Which dual band router would you get? So what would any one get that is available in a dual band router?
asked by Mark S. Johnson on June 12, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
This one seems to be the best - e4200 linksys!
Kanwal Chawla answered on July 3, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I went with the E3200 I got for 99 bucks on Ebay. Its real close to this one minus a few features. I love it !
Glenn answered on July 7, 2011

A
I never review anything I buy, ever. But this router has to be the worst piece of junk that I have ever bought. I honestly feel scammed, that's right SCAMMED. Wireless signal drops out frequently, by frequently I mean every 10 minutes or so. Packets are dropped at a rate of 20% or more. This so-called product, is an embarrasment for a company like Cisco to be selling. Please don't waste you money, or don't say I didn't warn you.
If you feel like getting a second opinion just Google "e4200 dropped packets" and read for yourself.
Oh and by the way, this is the 2nd e4200 router I've bought, because I thought my fist one was a dud (bought in Best Buy). What are the chances of getting 2 bad routers from different suppliers.... either 10000:1 or they are all plain broken.
J. Restrepo answered on November 18, 2011

A
its this or that asus rt-n56u.. if only this is less expensive. w/out a doubt would get this, but it cost 189 here in canada while you can this as low as 119 across the border..sigh this sucks!
Tawak answered on July 4, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Dont bother with the Asus, the firmware is awful. Sexy unit, worthless software. Im trying the E4200 tomorrow.
Grynchmeister answered on July 21, 2011

A
I'm curious, has anyone tried both the Apple Airport Extreme 5th Gen, and Linksys e4200? Feature wise they appear the same, but what about in terms of reliablity
dchargerfan answered on July 26, 2011

A
Netgear N750 (WNDR4000)
Great fetures and allows and easy guest account set up.
So far so good.

I have used Netgear, Linksys, Belkin, Buffalo, and right now I am happy with the new Netgear WNDR4000.
AZS answered on July 9, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›