5.0 out of 5 stars Old school fun
I used to love these books in elementary school, I actually remember spending all the time our class was supposed to be at the library trying to hog the waldo books.This is clearly the best of the waldo series. I recomend this to anyone who has children or is just young at heart
Published on July 17, 2001 by Nathan Nathan

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in the hack-job changes
I grew up with the Where's Waldo books and loved them. So when my 1 1/2 year old took to them too, I thought I'd order him his own set to preserve my own first editions. From my research, I knew that the newer characters had been added to the original drawings, and I had no problem with that.
The problems I have with the book are that they moved Waldo and did a hack...
Published 11 months ago by A. Kat

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school fun, July 17, 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in the hack-job changes, March 21, 2014
A. Kat (CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey (Paperback)
The problems I have with the book are that they moved Waldo and did a hack job of it. My son looks for "Lallo" where he used to be and finds some new background character. But where was Waldo moved to? Martin Handford got lazy and didn't erase an old, inconsequential background character and redraw Waldo in their place--he drew him behind a crowd of extras so that only his head is showing. The same for Wenda and Co. They're all just heads peeking out from behind something. It's inorganic to the artwork. AND that makes it impossible for my son to spot. That might make it more challenging for older readers, but that totally defeats my purpose for buying the books. So if that's your purpose, I wouldn't recommend these new editions.
Also, the paperback version loses a lot of the heft and searchability of the hardcover format. If you're going to buy them, buy the hardcover ones. Or even better--eBay the originals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another masterpiece!, October 21, 1998
By A Customer
This book was another 'hours of family fun' work of pure art. I am proud to own this book! I wish I had children to share these hours of fun with! I will now own every Waldo book created! Even if it means shoplifting it from the library! Waldo rules, keep 'em coming Martin!!

2.0 out of 5 stars TOO, TOO TINY, May 14, 2011
While looking into this Waldo book I had read reviews that stated, yes indeed, it's small. However, I wasn't expecting it to be impossible to see. Even using the magnifying glass, along with my reading glasses didn't help at all. I'm fairly certain that the ONLY species who could actually see the tiny print, would be a hawk, or a giant squid since they have amazing eyesight. So unless you are one of those creatures, don't bother buying it unless you want to end up with permanent crossed-eyes, or glaucoma.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?!?, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey (Paperback)
"Once upon a time, Waldo embarked upon a fantastic journey. First, among a throng of gobbling gluttons, he met Wizard Whitebeard, who commanded him to find a scroll and then to find another at every stage of his journey. For when he had found 2 scrolls, he would understand the truth about himself."

And so begins another great Where's Waldo? book. You can just look for Waldo (as always), but you can also check each scene for Odlaw, Wizard Whitebeard, Wenda and Woof. What's not to like?!?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for young and old alike!, October 15, 2011
This review is from: Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey (Paperback)
My nearly 60 year old mom was laid off recently and has been bored out of her mind. She started keeping herself busy by completing hidden picture puzzles so I thought that she might like a Waldo book too. I got her this book and she was happy with it. It kept her busy for a while. I will say that the pictures have small people in them so she needed her reading glasses but overall she seemed to enjoy searching for good old Waldo.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small book, October 7, 2008
C. E. J. MD "Dr. J" (Atlanta, Georgia USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey (Paperback)
Please note that this is a small book requiring a magnifying glass (enclosed) to see the pictures. It is not the full sized book like most of the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's Waldo, January 31, 2006
Always a great book - baught the original when my children were young for road trips - I baught this reissue for my 22yr old son to take to Iraq the original was worn out. Had to sneak a peak thou and all five of us spent hours

together like we did so many years ago.

2.0 out of 5 stars Small., December 17, 2010
I probably should have read the description of the product better because I was expecting a large hardcover book, but instead, this is a very small hardcover book. Probaby 4x5 inches.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey, September 11, 2011
Not thrill that the book was a mini book. For over $12.00, I expected a full size. I certainly was not aware that the book was 4" by 4". If I was, I would have chosen another.

Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey
Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey by Martin Handford (Paperback - April 10, 2007)
$7.99