5.0 out of 5 stars The first and the best
I will always be partial to the first 2 Waldo books in the series. There is real creativity, freshness, and fun.

Published on September 25, 2011 by EcoDesigner

3.0 out of 5 stars Same content-TINY size!
Published on August 1, 2012 by ConvivialMama

5.0 out of 5 stars The first and the best, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Where's Waldo? (Hardcover)

My personal opinion is that the later books have more people (i.e., the people are packed on the pages like sardines), but less creativity/spunk. Honestly, when there are 5,000 people on a page like it seems there are in some of the later books, it can become more frustrating than fun. Instead of looking at the cute scenes and interactions between the characters, you're busy searching through a mass-reproduced mob for an all-but-impossible to find Waldo. It's like if another artist/illustrator tried to copy the original Waldo books, but lost some of the spirit of the books in the process.

I own all of the Waldo books, and as a general rule of thumb with Waldo books I'd say the earlier it was published, the better it is...with the exception of the Hollywood book, which is better than the 3rd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, February 27, 2004
This review is from: Where's Waldo? (Hardcover)
This is a very fun book. I enjoyed the Waldo books when I was a preteen. The pictures teaming with people from every walks of life with lots of little stories in the greater scene.
Now my kids are old enough to begin looking for Waldo. My four year old son is very entertained by looking for Waldo. He has spent hours looking at this book.
This book you have to find the dog's tail, waldo, the thing he lost, and several Waldo watchers. It's fairly hard and yet my son still loves it.
Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 3-year old's favorite., June 23, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Where's Waldo? (Hardcover)
Entertaining for both children and adults. This book is full of visual puns and amusing drawings like a flying Ace (of spades) and a human snowball. Long after we've found Waldo everywhere, we're still seeing something new and surprising. This is a great (but slightly bulky) book to keep kids entertained on long trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really charming books that are a lot of fun..., April 13, 2014
This review is from: Where's Waldo? (Hardcover)
I have always been a big fan of Where is Waldo, since I read my first one in the 1980's.
Now when I am going to spend time with young children, this is usually the book I will choose to use with them, because it is so much fun and very interactive.

I was looking after a friends child for the day, and we had a blast finding Waldo. I noticed he has a lot of new friends to go along with his new adventures. I can whole heartily recommend this series.
If my review helped you, please click on "Helpful" below. Thank you. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars "Where's Waldo" is truly entertaining and fun, May 13, 2009
This review is from: Where's Waldo? (Hardcover)
I loved all of the Waldo's books ever since I was a kid. I got "Where's Waldo" when it first came out in 1987, I opened the book and I was instantly hooked looking for Waldo everywhere.

I enjoyed hours of pouring over the book looking for Waldo in every place possible. It helped me excercise my mind and not even care about a certain thing called television, which is one of the best things about books and reading. I am a huge lover of and passionate about books, and always have been captivated about books since I was a kid.

The adventures are always great and looking for Waldo is always fun. It has excitment and fun to keep you captivated and looking for Waldo and so many fun things to find in the book.

At first it was just you're job to find Waldo, then look in the back of the book for wacky and funny stuff that is in each of the places that Waldo was at.

After you did all of that you had to go back to look for all of the things Waldo lost on his travels. This is hours of enjoyment and fun.

Waldo has been some of my favorite books ever since I was a kid and still is. I recently found the ten year anniversary editions of all the Waldo books at my library and was so glad to see them again.

I was wondering what the new changes to the books were and I suddenly found out new characters were in the books that werent in the originals. At first I was kind of disappointed with the new characters, because I thought the originals were so much better.

I found it odd, that you werent just looking for Waldo and what he lost anymore. It was odd seeing a list of all of these new characters. I did get over that eventually and I loved that these were new editions of the Waldo books.

I enjoyed looking all over the place for Waldo, all the things he lost along the way and all the new characters in the books. I also found it enjoyable that they kept the places all the same and in the same order, even if Waldo was in different places than in the originals.

I still have the first editions of these books and I would try to find those first to look at and find Waldo everywhere he is. I would then buy these new editions to further the excitement and fun of Waldo.

I recommend all of these books for kids to start out and looking at. I also recommned them to anyone of any age who is starting to get into Waldo, or for us Waldo fans rediscovering these new versions again and keeping the Waldo fandom alive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Same content-TINY size!, August 1, 2012
Shame on me for not looking carefully at the listed product dimensions, but to help anyone else avoid my mistake-this is the mini version! Anyone familiar with the "Waldo" series knows that the illustrations are already highly detailed in their original size. This size is so small that it includes a magnifying lens with the book! I bought it to help keep a five year old occupied during a fourteen hour car ride, but I think the combination of a moving vehicle and trying to focus through a piece of plastic seems like a recipe for a headache, or at least some major frustration, so back it goes. I will exchange for the standard size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Where's Waldo?: Deluxe Edition (Hardcover)
The book was great and my boyfriend loves it. He brags about the book I got him. Thanks again for the great condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's Waldo, January 31, 2006
This review is from: Where's Waldo? (Hardcover)
Always a great book - baught the original when my children were young for road trips - I baught this reissue for my 22yr old son to take to Iraq the original was worn out. Had to sneak a peak thou and all five of us spent hours

together like we did so many years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 5, 2014
This review is from: Where's Waldo?: Deluxe Edition (Hardcover)
My grandchildren love the books and it he them with their reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Waldo rocks, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Where's Waldo?: Deluxe Edition (Hardcover)
GREAT BOOK!!!!!!!! For ALL ages!!!!!!! We all Love it!! This is a book that will last the ages. and reminds me of being a kid over and over again!

Where's Waldo?: Deluxe Edition
Where's Waldo?: Deluxe Edition by Martin Handford (Hardcover - August 14, 2012)
$16.99 $12.86