Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

I have used various key finders over the years with varying degrees of success. I have been using this product over the past six weeks, and except for one glitch that the seller promptly corrected at no expense to me (discussed below), this product has been working quite well. Here is why I like it:

1. Contrary to one of the negative reviews, I don't think that the plastic or construction in general is cheap. To the contrary I find it to be sturdy and durable. I frequently toss my car keys with the blue transmitter into my briefcase or gym bag, and so far I don't see even a scratch, let alone any cracks.

I like that I can open the cover on the blue transmitter to change the battery withhout any special tools; I use either a dime or a paper clip. On the black transmitter, the battery cover just slides right off.

2. Contrary to another negative review, I have not experienced any "delay" in having the transmitter beep when I am trying to find my keys. To the contrary, the beeping starts right away after I press the transmitter, and is loud enough to find my keys even when they were inside the pocket of a jacket that I had hung in an upstairs closet on the second floor of my house. I started in the kitchen and just followed the sound of the beeping. Yes it was very faint from where I was standing in the kitchen, but I was surprised that I could hear anything at all in the kitchen once I discovered where the keys were.

3. I use the black transmitter for a second set of keys even though that transmitter is used by many people for a remote. It works just fine, and I attached it to large key ring that the Lexus dealer gave me. Replacing those keys would cost me $300, so it's critical that I always be able to find them.

4. The one "glitch" that I encountered, which is also the subject of several negative reviews, is that after the first couple of weeks the blue transmitter would start beeping for no reason. I know that the transmitters are supposed to beep when the batteries are low, but I tested the batteries with a battery tester, and they were fine. I then contacted the seller by email to explain the problem.

5. The seller responded very quickly (less than 24 hours) and told me that sometimes the feature of having the batteries beep when they are low did not function properly, with the result that there was random beeping. She said that this had not happened in most of the units, and that in the future she was going to eliminate this feature so nobody would have the problem. In the meantime, at no cost to me she promptly sent me a new blue transmitter, which has been working just fine over the past month.

6. It is not unusual for any electronic product to sometimes develop a "glitch", and I have experienced my fair share of those over the years. But if the seller readily acknowledges the problem, and promptly corrects it at no cost to me, then for me such customer service trumps whatever initial inconvenience I may have had. This seller has advised me by email that she is trying to start a new business, supply a quality product, and correct any problems that her customers may encounter. Actions speak louder than words, and in this case the seller's actions confirm her words. I have never had better customer service.

Bottom line: If you want to stop wasting time looking for your keys or remote, this is the product to buy. And if you encounter any problems, just email the seller. Based on my own experience, she definitely aims to please.

Update May 28, 2012: I recently ordered another set of receivers, but this time I contacted the seller directly and got two receivers for my keys instead of one receiver for a remote and one for the keys. They work fine. The cost was the same.

Update July 31, 2012: I am so pleased with this product that I am now getting a third set of receivers. I have saved myself countless hours of aggravation looking for keys. And except for the initial "glitch" with my first set that the seller corrected immediately, this product has performed flawlessly and proved to be durable.

Update September 13, 2012: One of the transmitters from my most recent order started beeping randomly. I contacted the seller, who promptly responded that the problem was caused if the battery was too loose. She suggested that I remove the battery, slightly bend the metal contact strip up, and replace the battery. I did that, and problem solved.

I have now been using this product for almost six months, and am very pleased with its performance.

Update March 15, 2013: I have now been using this product for a year. Nothing has broken and everything works fine. This has saved me countless hours of aggravation in search for my keys when I misplace them.

Update July 17, 2013: Still working great. Recently I was in a rush and of course couldn't find my keys. I pressed the finder and at first heard nothing. I thought maybe the battery in my transmitter had died. Nope, because when I started walking around the first floor of my house I finally heard a faint beeping on the second floor. Turns out they keys were in the pocket of pants I had worn the night before--which were in a closet with closed doors, and the closet was in a bedroom with a closed door. I'm amazed that I could hear anything. So have no doubt whether this will be loud enough to find your keys when you misplace them.

Update Dec. 24, 2013: Still working great. I've lost count of how many times this product has saved the day by locating my lost keys. One time I accidentally scooped them up with some mail I was throwing out and they landed in the middle of my kitchen trash can. I still can't believe I did that, and without this product I would have wasted a long time looking for them.

Update August 25, 2014: I just ordered another set because family members have permanently borrowed some of my other sets since this works so well. The latest set has the same clear directions and not only includes all the necessary batteries, but has an extra set as well. Hands down this is the best key finder that I have used.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 8, 2011
I've got the whole remote thing covered, my problem is lost car keys. The first remote I got from this seller did not have a ring strong enough to handle every day wear of a key ring. But the seller was amazing in giving me full credit and keeping in contact with me regarding a new and improved version which contains a solid metal ring.

Well I'm happy to report that it has saved me twice since I hooked it up. After discovering the keys next to the bike rack on the back porch of all places my wife insists that I will never be without this product.

Highly recommend this product and this seller for finding whatever it is that you are misplacing.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 1, 2012
Fast and friendly service. You won't be disappointed. I have attached it to my remote and it works as described even under cushions! My only problem is getting the kids to quit playing with it!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 20, 2012
I bought this so I would be able to locate my new, $300 master key to my car. After only having it one week, I couldn't find my key. Went around the house with my transmitter and no beep. Went out into the garage and heard it beeping from the garbage can. Great little device saved me another $300. Now where did I put my wallet?
on August 23, 2012
Just got this in the mail - 3 days after purchasing. The hidden keys didn't stand a chance. Found them quickly by holding the button and walking around while the receiver continued beeping (from pretty far away). The installation/operating instructions were pretty straightforward and the seller contacted me by e-mail even before the product arrived to give me a heads-up about the batteries and installation/operation of the units. Using just 1 receiver so far...the second one is a good backup idea or will be used eventually with another "waiting to be misplaced" object.

Just a word (or two) about why I went with this seller:
I was trying to decide which one to buy so I wouldn't waste time looking for those keys "ever" again. It's pretty simple for me - price is king and the lower price always wins...but I didn't even blink after reading that this product was being sold by an elementary-school teacher with a side business and with only a $3 difference. I applaud the guts it took to start something like this (I did something similar with DJing) and would have no problem recommending this to others.
on September 22, 2012
It works amazingly. It's really cute (I was worried from the pictures it'd be a little too bulky for my key ring). Just remember to hold down the button until you hear the beeping since the battery goes on autosleep. Service was prompt and courteous and the fact (?) that seller is a 5th grade teacher makes me feel like I'm buying local when I really am doing quite the opposite.
on November 17, 2012
mom couldn't find her keys or extra cash twice this month racking her brain at times.looked for solution on amazon,read reviews on"where's my keys" and ordered. It arrived in 3 days,reinstalled batteries as instructed and set auto program for both receivers in less than 5 minutes.extra batteries a plus. mom loves this item.one for $$ and other for keys.works very well.
on November 17, 2011
I bought this because after I have my teacup in the morning, I invariably walk away from it and don't know which part of the house I left it in. Now, I attach the finder to the cup handle and just follow the beep. Saves money in the long run in poured out tea. Works great!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 27, 2013
For the longest time it wouldn't stop beeping! Well with a little research and reading reviews I found the answer! The battery is lose and moves around. Now to fix that you have to open it up and move the mettle piece up a bit so the battry wont jiggle. I tried it! And it worked! Wont beep when I move it around. If you have trouble with it don't just post negativeness! Contact the seller at [...] They will help you out!
on September 8, 2012
My wife keeps losing her car keys (she still hasn't found her keys from the last time, so she's using our 3rd and final set of keys). So, I decided to give this product a try. Upon receipt, I enabled the batteries (by removing the plastic tabs). Tested everything, which worked as advertised. To test it's effectiveness, I hid the key ring receiver in our backyard in one of our many bushes (we have a large backyard). I gave the transmitter to my wife, told her this was a test .. please find the receiver. Within 10 seconds she homed in on the beeping receiver hanging amongst a cluster of leaves in one of our bushes, 40 feet away. I was really impressed. Even though this wasn't a real "lost key" situation, it boosted my confidence. My only concern now is "how long will the batteries last?". For now, I've decided to keep the Transmitter in my possession with the battery out of it until I need it (hopefully this will prolong battery life). Doesn't make sense to give my wife the Transmitter, so she can lose that too! For now, I plan on changing the key ring receiver's battery once a month to ensure it's operation (by the way, it's not a CR2023 battery ... it's a CR2032 battery). Supposedly, the receiver unit goes into "sleep mode" when not being used in order to conserve batteries. I'm not going to test this theory, because we're on our last set of keys.

Made in China: Unfortunately, yes. What isn't? I firmly believe you will have to go to China to find "Made in U.S.A." products thanks to our government's trade agreements.

Seller: Please give her a break. Verified by Amazon to be a reputable small business owner, she appears to stand behind her product. If correct, she is a 5th Grade Teacher simply trying to make a living like the rest of us.

Thank you and God Bless to all who read this review.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...