Makes it seem like you are part of the family. I have learned qutie a few things about him and his family. If you are a fan of the show then I highly recommend this book
on July 30, 2010
I have been a huge fan of Dog since 2008 and staying a strong fan. Both books were excellent. You learn about what is life was like, the death of his daughter Barbara Katie and the rise and fame of Dog The Bounty Hunter. Buy these 2 books and any question that you have in mind about him and his family and bounty hunting will be answered. I rate both books 5 gold stars. These books are well worth the money.
on January 24, 2011
Considered to be the world's best bounty hunter (and I happen to agree), Duane "Dog" Chapman lays out in this book his ways of catching fugitives, the mistakes he's made in his life, his capture of Andrew Lustre in Mexico then finding himself in jail over it. I believe that incident took a huge toll on Dog and one he'll never forget. I think it was terribly unfair that he was not awarded the $300,000 dollars for Lustre's capture.

Dog is a deeply spiritual man who loves God, Beth and the rest of his family. Nothing else is closer to him in his life and his sincerity is genuine.

Dog understands the criminal's minds and the way they work and think as he himself was a criminal, spending time in Huntsville prison in Texas. He understands what makes them tick, what gets their goat, which buttons to push when on a bounty and trying to locate the scum that skipped his bond. You need to remember that Dog himself was once a drug addict and on the wrong side of the law. Dog has seen it all and done it all and although he only has a Grade 7 education, he is an extremely intelligent man who is worldly and knowledgeable about so, so many things.

Dog beat the strong odds against him by busting out of his drug addicted, gang-banger, prisoner ways and became a man to be look up to and admired. He has a huge fan base from around the world and people flock to meet him, they know deep in their hearts that he is a sincere man who deeply feels every word he says. The advice he gives his jumps when he captures them is real and authentic. Dog is the man of "second chances"!

I would highly recommend this book to everyone, you'll be surprised at the man you're about to meet in this novel. If you had a negative perception of Dog previous to this novel, I can almost guarantee that pretty much everyone who chooses to read this WILL change their minds.

All the best to Dog, keep on keeping the streets safe!
on April 27, 2010
I enjoy reading Dog's books. He leads an interesting life and I like his perspective on things. Sometimes I wish the books would flow better--he kind of jumps from one thing to another. And I'd like to know more details about some things. But I take it for what it is and just enjoy the ride.
on July 22, 2013
This is a very candid account of the Chapman family business. Not too many punches pulled. It holds your attention well.

Sometimes the story line sequays to other experiences and back. This can be hard to follow at times. There are sections of strong religious and mystical expereinces. This may not be well received by all. It is truly part of the experiences the author feels he is sharing however.

I would recommend buying the eBook and watch the TV show the author has.
on June 6, 2014
Back in March of 2013, while I was recuperating from a mastectomy and preparing to start chemotherapy for breast cancer, I got hooked on watching "Dog the Bounty Hunter" on A&E. And now, every weekday morning, from 6-8 AM, my family knows that that's what will be on my television.

I was looking something up about the Chapman family this past April 2014, and discovered that Dog himself had written two books, and that Lyssa Chapman had written a book about herself, so I set out to buy and read all three. I knew what I was getting into, and knew that they wouldn't be literary masterpieces. They were exactly what I expected and wanted....insights into this very public, very real family.

This book was written as an apology to the public after his estranged son recorded him saying the "N" word while discussing the son's horrible girlfriend. In my opinion, the whole thing was blown completely out of proportion, and the man's actions should speak so much louder than that one word, which, if I read the entire transcript of his conversation with his son correctly, was not even used in anger towards the girlfriend. Many, many other choice words come to my mind to describe her, but I digress.

I enjoyed both books by the Dog, and by Lyssa and would recommend them to anybody else that has enjoyed watching either of his shows and has followed his family's work all these years.