4.0 out of 5 stars great start for baby
Published on October 8, 2004 by mommy in pa

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book but not for little hands !!
I carefully read other parent's reviews regarding "Where's Spot?" before purchasing for my 18 month old girl and was happy and convinced that she would love it, for it clearly stated that the sturdy flaps were perfect for toddler hands.....Unfortunately, no.

Published on April 25, 2011 by Martha Cassab

4.0 out of 5 stars great start for baby, October 8, 2004
This review is from: Where's Spot? (Little Spot Board Books) (Board book)
"Where's Spot" is one of the first books that my 8-month-old has let us read to him. It's short, has simple, colorful pictures, and has lots of animals and objects to name and talk about (and every page has a picture of a dog, which he loves). We return to it time and time again. Unlike other lift-the-flap books that we own, the flaps in this book are large and sturdy and relatively easy to grab, so that he is able to lift them himself and peek at the animals behind doors, under rugs, and in closets. I highly recommend this book as a first book to read with your baby. I now use it regularly as a baby shower gift for new moms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for children with vision loss!, March 29, 2005
This review is from: Where's Spot? (Little Spot Board Books) (Board book)
Simple illustrations for my sons are key and these definately are. The pictures are very coloring-book like in that there are no surperfluous additions in the background, the shapes are simple and the colors are true. If Sally, Spot's mom, is looking behind the door, there is Sally and the door. That's it. When Sally looks under the rug, the rug is yellow with blue fringe. There are no distracting patterns on the rug. The is no question that the yellow is yellow and the green is green.

Great for teaching many concepts ~ prepositions (under, in), animal names and colors.

I was leary about the book being a peek-a-boo book with my two sons. I was concerned that the peek-a-boos would tear. One did, but I glued it with scrapbooking glue and it has held up.

A definate must have for anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's absolute favourite!, January 13, 2005
This review is from: Where's Spot? (Little Spot Board Books) (Board book)
This is a book my 21-month old 'reads' (either with me or on his own) again and again, and he laughs the whole way through it every time!

He's memorized which animal is in each hiding place and can just about recite the entire book without lifting the flaps, and enjoys it even more when I make the animal sounds to go with the pictures!

I've bought copies for my friends' babies, and we now have copies at each of the grandparents' houses as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Spot, January 2, 2004
This review is from: Where's Spot? (Little Spot Board Books) (Board book)
My daughter loves "Where's Spot?" "Spot" was one of her first words and when she was able to walk saying "Where's Spot?" was a way to have her bring you the book. Apparently, there is something wonderful about Spot. Check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading experience for babies, March 7, 2006
This review is from: Where's Spot? (Little Spot Board Books) (Board book)
My 10-month-old really loves this book. He loves to turn the pages and open the flaps. After I read the book to him, he goes back through each page on his own, studying the pictures and trying to make the animal sounds (that I make when I read the book to him). He seems absolutely captivated by the story and pictures, and it is a joy to watch him with this book.

I highly recommend this for anyone wanting to inspire their child to have more interest in and excitement about books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get them to Talk!, February 3, 2005
This review is from: Where's Spot? (Paperback)
If you don't have a child - you couldn't possibly understand the magic of this book.

If you read this book to your 15-18 month old - they will start saying "no" along with every page and they will love to lift up the flaps.

People who don't have children shouldn't try to review children's books (can you tell I was annoyed by a couple of the other reviews?!). It's the EXPERIENCE of reading the book with a child that shows you the power of the book - not the book itself.

This one is a gem.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book but not for little hands !!, April 25, 2011
Martha Cassab (San Antonio, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where's Spot? (Little Spot Board Books) (Board book)

My daughter recceived the book and plush figure and was happily "reading" her book when I noticed that the falps she had to lift to find Spot, wer very thin cardboard and she wrinkled them and made marks on them every time she lifted them. When se reached the final flap and found Spot, she was so happy she tore the flap and looked very surprised not at Spot but at me as she handed me the piece !! I have now glued the flap two times and two more she has un-glued it, so now Spot doesn't hide anymore on the last page and the flap is under keepsake inside a bedside drawer.....A bit sad for my girl loved books and is very fond of Spot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learned how to say No!, August 22, 2006
This review is from: Where's Spot? (Little Spot Board Books) (Board book)
My son learned how to say no by reading this book. You are looking for Sally's puppy Spot in this book. There are flaps to open and different animals to discover behind each flap. The book takes you through different parts of the house asking "Is Spot in here". You open the flap and say "No". It's so cute! Definitely a good book for your child.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small flaps, May 31, 2013
This review is from: Where's Spot? (Little Spot Board Books) (Board book)
The flaps were too small for my son to be interested in the book. They are also too thin and easily break.

2.0 out of 5 stars ... because he is able to tear it up so easily. The flaps are just made of paper so ..., July 11, 2014
This review is from: Where's Spot? (Little Spot Board Books) (Board book)
My son really likes this book but that's partly because he is able to tear it up so easily. The flaps are just made of paper so they are very thin, bend easily and also tear off easily. My one year old tore almost every flap off within a couple of days and I had to take the book away from him. I tried taping them back on but now they just come off easier. I wish the flaps were thicker, maybe made of cardboard or at least thick paper. Also I have a big problem with the fact that under every single flap there is an animal that says no. So if you're reading the book you say no like ten times. I try to only use the word no for important things so that my son can understand the significance of the word. I also found a real lack of an actual story or plot, it's just animals being in wierd places like an elephant inside a piano...what?

Where's Spot? (Little Spot Board Books)
Where's Spot? (Little Spot Board Books) by Eric Hill (Board book - June 30, 2003)
$7.99 $5.01