Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Where do you live, when did you order, and when did it arrive?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2007 4:34:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2007 12:59:29 AM PST
Sean M. says:
Indianapolis
Nov. 27
Estimated delivery: Was Jan. 10, now Dec. 24

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 5:23:48 AM PST
C. Swan says:
Sean - unfortunately you may be waiting a little while longer. Have you received a delivery estimate at all? I'm in DFW and ordered on Nov. 24th w/ a delivery estimate of Dec. 11th. I've heard lots of people on the board say they ordered after me and have already received there's. Then again I've heard lots of people who ordered after me say they have no idea when there's is going to show up. So, it's a bit of a guessing game if you don't have a delivery date I'm afraid. Good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 5:34:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2007 5:43:36 AM PST
Sean M. says:
Yeah, that's why I'm curious about where people live who are getting theirs so quickly after ordering.

No delivery estimate. It sounds like some people aren't even getting a delivery estimate; they just get the e-mail that says it's shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 5:35:06 AM PST
LMN says:
Sean, you are not alone.

S. Florida
Also Nov. 27 and still waiting for email.

I don't think I'll get mine until Jan., but I'm fine with the wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 7:55:27 AM PST
Fort Wayne, IN
Ordered 11/21
Estimated delivery - today (12/4)
No e-mail or serial number yet.

Proximity to a shipping location seems to be irrelevant, I found a post on Kindle Korner that a guy in California who ordered after me, got his shipped from Kentucky.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 8:18:48 AM PST
Austin, Texas
Ordered 12/3
No email or serial number.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 8:49:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2007 8:56:47 AM PST
Sean M. says:
Over in the Amazon Kindle team thread, somebody showed a way to find your estimated delivery date if you haven't received the e-mail:

1. Go to open orders in my account.
2. Go to the bottom and click on "Visit our Help Department"
3. Go to the right-hand side. Click on Customer Service.
4. Wait for the spinning circle to stop.

It works! Mine's December 27, 2007 - January 10, 2008. It sounds like some other people have gotten theirs before the estimated date, so maybe Santa will be nice to me. At least now I can stop checking my e-mail every 5 minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 10:09:15 AM PST
Sean- wow- it does work- I ordered mine Nov. 30- and it says...
Estimated delivery: January 3, 2008 - January 17, 2008

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 11:07:58 AM PST
South Carolina

Ordered November 19th, received November 21st. :) Luckily I guess I was one of the ones that ordered within the first 5.5 hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 12:08:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2007 12:08:50 PM PST
C. Hicks says:
AH That's much better.. I can actually see the date now.

Order Date: November 27, 2007
Estimated delivery: December 31, 2007 - January 14, 2008

Ah well. I was hoping to have mine for xmas :/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 12:12:56 PM PST
Kyle Edwards says:
Order Nov 29th.

Using Sean M.'s approach it says it'll be delivered between Dec 31st and Jan 14th.

Northern Cali....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 12:35:41 PM PST
Thank you. I ordered mine on November 26th and had an estimated delivery date of December 20th. I changed my shipping option to one-day shipping and hadn't received an estimated delivery date yet. Thanks to you, I see that my delivery date was bumped to December 6th. :) I'm just too impatient to wait any longer than I have to.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 12:43:56 PM PST
Denver
Ordered Nov 25
Estimated delivery Dec 19

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 2:26:12 PM PST
L. MB says:
I ordered the 29th and mine has the same delivery dates, Oklahoma.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 4:43:23 PM PST
Tried Sean's method and "we are unable to retrieve your data". Supposed to be shipping today...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 4:46:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2007 4:46:36 PM PST
D. Freeman says:
I ordered Nov 24 and have estimated delivery date of Dec. 20 (Albuquerque). I'm torn as to whether to change the shipping to one day or not. Some have posted that it could move you to the bottom of your group and actually delay the shipping date; others say it moves it up. I'm also a Prime member, but that seems to carry no weight. I'm happy for those getting theirs early, but it's extremely frustrating to see people order days after you and get it weeks before you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 5:43:01 PM PST
Sean M. says:
I can't take the credit, guys, I just found that in another thread.

Bumping it up to 1-day shipping only moved my estimated ship date up 4 days. Better than nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 6:27:59 PM PST
A. Dearinger says:
I live in Kansas City, I ordered my kindle on November 29th, and I received it yesterday. No, I don't know how I got mine so early, but I consider myself lucky. I originally choose one day shipping and Amazon shipped it last saturday and I got it yesterday evening, but when I checked on the actual shipping tag they sent it ground. I called amazon and they refunded my 18 dollars. I really didn't expect to get it until January..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 6:37:11 PM PST
Todd K. says:
San Jose, CA
Nov. 21
Shipped: Dec. 3rd
Scheduled Delivery: Dec. 5th (was supposed to be overnight, but was shipped 2nd-day air)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 7:50:47 PM PST
C. Mende says:
I ordered mine on Nov 24th and my estimated delivery date is December 20th. I can't believe that people who ordered after me already have it....That's frustrating....But, hopefully, I will get it before Christmas....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 7:53:49 PM PST
R. J. Eads says:
Dallas
Ordered Nov 20
Delivered Dec 4

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 9:13:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2007 9:16:12 PM PST
Sean M. says:
"I can't believe that people who ordered after me already have it..."

According to Amazon customer service, they don't. I asked, and I was told that Amazon takes no responsibility for what's said in these discussion groups, and as long as it's not violating the TOS, they're not going to censor people who say they got theirs within days while others who ordered before them have been waiting longer. It's first come, first served, they're insisting. I'm not sure why Amazon is saying that, but that's their story and they're sticking to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 11:25:17 PM PST
I just saw that my status has changed from "not yet shipped..." to "shipping soon". I am from Northern California and I ordered on 11/22 and had a ship date of 12/7. I have not messed around with the delivery method or anything else. Just hung in there and let the system work. Sooo...looks like I will have my Kindle this Friday. Yippee....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2007 4:08:33 AM PST
D. Freeman says:
Sean: Have you seen the article (there's a link floating around here somewhere) that talks about the patent Amazon applied for several years ago? The patent is something about a system of prioritizing shipments based on various factors (no concrete factors given in the article) to determine likelihood of future purchases and sending shipments faster to some people than others if they think they might get more from them in the future.

Who knows if they ever used the technology (or still do) but it's interesting in light of all the "lying" posters who say they're getting their Kindles earlier than others.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2007 5:06:11 AM PST
Yes, it does work. First message just said it would be shipped "after Dec. 25". This method shows a date range.

Evansville, WI
ordered on November 30
email confirmation said "delivered after Dec. 25"
estimated delivery date: January 3-17

Too bad, since I leave for a 3-week vacation on January 1!

P.S. I noted 4 Kindles available on ebay on Friday, Nov. 30. This morning there are 40. For those that think Amazon is charging too much, while the 40 on ebay are available right after the auction ends, the prices are in the $500-$1000 range. I hate that some ebay store owners bought up a bunch of them in the first few days and are now re-selling them at a huge markup while we wait to purchase direct.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 63 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  515
Total posts:  1554
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2007
Latest post:  Apr 28, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation) by Amazon.com
4.2 out of 5 stars   (7,980)