Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD Kids Edition Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 29, 2009 6:43:04 AM PDT
I absolutely loved the version of Wake Up that Arcade Fire re-recorded for the trailer that we saw. I hope that it gets released in the full version so that we can enjoy it.

Posted on Sep 29, 2009 6:55:45 AM PDT
I 100% agree here. The trailer version introduced me to the Arcade Fire and is just a great version of an already great song. Hopefully it gets released as either bonus content or a digital download.

Posted on Sep 29, 2009 3:46:00 PM PDT
JS says:
I'm also dissapointed to see that its not included on this CD. I liked the accoustic version in the trailer better than the electric on the Funeral album. I can't tell wether the song is edited to fit the trailer's length or if its actually just 1 minute long.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2009 4:40:25 PM PDT
It was definitely edited for the trailer. I'm still looking for the acoustic version used in the first half of the trailer.. just keep looking around online.

Posted on Sep 30, 2009 1:39:28 AM PDT
Alex Persels says:
You wont find the acoustic version anywhere because Arcade Fire recorded it specifically for the trailer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2009 11:48:31 PM PST
While that's true, it wouldn't make sense for them not to release it at some point. There's a huge demand for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2009 8:41:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2009 8:43:24 AM PST
SK says:
Often times the trailer is just for that specific purpose and is not licensed for the soundtrack, songs / sound recording gets really complicated mainly so certain people can get theirs, hint: it isn't always the artists either. Maybe AF will release a version, seems like there is enough demand for it. just like that irritating themesong (remember when shows actually had themesongs?) for Friends, they only recorded that opening blurb. people kept calling radio stations for the song, the group eventually wrote out an entire song. so if a wonky song from Friends can be made to happen, then surely something of far more quality such as Arcade Fire can come into existence.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions