Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2006 5:04:31 AM PDT
Karen says:
Has anyone out there read both the Total Money Makeover and Financial Peace Revisted? If so, which would you recommend? They seem fairly similar, but I can only invest in one of them right now and don't want to miss any important principles that may be in one, but not the other.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2006 12:00:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2006 12:01:46 PM PDT
Jen says:
Hey Karen,

You probably already bought one by now, but I'll go ahead and share my thoughts. Having read both books, I recommend starting with TMM. It walks you through the basic baby steps, is a quick, easy read, and gives you a good overview of where to start and where you'll progress over time. FPR covers a lot more territory of financial specifics, so it's great to read after you have the basics of TMM. Have you checked to see if your local library has one or both books? That way you can read them without having to pay for them! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2009 12:21:35 AM PDT
Lisa Jackson says:
Read the Total Money Makeover. It is so motivational!

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 3:43:13 AM PDT
Mary Winston says:
Secrets of Jewish Wealth Revealed
I love all by dave ramsey but I just discovered this book and was so amazed with the material within that I will give it as present for christmas to many people. I have read many good financial books, but this book presents all the basic principles of how to handle your money more clearly than any other I have read. Rabbi Celso Cukierkorn lays down a concrete plan to get people out of debt and into good financial position.
Prosperity is built steadily by changing our vision & behaviour in regards to money.
Every American should own this book.Secrets of Jewish Wealth Revealed!

Posted on May 7, 2013 6:18:54 PM PDT
Prince Ojong says:
One is personal finance theory. The second one is personal finance pratice. I suggest you start with Financial Peace Revisited.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 16, 2006
Latest post:  May 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey (Hardcover - September 11, 2003)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,356)