Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Which Controller has a GOOD D pad for Xbox 360?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 30, 2009 2:40:48 PM PDT
R. Atchison says:
I recently bought Tekken 6 and I am a fan of the game...
But my gaming experience is some what altered do to the horrible d pad on the 360...

Any body have any suggestion for a good Dpad controller for the 360?

(Preferably a D pad like the Playstaion or old Sega or NES controllers)

Posted on Dec 6, 2009 7:15:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2009 7:19:22 AM PST
G. Walton says:
Get one of the MadCatz Street Fighter 4 six button fight pads.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2010 4:13:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 22, 2010 4:16:17 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 28, 2010 4:58:35 PM PDT
D. Vela says:

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 9:34:10 AM PST
romevi says:
Or try the new silver one with the transforming d-pad if you don't get a fight stick.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2011 5:50:02 AM PST
jason says:
I just got that one with high hopes but both dpad modes on it are worthless for fighters. There is almost zero diagonal recognition on the special edition contollers.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 2:30:27 PM PST
I got two of the transforming d-pad ones when on sale...
Its a better d-pad, but its still terrible. Plus I actually don't like the monochromatic look. I've memorized the abxy buttons.. however not everyone who plays on my xbox has, and the color association really helps for that.
I don't recommend the controller.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 5:19:31 PM PST
Z Io says:
closer to the old nes and PS controllers is the "evil dpad." they make a custom shell where the dpad buttons are basically another "ABXY" pad. I don't recommend their other products, and their customer service and return policies are absolute crap. but, they are the only people that i have found that make this, and its not too expensive, comparatively.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 8:14:56 AM PDT
S. Franke says:
I personally think the xbox gamepad is close to perfect for fighters, being that it is disc shaped which makes it easy to pull off moves, especially those that require a 360 degree rotation of the d-pad. There is not a fighting move that I can't pull off and I'm very competitive with any fighting game with the xbox gamepad so not sure why everyone trashes its d-pad which is 10 times better than the PS d-pad which makes moves that require diagonal or 360 degree rotations nearly impossible...with all of that said, I do prefer to play my fighting games with a joystick, which is really the best and only way to seriously play fighting games...gotta have that true arcade/fighting game experience.

Posted on Sep 11, 2014 1:30:14 AM PDT
If you like the xbox buttons but prefer the playstation layout I would suggest you get the Logitech F710 wireless rumblepad. It is a great controller for fighting games.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about