Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2009 3:27:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2009 3:34:14 PM PDT
Sammy says:
Being that i haven't played the original Assassin's Creed game at ALL & I want to pre-order this game to get release-date delivery ( not to mention the $10 in Amazon game credit! ) My number ONE question to all of you Assassin's Creed fans out there is this: For which system should i buy the game for? PS3 or Xbox 360?

Oh & in not playing the original Assassin's Creed game, am i missing out on much? From the reviews i read on Amazon, its kind of a mixed bag between good and bad. & lastly, does anyone know if there will be any sort of online play?

Posted on Oct 27, 2009 9:53:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2009 10:34:24 AM PDT
Apparently you have both systems or you wouldn't ask ... if you have PSP & plan on getting Bloodlines (the continuation of AC1) then PS3 is your answer as I've heard there will be some transfer/unlocking of weapons etc (6 exclusive weapons for the PS3) from one to the other (something Xbox version wont have available due to inability to connect. Someone correct me if this is inaccurate.).

One SHOULD play the 1st one regardless of the reviews.

Haven't heard anything about online play &/or coop mode.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2009 8:56:21 PM PDT
Sammy says:
Thank you for responding Butt Reaper. Yes i have both systems & the reason for the original ? is because i generally notice that when a game is 'multi-platform' it usually (9x out of 10) shows up on the 360 as 1080p vs the Ps3's 720p. Did not hear about the PsP connectivity, sounds cool. Thanks again!

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 4:40:38 AM PDT
D. Richards says:
from my experience I see the 360 versions are in 720 and the ps3 in 1080 p or i

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 5:36:07 AM PDT
Gaming Dad says:
Not all 360 games that say 1080p are really 1080p, but rather scaled to 1080p by the 360's on-board hana chip.
I'm getting the PS3 version for the bloodlines connectivity :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2009 10:43:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 28, 2009 10:43:51 PM PDT
Sammy says:
So does the Ps3 not scale up tp 1080p? And have either of you heard/read about any form of online or co-op play? Last part seems 2 be just wishful thinkin...but still

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 10:32:18 AM PST
SandmanVI says:
Games that are not made in native 1080p do not gain anything by being upscaled. There is a decent difference going from SD upscaling to 1080i, which bith systems do, but 1080p only seems to gain anything when something is native like an actual blu-ray movie (they really aren't any games currently made that truly look 1080p so don't worry about it). Anyway, I've never heard that 360 games are clearer or higher rezz. In fact, it is generally the opposite with PS3 having "better" graphics but that 360 games often run a little smoother in terms of frame-rate. I think you're chasing nothing on this resolution issue... it isn't a determining factor.

Some people didn't like the original game, or so they said. I really think it was mainly a backlash to the hype. However I found it to be a very unique gameplay experience and highly recommend it. The end was a little awkward but that didn't detract from the overall experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2009 7:40:19 PM PST
Sammy says:
Thanks SandmanVI, learn something new everyday! Have you heard anything about PsP to Ps3 weaponry or any possible co-op online play?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2009 7:51:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2009 7:54:40 PM PST
Sammy says:
And SandmanVI, which system has your pre-order for AC II? The Ps3 has had mine for quite some time now..I just hope the controls aren't to awkward for me as I prefer the 360's controller over the Dualshock 2. PSP connectivity was my breaking point

Posted on Nov 11, 2009 1:52:47 PM PST
Stompy says:
"I just hope the controls aren't to awkward for me as I prefer the 360's controller over the Dualshock 2. PSP connectivity was my breaking point"

Exactly, I played the first on 360 as well, I like the controller and achievments better, but Im getting the PS3 version for the PSP connectivity.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2009 6:56:56 PM PST
Sammy says:
So Stompy, have you heard about the unlock-able weapons that you will be able to obtain thru psp connectivity? As in, what they look like, or what they are...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Oct 26, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed II - Greatest Hits edition - Playstation 3
Assassin's Creed II - Greatest Hits edition - Playstation 3 by UBI Soft (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (638)