Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

92%
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 20, 1998
The illistration of this book is as good as it gets. The artwork is detailed and life like. I found not only did it draw my eye to it, but my 4 and 7 yr olds as well. The story is simple, but wonderful. It draws you to the place it describes. I was competely taken by it's illistration. It is about a grandfather who takes his grandsons on a trip to find where the river beings. What I also found about this book, is that although it has fairly simple words, it threw in some ones that are proably new to children of this age. It gave me an opportunity to teach new words like "meandnered lazily". I enjoyed the book as much as my children did and I am ready to find more books by this wonderful author and illistrator. I give it my highest rating!
on December 28, 2006
We picked up this book on a whim at the used book store, and we've worn our copy ragged. Not only are the paintings breathtaking, the story is sweet and it became my daughter's favorite for months. You'll want to pull out the pages and frame them, then go camping.
on September 22, 2009
Wonderful paintings and great story! This story is great for children ages 4+ and they are excited by the journey the boys take. Another option is "Sailing With The Wind," also by Thomas Locker, about a young girl and her grandfater on a sailing adventure.
on February 16, 2014
This is a fabulous book to use in any lesson on water, the water cycle, or rivers. Kids really engage in the journey of the father and son. Great story telling.
on March 11, 2014
The informative way the book was written and the art was amazing. My students were able to exhibit interest and inquiry throughout the story.
on February 8, 2014
My students loved it. The book went right along with what we were studying. I would buy it again if I had to do it again .
on February 21, 2013
I read this to my 4 year old nieces & they were very attentive, well written & ok for us adults too.
on June 16, 2016
Great images, used as resource for a study of American Landscape artist.
on January 27, 2015
Great story with beautiful illustrations!
on May 11, 2016