Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 20, 2006 5:38:39 AM PST
J S says:
We've watched well more than half of "The Grateful Dead Movie", and haven't seen Mickey at all. Yet his name is listed on various cast lists. Anyone know what the story was?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2006 2:30:20 PM PST
Gerard L. says:
J S - Mickey left the band in early 1971 and wasn't an "official" member for these concerts. He did show up on the last night and performed a set and basically re-joined. I think he only played on Johnnie B. Goode at the end of the movie. I haven't seen the disc of extras so he may be on some of those, also.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2009 6:59:15 AM PDT
apparently Mickey's Father was a manager for the Grateful Dead in the early 1970's. As our disordered appetites are part of our fallen human nature, Hart's father decided to help himself to some extra loot without asking, and was subsequently released as persona non-gratis. Mickey was pressured into leaving at this time as well....though he would return in 1976 or so.
May GOD Bless Jerry, Brent, Keith, Ron, Micheal Hedges, Duane and Berry, Keith Moon, Janis, Jimi, Otis, Rick Danko, John Lennon, Ray Charles, Ramones, Bogie, Rev. Gary Davis, Billie, Satcmo, Coleman, Coltrane, King Curtis and all that have kindly shared their soulful grace given by the Lord.
May we appreciate the inherent miracle of every human life, and STOP erasing human genius before it matures...
!!! IF ITS NOT A BABY, THEN YOUR'E NOT PREGNANT !!!

Posted on Apr 23, 2009 7:07:20 AM PDT
Imagine if abortion was encouraged (as it IS today) when Jerry's mother was pregnant. Hmmm...
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR...God will allow you the freedom of choice to make tragic mistakes.
Human value is inherent and not based on potential to work or cost efficiency...this is the ONLY true basis for Human Rights. First those that cannot speak for themselves, then those that cannot support themselves, then those that are financial red ink, then those that dont tow the modern materialist secular humanist line, THEN YOU!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2009 6:07:36 PM PDT
Booger_Eater says:
You are a sick, sick person. Abortion is 'allowed' not 'encouraged.' Being dishonest gets you nowhere, and show a small amount of respect for the deceased and the Dead and don't propagandize by piggy-backing on their name.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2009 6:29:03 PM PDT
I am sick?...our society is blinding women to the lifetime of pain, both emotional and increase risk of breast cancer etc. I dont see the difference b/t "allowing" and encouraging by Federally funding both domestic and international slaughter and dismemberment. I am sick b/c I speak the truth...whats sick is to deny the facts of a holocaust that has taken my sibling(s), ruined my mother (emotionally and physically), and has diminished our respect for life expomnentially...just look at all the young mothers murdering their young kids...FACT: Child abuse rose dramatically after 1973 "law" passed. Turtle eggs are protested by Federal Law...human babies (even viable ones) are being dismembered and thrown out in the garbage with Federal support/encouragement. If Obama thinks a women is "punished" with a baby, he is encouraging them to abort. Wonder why Social Security is going bankrupt? 50 million dead Americans. It is a horror in EVERY respect. That is why you cannot even TALK about it...too painful to admit what you are "allowing".

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 7:14:54 AM PDT
J. Lewis says:
Another lie, "aspiring saint." There is NO link between breast cancer and abortion except in the fevered minds of those who wish it to be so.

We do not live in a fundamentalist Christian theocracy, thank God, and I say that as a Christian.

Bottom line: if it's not your uterus, it's not up to you. Get over it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2010 10:44:16 AM PDT
J. Lewis: It took me all of 5 seconds to find abortionbreastcancer.com/, if you have ANY interest in the truth I suggest you educate yourself. As with many moderns, you seem to believe reality is dependant on what you WANT to believe or to be true! THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH EVEN IF NOBODY BELIEVES IT! tHIS IS MERELY fact, AND HAS nothing to do with Christianity--other than those who refuse to consider Christianity objectively tend to believe truth and reality merely exists in the mind of the beholder! The science is fairly clear, and it is the people on your side who are trying to obfiscate the truth based on their politics and blind faith!

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 10:45:23 AM PDT
it may not be my uterus but it is my money, and the child would NEVER choose to be killed.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2010 11:26:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2010 11:28:50 AM PDT
J. Lewis says:
(1) Of course it took you all of five seconds. It would take all of five seconds to find just about anything on the internet. If I wanted to, I could find links purporting to prove Rhode Island is bigger than Texas. However, finding something on the internet is no guarantee of its factual accuracy.

You are correct when you say the science is fairly clear, except that the science does not support your contention.

Here is a link to the National Cancer Institute which explains why the studies you prefer to believe are wrong: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/risk/abortion-miscarriage

Here is a link to a site with links to many other sites, all of which support the fact that there is no connection between abortion and breast cancer: http://www.fwhc.org/abortion/abcancer.htm

(2) Have you ever heard of the Hyde Amendment? Passed in 1977, it barred the use of federal funds for abortion. It was later revised to provide exceptions in the case of rape, incest, or the health of the mother, although several states elect to provide state funding.

Of course, if you oppose abortion under all circumstances, and from your statements it appears you do, not even exceptions for rape, incest, or the health of the mother are acceptable to you. But seeing women as second-class citizens whose rights and safety are not as important as a cystoblast is typical of fundamentalism (be it Christian, Muslim or whatever), so I'd expect nothing less than absolute purity.

I thank God every day I live in a democratic republic and not a theocracy.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2010 2:21:12 PM PDT
Im not going to get into tit for tat, but if the fact that numerous reputable medical groups worldwide maintain the high plausibility of BOTH the link of abortion AND oral contraceptives and breast cancer, combined with the SKYROCKETING breast cancer rates among baby boomers is not enough to convince you that at a minimum it is possible, so be it. As for the unborn child being a living human being--that is now beyond dispute as well. Most Abortion advocates have had to abandon the concept of a non-entity long ago not only because of detailed scientific investigation, but basic things like viewing ulta sound of abortions where the child struggles to escape the violence done in the name of medicine. Dismemberment is not a medical procedure! Pregnancy is NOT an illness that needs to be cured! It is the NORMAL physical development after certain actions are participated in.
IF ITS NOT A LIVING HUMAN BABY, THEN YOU'RE NOT PREGNANT!
What exactly do you think this is besides a human being?

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 5:40:58 PM PDT
J. Lewis says:
Sorry, but you are wrong: there is no reputable medical group maintaining any such connection between abortion and breast cancer. Oral contraceptives, yes; abortion, no.

You're either delusional or a liar. Whichever it is, it's impossible to have any kind of conversation with you. Farewell.

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 1:35:12 AM PDT
Chet Fakir says:
How the frig did this thread devolve into a discussion about abortion? Jesus Tapdancing Christ...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2013 2:36:10 PM PST
Robert Neely says:
J. Lewis is correct. Aspiring Saint (?) is deluded by an agenda. And medically speaking (I'm a doctor), if it's not viable outside the uterus (i.e., less than 22 weeks), then it's called a fetus. "Skyrocketing" breast cancer rates? Lot of factors in the causes of breast cancer, family history and the BRCA gene the most important. No creditable studies have shown a link between abortion and breast cancer. Period. This myth was discredited several years ago. Look up the studies on WEBMD.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Grateful Dead Movie [VHS]
The Grateful Dead Movie [VHS] by Jerry Garcia (VHS Tape - 1995)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (100)