Which one for newbies? Original or version 2?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2009 2:51:50 PM PST
Annie Bee says:
We have never played either Lego Indiana Jones wii game. Which one should we buy? Should we start with the original or just go straight for version 2? Would it be worth it to buy both?

My son is 5-almost-6, if that helps with your recommendation. : )

Thank you!

Posted on Jan 7, 2010 5:12:07 PM PST
Saints fan says:
The first and original release is better to start off with IMO.

Second is still fun, has a different feel to it and the split screen works well for two players. Buy this one later though. Also try the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga if you havn't already. It's very cheap now and a classic! Lego Batman is ok but wait till the aforementioned others have been played first.

Posted on Jan 14, 2010 5:13:17 PM PST
K. West says:
Definitely the original. I was so disappointed with the second. The first was wonderful and my son's favorite video game (he's 5). He has a hard time with the new version.

Posted on Jan 29, 2010 8:47:15 AM PST
Casual Wii says:
I would recommend the 1st Lego: Indiana Jones for that age group. My 2 boys (ages 6 & 8) love to play it together. We rented the newer one, and although they liked it, I thought the controls were harder. When Indy uses his whip, you need to aim your bullseye on the screen, while in the older one, your character just had to be pointed in the right direction. Took me a while to catch on, though the kids got it soon enough. I think that the games are different enough that I might end up getting both, but since the older one was only $20, it's hard to beat. It also seemed that in order to cover 4 movies, there's less depth in each one now.

And I agree that Lego:Star Wars (for same price) is another winner. There's lot of game play in both of these, and my kids keep playing their favorite levels over and over.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 29, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - Nintendo Wii
Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - Nintendo Wii by LucasArts (Nintendo Wii)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (138)