5.0 out of 5 stars Where We Came From
Beautiful inspiring music with a great rhythm. the song "Where We Came From" is awesome!. Fast delivery, excellent condition and great communication!
Published 7 months ago by Berryo1

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as many of his
I thought is was an ok song, but just not as good as many of his. Took me a while to get into it.
Published 15 months ago by Marlene Sides

5.0 out of 5 stars Where We Came From, April 5, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as many of his, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Where We Came From (MP3 Music)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great debut...will he be going folk or funky ?, July 6, 2013
This review is from: Where We Came From (MP3 Music)
Phillip has a voice and style that really appeal to me. So it's easy to promote it. I've had this cd for over 6 months and play it often.
Home is the 4x platinum selling smash that he's known for but Gone Gone Gone has turned into a big hit too. They are like brother and sister, similar folk anthem type. Those are the 2 he didn't write but he put his big stamp on them, so they became his.
The rest were written or co-written by the artist and those gave me an indication of what direction he would be going... a little more rockin' funky bluesy. Some a little introspective ( Man in the Moon ) some just jam band fun ( Get Up Get Down )
After seeing him perform, I'm glad he is going with the more funky, jammin' with the band sound. Phillip and the songs really come to life on stage. I hope the future brings a live cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phillip, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Where We Came From (MP3 Music)
Loved Phillip Phillips on Idol and still love him now. He is a great singer. This album is one of my favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars where we came from, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Where We Came From (MP3 Music)
Iove his band. Love his songs. Love his voice. I can go far away just by listening to him. I await for more music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love him, January 16, 2013
Jessica Eluskie (Stanwood, Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where We Came From (MP3 Music)
Fan since American Idol, such a versital singer songwriter and I am so glad he won. There isn't anything he can't do. Love his music and style and love all of his music. Just another white guy with guitar... hahaha (David Cook started that one and broke Idol). But he def fits that catagory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great artist, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Where We Came From (MP3 Music)
Love his music.He is just a great all around musician. Would buy more of this.Love it,love it ,love it. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Mr. Phillips, November 24, 2012
This review is from: Where We Came From (MP3 Music)
Such a humble man Phillip is. I love this song and the music he makes. He is truely an artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where We Came From, November 10, 2012
This review is from: Where We Came From (MP3 Music)
I knew the day I saw Phillip Phillips audition that he would be the winner. He has that personality that the music industry needs, along with the voice and writing skills of Bruce Springsteen. I had been waiting for this song, and the day I bought it- I learned every single word to it. With his awesome voice, catchy music, and relate-able lyrics- you know that this place is his new "Home"!

4.0 out of 5 stars Balances Mainstream Aspirations and Alternative Sensibilities - 3 ˝ Stars, November 9, 2012
This review is from: Where We Came From (MP3 Music)
Phillip Phillips prepares to release his debut album, The World From The Side Of The Moon [Deluxe Edition] on November 19. "Where We Came From" follows up popular Olympic lifted single "Home," which peaked in the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10. "Where We Came From" tries to bridge itself somewhere between pop/rock with a tinge of folk/alternative fodder. Maybe to the surprise of some fans of the American Idol victor, while there is that 'uniqueness,' the cut ultimately is more commercially aimed/tinged than not. That is not to say this is a potential no. 1 single (it is not), but it works enough to give Phillips some radio play, particularly after "Home" was so successful.

"Where We Came From" opens with a unique groove, which definitely catches one's attention. There is a roots-driven sound with a soulful undertone, accentuated further by use the use of bowed strings. From the opening, there is the notion that this has to be a Dave Matthews Band cut, particularly given those strings and funky guitar. Eventually, many of the overt folk-rock stylings are replaced with more of rock/pop sound, hence giving "Where We Came From" its more 'mainstream' flair. Where a percussive groove buttressed the production initially, a harder, edgier drum-set driven groove takes over. Maybe more notable than the sound of the single is the fact that Phillips sounds more melodic than he did on American Idol, where he often over tweaked melodies. There is no doubt with this single that producers specifically wanted to make sure they had an artists who could deliver a more traditional pop/rock cut while also inserting some of himself into that cut.

The verdict? There seems to be more 'song' to this cut than "Home," which came off as more a record. "Home" seemed like more of the radio long shot, but triumphed due to the Olympics. While "Where We Came From" sounds like it should have more potential, it could possibly miss big Billboard Hot 100 airplay. Time will tell. Overall, it is a better record than expected and makes me more optimistic about Phillips, someone who I had reservations about throughout American Idol.

Where We Came From