Customer Discussions > The FairTax Book forum

Which book should I read?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 23, 2008 8:07:04 AM PST
I'm getting ready to write a term paper on the Fair Tax. Would either one of Boortz's books be better for that or should I look at both of them? I'm mostly just wondering if the new book is a compliment or substitute for the old one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2008 7:18:18 PM PST
The new book "The Fair Tax:The Truth..." sounds like it will be a compliment to the first book. Read the first book then purchase the second book. The first book only had enough room for one chapter on responding to criticism of the Fair Tax, I am hoping the second book spends more time answering questions and refuting the false information some people are distributing about the Fair Tax. I love the idea of the Fair Tax and hope that it is passed soon, but everyone should be informed before making their decision. I would recommend reading both books and in order of publication.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2008 12:19:53 PM PST
C. Monk says:
The second book won't be out for a couple of weeks and it looks like it is mostly a response to the critics. The first book is the meat and potatoes of the Fair Tax plan.

So you should probably read the first book now and then read the second one when it comes out. The Fair Tax book isn't long and it's pretty easy to read.

As for actually getting this thing passed...fat chance...politicians come and go but the bureaucracy keeps growing. I wish it would happen but I work in Washington and a change like this...well it's more likely that we'll see more taxes in our future, not less.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:39:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 2:39:42 PM PST
@Sides
Both books are frauds or hoaxes designed to fool the gullible. Don't be a gullible fool, don't buy either.
IF the book is in your library then borrow it.
President Bush rejected it in 2005, Mitt Romney rejected it in 2012. It violates the US Constitution, which does not allow a national sales tax.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The FairTax Book forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 23, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The FairTax Book
The FairTax Book by Neal Boortz (Hardcover - August 2, 2005)
3.2 out of 5 stars   (1,632)