5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use!
I rent an older house and when our burner went out we replaced the element/coil and it still didn't work. I just received my element receptacle kit today and it took about 30 minutes to fix the burner, which is now heating a pan!

Since the kit didn't come with instructions, I found this video online and it was a great help: [...]

Tips: I cleaned...
Published 14 months ago by Georgia Porcher

2.0 out of 5 stars plastic housing burns through, not good
I don't know what the issue is but I keep burning through the plastic housing of this receptacle. It seems like the plastic can't resist the high temperature required near the burner. I've bought two and burnt through them quickly. I'm done.
Published 11 months ago by Ted Ryan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use!, September 25, 2013
This review is from: Whirlpool 814399 Element Receptacle for Range (Tools & Home Improvement)

Tips: I cleaned corrosion off the area where the bracket screws to the stove top with a wire grout brush. We didn't have wire cutters at home so I used the cutters on a pair of needle nosed pliers. We stripped the wires with a box cutter. The kit doesn't come with a screw so you may need one if yours gets stripped; fortunately, we were able to use the same screw. We cut the fuse to the stove rather than unplugging the appliance; the video emphasizes to make sure your power to the appliance is off as with any wiring project. Good luck!

2.0 out of 5 stars plastic housing burns through, not good, December 12, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Easy to hook up, poor connection with burner, December 16, 2012
A. T. Duncan (columbia, tn United States) - See all my reviews
I have replaced these before. This is one that was the factory replacement part. I did not have to install the connection wires into the receptacle as in the past. However, the burner contacts make a very poor inconsistent connection when inserted into the receptacle. Often the burner stops heating while trying to cook. I am going to have to replace this with another unit before I go nuts trying to cook!

4.0 out of 5 stars Application for stove range element wire repair kit, August 12, 2013
Purchased this to repair an older Frigidaire range because I thought it would work. The terminal lugs on the wire look like the standard 1/4 (0.250) female quick disconnect terminals. However, these terminals are much larger. For a connection using the 1/4 inch terminals, this will not work. However, the kit contains everything but the high temp 1/4 inch female quick connect terminals to repair a broken element wire on an older stove (short pieces of high temp wire, high temp wire connectors, and high temp heat shrink sleeving).

4.0 out of 5 stars An inexpensive fix, December 25, 2012
Save a bundle to do self repair. I would give five stars except no instructions came with it. I had to search the internet to find out how to correctly install. The stove works great again now that the receptacles are replaced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elements for Stove, July 9, 2014
They fit and installed well.

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected and easy to install, July 6, 2014
Easy to install. DIY'er not pro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well, April 15, 2014
Two of these burned out on my parents' stove. I ordered these, replaced (very simple to do), and their stove is working perfectly again.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Solved The Problem, March 2, 2014
The bracket wasn't an exact replacement of the original but it worked . The overall quality was good and it fixed my problem so I'm OK with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It worked!, January 29, 2014
Bought this to replace fix a few burners that no longer working, and this kit did the trick ! Works great so far.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›